You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » I got another question for trigger xperts
Bottom
Topic Subject:I got another question for trigger xperts
Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-27-03 08:41 PM CT (US)         
if anyone knows how to make a trigger so whenever my guy goes to a blacksmith he pays the blacksmith money for hitpoints/statpoints please let me know im having trouble trying to figure it out on my own.

I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast.
AuthorReplies:
WhiteWolf
Squire
posted 10-27-03 09:06 PM CT (US)     1 / 15       
Post it in the other thread, and just edit the topic. You do not want to post a thread per day. And use the search button too!

Trigger 1
No loop
Stance on
No obj
Condition: Object Selected, Blacksmith (man)
Condition: Timer, 10
Effect: Display Instructions 0, "Blacksmith: Would you like to buy a Finely-Sharpened Swish Sword today? Only 50 gold."
Effect: Display Instructions 1, "If yes, click the blacksmith (building), if no, click the house (any nearby house)."
Effect: Change Ownership, the blacksmith (building) and the house, from the player they are to the same player. (for example if they are player 3, change from player 3 to player 3).
Effect: Activate Trigger 2
Effect: Activate Trigger 3

Trigger 2
No loop
Stance off
No obj
Condition: Object Selected, blacksmith (building)
Condition: Accumulate Atribute, Player 1, 50 gold.
Effect: Tribute, Player 1 to Player (whoever you want), 50 gold.
Effect: Display Instructions 0, "Blacksmith: Thank you for your purchase."
Effect: Display Instructions 1, --Obtained Finely-Sharpened Swish Sword."
Effect: Change Object Attack, the hero, +7
Effect: Deactivate Trigger 3

Trigger 3
No loop
Stance off
No obj
Condition Object Selected, the house
Effect: Display Instructions 0, "Blacksmith: Ok, maybe next time."
Effect: Deactivate Trigger 2
Effect: Activate Trigger 1

Uhhh, I think that is it.

[ Your quote could be here! ]*

* Contact information included separately

[This message has been edited by WhiteWolf (edited 10-27-2003 @ 09:08 PM).]

Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-27-03 09:10 PM CT (US)     2 / 15       
My bad bro, thanks for the answer, I'll remember to search for the same question next time.

ReIch
Squire
posted 10-27-03 09:40 PM CT (US)     3 / 15       
You're starting to remind me someone...........
ah, musiclover at the start, please, dont follow his path

--
Best regards

Balazs
Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-27-03 09:41 PM CT (US)     4 / 15       
Wait im looking at this and i dont think it will loop, i've played online rpgs where if you step on a flag near a blacksmith your money drains 50 gold every 5 seconds and adds 50 hp or attack to your character every 5 seconds and it keeps on doing this untill your out of gold...

[This message has been edited by Lost_Alcoholic (edited 10-27-2003 @ 09:51 PM).]

Pyschosomatic
Squire
posted 10-27-03 09:43 PM CT (US)     5 / 15       
just to drive them nuts, follow his path :P yeah, i like to cause trouble...so what? anyway, why dont u just have it so that when u click the blacksmith he asks u what u want( like in white wolf's response) but instead of taking over buildings and such, everytime u pay, he justs gives u a different tech, until there are no more, at that point the guy would say something like "im sorry, i have no more new techs (or wahtever u want to call them) to sell you".
Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-27-03 09:44 PM CT (US)     6 / 15       
reich whoever music lover is i'll try not to follow his path
I SWEAR THIS IS MY LAST QESTION
i've played online rpgs where if you step on a flag near a blacksmith your money drains 50 gold every 5 seconds and adds 50 hp or attack to your character every 5 seconds and it keeps on doing this untill your out of gold...
HOW DO THEY DO THAT!!! I'LL NEVER ASK ANOTHER QUESTION!

[This message has been edited by Lost_Alcoholic (edited 10-27-2003 @ 09:54 PM).]

Enraged Orange
Squire
(id: RoboPaul88)
posted 10-27-03 11:05 PM CT (US)     7 / 15       
zyxomma100
Squire
posted 10-27-03 11:10 PM CT (US)     8 / 15       
Sounds like you need to learn the basics of triggers. Learn the concepts instead of thinking about each situation. Read a trigger tutorial.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/27199.html

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-27-03 11:51 PM CT (US)     9 / 15       
looping trigger 2 would make it so you'd continue giving your gold for stat points but it would continue giving you stat points even when you ran out of gold and after you unclicked the blacksmith.... at least i think correct me if im wrong, what i want is whatever triggers matt used for Warriors Odyssey II: when you walk to a blacksmith if you have gold it will automaticly start givig your gold for hp evenly, when you walk away from the blacksmith it stops this process and it also stops this process when you run out of gold... I'm sending him an E-mail maybe he'll respond in the mean time im gonna try to figure this little puzzle out on my own, please if you know how to do this please tell me

zyxomma100
Squire
posted 10-27-03 11:57 PM CT (US)     10 / 15       
Please, use some common sense. The looping trigger will only activate if the conditions are met. (i.e. the man is on the flag)

Quote:

HOW DO THEY DO THAT!!! I'LL NEVER ASK ANOTHER QUESTION!

No, no, no. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Just please use common sense before asking it.

And try to type so that we can understand it.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
Elf vrs Orc
Squire
posted 10-28-03 01:04 AM CT (US)     11 / 15       
couldnt someone just sticky a post in bold caps saying" use common sense before asking questions and use the search function"

"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one behind." -- General Patton --

"I do not fear an army of lions, if they are led by a lamb. "I do fear an army of sheep, if they are led by a lion." -- Alexander the Great --
“ Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.” -- General Douglas MacArthur --

Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 10-28-03 09:22 AM CT (US)     12 / 15       
Lost_Alcoholic, have you served in Afghanistan?

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-28-03 10:45 AM CT (US)     13 / 15       
Okay it works thanks for the help guys. i will never ask another anoying question like that again. And no I cant join the army yet im only 17 thats just a WC. Fields quote.

[This message has been edited by Lost_Alcoholic (edited 10-28-2003 @ 10:56 AM).]

Enraged Orange
Squire
(id: RoboPaul88)
posted 10-28-03 11:37 PM CT (US)     14 / 15       

Quote:

looping trigger 2 would make it so you'd continue giving your gold for stat points but it would continue giving you stat points even when you ran out of gold and after you unclicked the blacksmith.... at least i think correct me if im wrong, what i want is whatever triggers matt used for Warriors Odyssey II: when you walk to a blacksmith if you have gold it will automaticly start givig your gold for hp evenly, when you walk away from the blacksmith it stops this process and it also stops this process when you run out of gold... I'm sending him an E-mail maybe he'll respond in the mean time im gonna try to figure this little puzzle out on my own, please if you know how to do this please tell me

No, because this condition:

Quote:

Condition: Accumulate Atribute, Player 1, 50 gold.

would no longer be met. It'll work.
Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-28-03 11:47 PM CT (US)     15 / 15       
Yes I realized that was what i was missing from my original triggers, thanks for the help guys.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames