You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » AI Scripts in triggers
Bottom
Topic Subject:AI Scripts in triggers
Fistoprince
Squire
posted 04-24-06 12:57 PM CT (US)         
Is there anyone who knows where I can find a list of the AI script things and how they work? I would be very grateful for any response.

Don't worry about the eye candy...I've seen worse, I just have to look at my own.
AuthorReplies:
WizardBoy
Squire
posted 04-24-06 01:30 PM CT (US)     1 / 11       
This will help you through the simple parts of the AI:
http://www.dgdn.net/dgdn.php?id=102&cat=article_pages&cat_ID=1&heading_ID=1

I dont know yet where to get a better guide. As im a starter to scripting too

I almost forgot.. Your CSPB document on your CD-disk has some useful information that you should read

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)

[This message has been edited by WizardBoy (edited 04-24-2006 @ 01:31 PM).]

Cesar Bernardi
Squire
posted 04-24-06 03:05 PM CT (US)     2 / 11       
You can get information from www.aiscripters.com.
It has the best tutorials as well.
Doktor Mabuse
Banned
posted 04-25-06 05:17 PM CT (US)     3 / 11       

the tutotrials are of course of limited use

additionally many of the old articles (including mine) are partially outdated and can be updated or extended - as they barely scratch the surface

and there are of course also many, many things that were never written in articles and other things

---

and this board strongly support single player, and no1 opponent in single player is AI

it would be much more easier to overlook and organize if aiscripting get a separate forum -

at least i can only think of something like this if there is a seperate Forum

---

of course still there are many things available at aiscripters, like scripts, tool and such -

for a beginning i would support something like that with a basic starter pack (including CPSB, UNITID_list, AIREF),

and MAY write articles that may give an inspiration to every scripter of EVERY expeirience-level

covering buildup, ai-focused-strategy (the game stays the same, but ai need surely a bit different "approach"), ai-focused-tactic, economy and many, many other things litterally cry for articles

ai scripting made a lot of progress also in 2006, and a whole new field opens atm - additonally like mentioned, there are tons of unwritten information and expierience -

good information is helpful if you want to write a competitive ai

of course this is also a lot of work i could also spend in scripting - so no guarantee that something like this WILL happen

-----------------------------

or maybe better said:

I wonder why there is no separate AI-Forum, could be nice
and the pool of info could be much higher here at aokh about that topic

this is btw no request for a moderator job IF something like this would happen, i don`t like to do that anyway :P
(i just mention it, in case someone think about this)

but i would support something like that
(now since there are some problems at aiscripters, i could spend more attention in something like that )

so basically i just wanted to hear soem opinions about that

Cesar Bernardi
Squire
posted 04-25-06 06:58 PM CT (US)     4 / 11       

Quote:

if aiscripting get a separate forum

That would be great.

Doktor Mabuse
Banned
posted 04-26-06 01:25 PM CT (US)     5 / 11       
That would be really great -

of course its clear that i am a very lazy person, but i could IMAGINE to write some articles then

.. though i wouldn`t rely on it of course - if something like this happens, i have no contract with anybody -
(just mention it for no special reason)

[This message has been edited by Doktor Mabuse (edited 04-26-2006 @ 01:27 PM).]

Doktor Mabuse
Banned
posted 04-26-06 01:28 PM CT (US)     6 / 11       
.. so if something like this is established there should be demand for it in the community
Fistoprince
Squire
posted 05-03-06 12:26 PM CT (US)     7 / 11       
What I really mean is if you go into the AoE trigger condition list, you get something that says "AI Script goals." What do they do? Where can I find out?

Don't worry about the eye candy...I've seen worse, I just have to look at my own.
Doktor Mabuse
Banned
posted 05-05-06 11:42 AM CT (US)     8 / 11       
They do NOTHING by default.

There is an effect that sends a signal (with a ceratin ID (1-255 or seomthing) to the AI -

and there is a condition that detects a signal with a certain ID (1-255) sent BY the AI

in the second case you need an AI that sends the signal - there is no default use - one could write an AI that send a certain signal to the MAP-Editor if the AI-Player has accumulated Resources of a certain Type - or if an AI player has reached a certain Military Pop - if an AI detect a certain players set the stance to enemy toward it - or whatever ...

... the Map Editor can then acknowledge this and enable certain effects, activate a set of rules etc etc ..

the MAP can also send signals to the AI (first case), for example if a certain player has Units in a certain Area, the MAP-Editor could send a signal to the AI, which then enable an attack for example -

these signals are unused slots, that have the purpose to make the SCN-EDITOR be able to communicate with the AI and vice versa

Doktor Mabuse
Banned
posted 05-05-06 11:47 AM CT (US)     9 / 11       

signals sent by the MAP-EDITOR can be acknowledged (and used again) while signals sent by the AI cannot be acknowledged (acnowledge = reset to "non activated") by MAP-EDITOR (and are therefore one-way only)

signals range from 0 to 255

Cesar Bernardi
Squire
posted 05-05-06 01:39 PM CT (US)     10 / 11       
@ Mabuse:

I have talked to Ana (check posts 4, 5 and 6), and she said it'd be interesting if someone organized an AI FAQ.

However, even though I have enough AI skills to create an AI of my own to a map of mine, that is as far as I can go. I'm no expert.

Are you interested in helping me out (and/or launching the thread yourself)? I'm not even half as good as you are in scripting.

Doktor Mabuse
Banned
posted 05-06-06 07:23 AM CT (US)     11 / 11       
yes, i am interested in helping you.

I am probably good in answering question, to think of questions is another story

but i will also try to put some basic things together for myself, probably some buildUp Tips for AI scripts for RandomMap for example

[This message has been edited by Doktor Mabuse (edited 05-06-2006 @ 07:24 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames