You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Music for custom scenarios
Bottom
Topic Subject:Music for custom scenarios
hamillhair
Squire
posted 04-28-06 12:32 PM CT (US)         
When making scenarios, is it possible to use music tracks from CDs and things to provide background music for a scenario or are you just limited to what is built in to the editor?

Eating breakfast is a good thing to do.
Unless it's poisoned; in which case it isn't.

Money is the root of all evil. Therefore it is my solemn duty to protect mankind by accumulating as much of it as possible, regardless of my personal safety.

AuthorReplies:
JackalRat
HG Alumnus
(id: BrandNewCar)
posted 04-28-06 12:54 PM CT (US)     1 / 4       
I'm not sure what you meant by music built into the editor? you can use the 'Play Sound' effect to play music in the editor. If you wanted the ability to stop a song at anypoint and then play another say, you can use 'Display Instructions' effect but leave it blank and then if you want to stop it use 'Clear Instructions' effect.

-will.

Discworld Designer!
MY DESIGNS:-] 2002PTC Honourable mention, collaboration with Qazitory
Troll Bridge v1.3, Dragons Lair v1.1
Project Page
hamillhair
Squire
posted 04-28-06 01:00 PM CT (US)     2 / 4       
If you use the play sound effect, there is a list of sounds, some of which are music tracks.

I want to know if it's possible to put your own music on that list

Money is the root of all evil. Therefore it is my solemn duty to protect mankind by accumulating as much of it as possible, regardless of my personal safety.

newIdea
Illuminator
posted 04-28-06 01:00 PM CT (US)     3 / 4       
To play your own songs, first put them in your AoK Directory, under "SOUND>scenario". Then once they're in the right folder, go to the editor and as long as they are the right format(.mp3 .mepg, i think), they will show up under the sounds list.

The complete adress to your "SOUND>scenario" folder:
C: Drive»Program Files»Microsoft Games»Age of Empires II»SOUND»scenraio

dannyking.me

hamillhair
Squire
posted 04-28-06 01:06 PM CT (US)     4 / 4       
Cheers bud.

There is a purpose to all my questions about various scenario things.

I'm currently in the middle of making a Robin Hood campaign, which, seeing as I've never made a scenario before, is proving a bit of a challenge. I don't suppose any body wants to review it when it's finished?

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames