You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.79 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Masive Masive Project
Bottom
Topic Subject:Masive Masive Project
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 04-22-06 04:35 PM CT (US)         
In a weeks time or so i am going to try and challenge myself to a well a challenge.
I once got board ,well not really it just sounds better for the intro, spending weeks months even years trying to create a good scenario. So i am sick of this i am going to try to create a full playable scenario under 2hours including puting it on the blacksmith. But thats all i got i need help as to what type of scenario i will do, rpg , build and destroy just one big fat city been attacked by 1 big fat army who nows so please help me
AuthorReplies:
D412k_S4U120N
Banned
posted 04-22-06 04:46 PM CT (US)     1 / 79       
I would say an RPG that's based on something that really happened e.g:the civil war, revolution, that sort of thing.
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 04-22-06 04:52 PM CT (US)     2 / 79       
ok thank you
WildCardDoW
Squire
posted 04-22-06 04:54 PM CT (US)     3 / 79       
No offence, it will suck.

Also an RPG? Well a good RPG requires too much effort, better off doing an Ulio-esque type scenario.

[This message has been edited by WildCardDoW (edited 04-22-2006 @ 04:55 PM).]

Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 04-22-06 04:57 PM CT (US)     4 / 79       
There no way you could do a qualiltiy scenario in under 2 hours, unless you know the editor inside out (its the triggering that takes the time).

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 04-22-06 05:07 PM CT (US)     5 / 79       
Thanks for the faith.
I do agree a rpg might not work in under 2hrs but i was think maybe i could do a multiplayer scenario or somethink.
Althought wildcard i really don't no mean to sound dum i havent actuly been in this people area of conqueror if you no what i mean and im not sure off all the names so what is a Ulio-Esque?
And Scud i think i can do it and i have been creating scenarios for like 5 years now i am very cofedint where everythinkis what all the triggers do ect..
Indesstructable
Squire
posted 04-22-06 05:11 PM CT (US)     6 / 79       
Well you could make something that is complete trash in 2 hours but i doubt anything good.

Scud:

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scud Get a hold of yourself. And change that sig color!

[This message has been edited by INdesstructable (edited 04-22-2006 @ 05:12 PM).]

Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 04-22-06 05:11 PM CT (US)     7 / 79       

Quoted from Rise of Nation, you scen.:

ps please mind the spelling im only 14 and my spelling is really bad
pss i did make this all by myself
psss thsi is my first attempt so feed back will help thz

So you said it's your first attempt there, yet now you say you've been designing for 5 years, make up yor mind.

"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 04-22-06 05:12 PM CT (US)     8 / 79       
@ INdesstructable, my sig colour is fine, i can read it fine with no harm to my eyes - must be yours

Snaily
Squire
posted 04-22-06 05:16 PM CT (US)     9 / 79       
I agree with INdesstrucable

...Snail...
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 04-22-06 05:18 PM CT (US)     10 / 79       
you people are so negative thanks for the faith
i beleve i can do it and i will do it it will not suck infact i beat you it will get a rating of hmmm 3 no 3.5 or higher in the blacksmith
Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 04-22-06 05:20 PM CT (US)     11 / 79       
Yes, but how would be know you spend only two hours on it?

You could cheat, unless you prove you spent two hours and no more on it.

WildCardDoW
Squire
posted 04-22-06 05:20 PM CT (US)     12 / 79       
Ulio-esque would be a mix of styles, or really an RPG without the RPG elements. Hard to explain, paly the senario Ulio and you'll get me, I also guess a multi might be possible, not original but possible.
newIdea
Illuminator
posted 04-22-06 05:28 PM CT (US)     13 / 79       
I'm sure you can make something popular real quick. Take the original Castle Blood for example, that must've taken what, 3 maybe four 4 hours, if that. Although I think that requires a unheard-of amount of luck.
Maybe try making one in a week?

Gl, anyway.

dannyking.me

[This message has been edited by newIdea (edited 04-22-2006 @ 05:29 PM).]

Fattybryce
Squire
posted 04-22-06 05:29 PM CT (US)     14 / 79       
i promise sweer on my conquerors disc hope to snap it inhalf that i will only take 2hrs i mean how am i spose to prove that it took me 2hrs? say when i start and finish is all i got?
@Wildcard. ty
Ingo van Thiel
Squire
posted 04-22-06 05:59 PM CT (US)     15 / 79       
How long will the scenario take players to win? 30-60 minutes or longer? Surely you're going to playtest your work thoroughly before you submit it. As you're a designer who takes his work seriously, I'm sure you're not even dreaming of submitting an untested scenario to the Blacksmith.

Playtesting alone takes more than two hours, if you want to make sure your scenario is good.

Good luck, but do set some more time aside for your scenario...

Ingo

Fattybryce
Squire
posted 04-22-06 06:23 PM CT (US)     16 / 79       
@newidea i might try a lnger time next time if this doent go as well and im trying to go origanal not castle blood i hate castle blood. playtesting doesnt come under the 2hrs time ty for that ingo i had forgoten about playtesting hmmmm yeah i think that i will not count that in the 2hrs becasue then i think that that wont be good becasue proble mistakes and stuff and i will try to make it as long as i can. If i playtest it and find it isnt good enough i will not post it on the blacksmith and declear this project a failer and maybe like newidea said try a week or somethink
newIdea
Illuminator
posted 04-22-06 06:33 PM CT (US)     17 / 79       

Quote:

If i playtest it and find it isnt good enough i will not post it on the blacksmith and declear this project a failer

Well, atleast you made a thread for it.

dannyking.me

Fattybryce
Squire
posted 04-23-06 00:09 AM CT (US)     18 / 79       
yip atleast i tryed
but you see it will never happen because i will not fail
Super_Cell_51
Squire
posted 04-23-06 00:41 AM CT (US)     19 / 79       
Designing takes time. Thats all there is to it. The main reason most people that don't create quality scenarios don't create quality scenarios is because they don't have enough patience and they are not persistant enough. Once you obtain those two attributes, nothing but lack of skill can hold you from creating awesome campaigns and scenarios.

I know that if you create a scenario in two hours it will be complete crap. The key to scenario designing is preperation. If you took like three weeks of preparation, there is a chance that you might be able to complete a scenario in two hours, depending on many things...

But anyway, not dwelling on the negative, I am glad that someone is trying something new.

___~ Super Cell 51 ~___
"Live every day as though it was your last."
JESUS SAVES!
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 04-23-06 01:17 AM CT (US)     20 / 79       
Thanks
i do agree that scenarios take time and that ones that you take time on turn out good i mean just look at Rise Of A Nation in the single playe blacksmith its very good took me AGES well actuly a few months but you no what i mean.
And also thats the point im gona try this becasue they take time i want to see if i can create on with out all th time needed
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-23-06 05:27 AM CT (US)     21 / 79       
Even making a good map in 2 hours is really hard. And you also have to make triggers, test the scenario, remake triggers that didn't work and balance the whole thing.
I don't think you're going to make a good scenario in just 2 hours. I'm looking forward to see the result, though

Hussarknight
PaulC2001
Squire
posted 04-23-06 08:25 AM CT (US)     22 / 79       
Sounds like a laugh, I'd like to see this. I've always been tempted to do something like it myself. There is a little too much emphasis nowadays on technical expertise: invisible tile, GeniEd, hex-editing etc. Might be nice to see a pure scenario fired out of the editor without too many complicated triggers or map tricks... Good luck with this.

EDIT: Oh, and at the risk of being offensive to you, please, please, for the love of god, let someone else do your dialogue...

[This message has been edited by PaulC2001 (edited 04-23-2006 @ 08:28 AM).]

Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 04-23-06 09:04 AM CT (US)     23 / 79       
You can do as my smallest little borther does. Like this:

8 players
99999 of all recourses to all players
Lots of lots of soldiers and buildings
No story at all, just pure slaughter
Make some units undefeatable. Give one to each player
Use a random map as "background"

Something like that. You can can call it

TOTAL SLAUGHTER - THE DISASTER

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 04-23-06 09:08 AM CT (US)     24 / 79       
Sounds like a B-class American war movie.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 04-23-06 09:12 AM CT (US)     25 / 79       
Lol, Surge!

Yeah - when i first got AoK and i was 8, i made maps like that - one huge isaldn, 8 players and lots of units. Uber noobish!

i like cheese
Squire
posted 04-23-06 09:28 AM CT (US)     26 / 79       
Scud...get a hold of yourself!

I couldn't resist.

Anyways, don't be dissapionted if don't complete it in 2 hours, but it IS possible. Once I made a scenario in about that time with a yuactan map, and with a hero named... er.. something that begins with a "Z" I think I deleted it though. It would probably rate as maybe... "2.9" to a "3.7". I'll have to make another one.

But good luck. you can (probably) do it!!

cheese

Signature Pending.
fuzzydude45
Squire
posted 04-23-06 10:48 AM CT (US)     27 / 79       
Scud Get a Hold of Yourself!

I used to make 7 vs 1(Me) Or 1v1 where i would always have a massive advantage, Like 2000 units vs 200, But i was younger so it don't matter, I lost those when i reinstalled my game But io think you can get i pretty good score in the time your alloting yourself !

[This message has been edited by fuzzydude45 (edited 04-23-2006 @ 10:49 AM).]

Fattybryce
Squire
posted 04-24-06 04:13 PM CT (US)     28 / 79       
sorry i havent been on earlyer i gota share the computer with my sister lucky she boards she go away at the end of teh hoildays. Anyway thank you all for the support.
I do not intend of doing a mass war with 99999 food ect.. im gona try to have atleast a little story.
Oh well we will have to see how it turns out wont we.
looking forward to it myself actuly
PaulC2001
Squire
posted 04-24-06 05:02 PM CT (US)     29 / 79       
Did you ever play worms? I always thought a campaign like that would be cool. What I mean is that you could have each scenario very short, like one battle on an island or in a city or something, the only objective that you have to destroy the enemy, or maybe rwach some area... You could work a story in, but that'd be a very minimalistic approach...
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 04-24-06 05:14 PM CT (US)     30 / 79       
worms? is that that game with all the worms got like guns and stuff cause nop never played it
PaulC2001
Squire
posted 04-25-06 02:23 AM CT (US)     31 / 79       
Yeah don't worry then...
Colosseum
Banned
posted 04-25-06 11:09 AM CT (US)     32 / 79       
Man, you really know a campaign is gonna be great when the designer can't take the time to spell "massive" correctly.
TheTrebuchet
Squire
posted 04-25-06 11:12 AM CT (US)     33 / 79       
Oh yeah.

It'll be reeeeal good

Just like (Insert random 1.0 rating map here)!!!

. : T h e  T r e b u c h e t : .
    Member since 10/10/04
    Creator of the best Splash Splash ever
    SS XXIV - The Takeover
    --=---~--=-=---~-=--
"The turtles can only do so much dancing before they get tired. Then they go back in the box." -Luke M
Cesar Bernardi
Squire
posted 04-25-06 07:21 PM CT (US)     34 / 79       
You can finish a map in 2 hours if it is the shortest thing in the world and has 5 minutes of gameplay.

So, unless it's a humor scenario or something like that, it will suck.

And BTW,

Scud, get a hold of yourself!
(third time now)

i like cheese
Squire
posted 04-25-06 07:40 PM CT (US)     35 / 79       
Cesar, you naughty naughty boy!

funny! (besides, we need something new to say.)

But seriously, don't expect to do it in 2 hours or else, it'll be worse than cesar eating a tree. But if you really want to do it in 2 hours, use a yuactan random map or a jungle black forest, those are the best random maps!

Signature Pending.

[This message has been edited by i like cheese (edited 04-25-2006 @ 07:41 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames