You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies, Off-Topic
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » I will be here less.
Bottom
Topic Subject:I will be here less.
LoserWithCoolName
Squire
(id: The Kestrel)
posted 10-27-03 06:53 PM CT (US)         
At least until the end of November, I have been grounded from computer use due to grades (which were really not bad) and an idiot stepmother who thinks that banning me from it (except on friday nights, when I am usually out anyway) is going to hep me. If I am caught, then I lose the right to be able to see my friends, in which case I might end up doing something rash and getting more **** done to me.

I will try to stay active here as much as I can, like now, when my parents aren't home, but no garuntees.

Edited for language. Please don't use foul language in these forums. -Aro

You want fries with that?

[This message has been edited by Angel Aro (edited 10-28-2003 @ 02:26 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Adder
Fallen Angel
(id: The Adder)
posted 10-27-03 06:55 PM CT (US)     1 / 20       
Ha ha, loser. My mom used to limit my time but that's kinda gone away now unless I've been on all day.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
Raptor the Good
Squire
posted 10-27-03 07:41 PM CT (US)     2 / 20       
Good luck.

/// (, (\ ( ) () ),
\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

LoserWithCoolName
Squire
posted 10-27-03 07:47 PM CT (US)     3 / 20       
Now she's home, but she's hiding out in the attic, meditating or knitting or any other of the freakinsh things she does.

She came in when I was typing my last message though. Just in case, I've got tonigts homewok open in word, and it's done, so I can say I've been doing work. I'm just not firing up AOK, even though I can simply Alt+F4 it. I don't wanna lose any work. I'll wait until tommorow, I should have about an hour free, if I'm not mistaken, and if my brother doesn't waste it for me. My entire family is screwed up; I'm the most normal person in it, and I post here, so what does THAT tell you. I DO have freinds, though.

I think I hear that ***** coming down the stairs. Later.

Edited for language. Please don't use foul language in these forums. -Aro

[This message has been edited by Angel Aro (edited 10-28-2003 @ 08:47 AM).]

WhiteWolf
Squire
posted 10-27-03 08:05 PM CT (US)     4 / 20       
Sorry that it is that way for you.

good luck in life

[ Your quote could be here! ]*

* Contact information included separately

[This message has been edited by WhiteWolf (edited 10-30-2003 @ 11:48 PM).]

Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-27-03 08:30 PM CT (US)     5 / 20       
HAHAHA I GOT SO MUCH FREE TIME SINCE I DROPPED OUT! I can drink beer with my friends on the weekend and scenario design during the weekdays... glad my parents dont put a time limit on me.
Hey dont think Im some low life bum just cause Im not going to college. I dont need college Im going to a vocational school in January where Ill learn how to do a real mans job. Its less pay but hell at least Ill get enough for a house a TV and a car, no the office job isn't for me, Id much rather build a house than sit in an office all day... 40,000 a year is good enough for me.

I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast.
rayoflightsword
Squire
posted 10-27-03 09:37 PM CT (US)     6 / 20       

Quoted from Kestrel:

At least until the end of November, I have been grounded from computer use due to grades (which were really not bad) and an idiot stepmother who thinks that banning me from it (except on friday nights, when I am usually out anyway) is going to hep me.

Well, even though I normally hate you Kestrel, I have no choice but to be simpatetic, the above sounds horrible.

(¯`·._.~RayofLightSword~._.·´¯)
(¯`·._.~Official Unnofficial Forum Uber-1337 King of +1~._.·´¯)
"The Goddess Fortune is the devil's servant, ready to kiss anyone's ass".-William Blake
ax_man1
Squire
posted 10-27-03 11:08 PM CT (US)     7 / 20       
My stepmother used to be the same way. Until I got a comp down in my room. Then she says I can't use her's (I don't have a connection in my room), 'cause she thinks I'll just play games online all day or look up bad stuff. Plus she thought games screwed up computers and our minds. WTF is up with that?! If it wasn't for AoE and AoK, I would have little interest in medieval history. Sounds crazy but it's true. Fortunately, I don't have to live with her now (college) and I can go online all I want.

Except UND's server won't allow me to play AoK online . I haven't been on for like a month and a half now and would probably get owned in my first game back ...

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
TOAO_DaVe
Squire
(id: Tonto_DaVe)
posted 10-28-03 00:36 AM CT (US)     8 / 20       
look up bad stuff

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Signed,
DaVe.
Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 10-28-03 08:56 AM CT (US)     9 / 20       
Thanks for sharing that, Kes.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate your brain that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humansthe universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
leighn
Squire
posted 10-28-03 09:12 AM CT (US)     10 / 20       
unlucky loserwith......
i have internet restrictions thats all and still i have good grades

ŁĒĮĢĦŊ
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
(¯`·._.Member of Tundra Studios/ A spire labs division._.·´¯)
{¯`·._.Modern Mod Total Conversion._.·´¯}

upcoming ATC Activity attending:
-Flying-
Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 10-28-03 09:15 AM CT (US)     11 / 20       
Parents who restrict use of internet are just simply dumb. I have only one rule; to do exercises every hour I spend in front of computer. That is understandable. But other restrictions are just stupid, since you can still have a social life in internet. Though, you don't talk to other's face, but that doesn't matter.

I think almost all of the people who hang around here have brains, so they won't overdo the internet-thing (Aka 24/7 internet&AoK). It's good to have other hobbies too.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate your brain that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humansthe universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
dark_blade
Squire
posted 10-28-03 02:02 PM CT (US)     12 / 20       
I think this discussion should be moved to the towns crier forum. Tough luck about being banned though. You do know that if you open word and IE or your browser that if you hide the status bar down the bottom you can hit ALT+TAB to switch screens right? If not the try it. Worked a TREAT at college!! Of course, you do understand I'm not trying to help you get around your parents word right?
Anyway, about parents restricting use of the internet, it is true that restricting kids because of time is (IMO at least) kinda dumb, especially if it's only internet, not computer. However, there are dangers which a lot of people, especially young people I'm afraid are very blaze (blah-zay)about. Just be careful (mwaahhh hahahahahaha!)

D_B

Đąŗķ_ļąđę - ĄőĶĦ Főŗųmmęŗ Şįŋčę 2003

an era of glory has passed - may the arcade live on
Aro
AoKH Dictator
posted 10-28-03 02:25 PM CT (US)     13 / 20       
Sorry to hear, Kestrel.

Quote:

I think this discussion should be moved to the towns crier forum.

Not when he intends the post to be for this forum.

Your attractive master.
"Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
LoserWithCoolName
Squire
posted 10-28-03 06:16 PM CT (US)     14 / 20       
What's with blocking langauge the swear filter allows?

Quoted from WhiteWolf:

What happened to your mother?

I choose not to answer that question, because I don't feel like sharing my personal life which I often keep hidden from peple in Real Life to complete stranger on an internet forum.

[This message has been edited by LoserWithCoolName (edited 10-28-2003 @ 06:18 PM).]

Deathmatch
Squire
(id: Darkmaster)
posted 10-29-03 12:19 PM CT (US)     15 / 20       

Quote:

I choose not to answer that question, because I don't feel like sharing my personal life which I often keep hidden from peple in Real Life to complete stranger on an internet forum.

Wasn't telling us that you have a step-mother enough personal information for an Internet forum to start with?

Aro
AoKH Dictator
posted 10-29-03 01:54 PM CT (US)     16 / 20       

Quote:

What's with blocking langauge the swear filter allows?

The filter allows almost all foul language that was previously blocked, but if the Moderator of that forum feels that it isn't the type of forum for that language (a gaming forum to be more specific), they can edit the message and filter it out themselves.

Your attractive master.
"Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
Lord Link Drag
Squire
posted 10-29-03 02:43 PM CT (US)     17 / 20       
My families internet connection only allows 5 hours a day and theres 5 ppl in my family so i only gte 1 hour of internet a day. Doesn.t matter I never use it anyways, I just use like 30 min on the schools comp.
What was the grade she yelled at you about? I get yelled at fer 92's sometimes...yet my average is 93...

[This message has been edited by Lord Link Drag (edited 10-29-2003 @ 02:46 PM).]

rayoflightsword
Squire
posted 10-29-03 09:24 PM CT (US)     18 / 20       
I sometimes get my parents mad when I bring less than 80 home, even so, my average is normally 80 to 100 except on a few occasions when I get a........something

(¯`·._.~RayofLightSword~._.·´¯)
(¯`·._.~Official Unnofficial Forum Uber-1337 King of +1~._.·´¯)
"The Goddess Fortune is the devil's servant, ready to kiss anyone's ass".-William Blake
Lordoftherings
Squire
posted 10-29-03 09:32 PM CT (US)     19 / 20       
Sounds pretty painfull The Kestrel

What something wrong with my sig?
dark_blade
Squire
posted 10-30-03 05:59 AM CT (US)     20 / 20       

Quote:

Quote:

I think this discussion should be moved to the towns crier forum.

Not when he intends the post to be for this forum.

I wasn't saying the topic should be moved. Was saying that the discussion of parents rights to ban use of the internet doesn't have any real relevance to SD.

D_B

Đąŗķ_ļąđę - ĄőĶĦ Főŗųmmęŗ Şįŋčę 2003

an era of glory has passed - may the arcade live on
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames