You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Ill never play Conquerors again :-(
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ill never play Conquerors again :-(
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 05-02-06 03:40 PM CT (US)         
I had the problem that when i clicked in conquerors it would close it so i uninstaled it and now i cant reinstal it. It gets to about 4% then this comes up: an eror with C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Sound\Stream\xopen.mp3 has ocured or somethink like that but to do with that file. Now i would delet it but it is only there when conquerors is running and i cannot delet then because it says i can not delet it while it is in use. Can anyone help me get my favourite game back?

Oh and PS please no bull shit answers like that this topic should be placed else where because that wont help
Thank you

The Wall

coming soon
AuthorReplies:
fuzzydude45
Squire
posted 05-02-06 03:49 PM CT (US)     1 / 16       
Have you tried restarting computer and reinstalling game? Those are my answers and if you could can you get the exact wording from the error? Thank you! And this is Off-Topic, Can a mod please mark it so, This really belongs in General.

[This message has been edited by fuzzydude45 (edited 05-02-2006 @ 03:49 PM).]

Fattybryce
Squire
posted 05-02-06 03:53 PM CT (US)     2 / 16       
The message wont come up now. And also i have tryed scanning the file with our ani virus but it picks up no viruses in it.

The Wall

coming soon
WildCardDoW
Squire
posted 05-02-06 04:01 PM CT (US)     3 / 16       
Scratched disk most likely happened to me once before, I just got a lend of it off a friend and then bough it cheap, though this was when the game's were available separate. IIRc you get Microsoft to send you a new disk for free, or for cheaper anyway..
Mashek331
Squire
posted 05-02-06 05:10 PM CT (US)     4 / 16       
A similar thing happened to my brother cos the disk was too scratched. The startup menu wouldn't come up so all he did was go to go to the AoK directory and copied the icon that loads up the game. He pasted it again, and clicked on it and was able to play the game again. I think that's what he done...
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 05-03-06 00:41 AM CT (US)     5 / 16       
Yes thank you thank you. I checked the disc i think your right it is extremly scratched (well it is my first and still favourite game for pc) and i got it when you could get it on its own as well ( stupied me thought i didnt know it was an expansion lol)(6 months without playing ti was very sad) anyway i think i will take it down to get it resurfaced down at the local video store. If that doesnt work i might have to buy a new one. But i dont wish to buy aok as well as aoktc. Whats this about IIrc?

The Wall

coming soon
Super_Cell_51
Squire
posted 05-03-06 00:58 AM CT (US)     6 / 16       
Lol, my disk is scratched up very badly...So far, it has worked fine, seeing as I have had the same disk for around six years.

___~ Super Cell 51 ~___
"Live every day as though it was your last."
JESUS SAVES!
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 05-03-06 01:04 AM CT (US)     7 / 16       
You must take better care of yours. Now looking back at it i proble should have taken better care of it( cures me im guilty of pc game crulty) poor thing lol oh well the case and booklet and box is all in good condintion witch im very surprised about considering that when i got san andreas the case broke the very next day ( i stood on it opps)

The Wall

coming soon
Impeached
VIP (Reverie World Studios)
(id: MeGaIdIoT)
posted 05-03-06 09:10 AM CT (US)     8 / 16       
IIRC = If I remember correctly

me
PaulC2001
Squire
posted 05-03-06 11:16 AM CT (US)     9 / 16       
Only the startup section of the disk needs to be scratched for the game not to load up, so its possible that the disk can be very scratched and will still function. It's a gamble though. Best to keep all your games nice and shiny.

*looks at AOK CD, which could have been dragged against a concrete wall for all the scratching*

Well, do as I say, not as I do.

Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 05-03-06 11:26 AM CT (US)     10 / 16       

Quote:

Have you tried restarting computer

You should work in tech support with advice like that

...but back on OT. My disc isnt scracted and have had Aok:Tc for around 5 years. If you are getting a new CD (which you should) take care of it - eg the way you pick in up and be careful to keep your sharp nails from the underside of the disc.

_ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles _
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 05-03-06 03:16 PM CT (US)     11 / 16       
I might ave to get a new one. I will take better care of this one. And lucky i dont have long nails.

The Wall

coming soon
AnastasiaKafka
Squire
posted 05-03-06 08:10 PM CT (US)     12 / 16       
Try repairing the disc with a couple drops of liquid car wax...like Meguiar's liquid wax. They also have CD repair kits, but they are pretty expensive and you probably have some car wax around the house.

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
newIdea
Illuminator
posted 05-03-06 08:13 PM CT (US)     13 / 16       
Really? Car wax doesn't hurt them? Didn't know.

WalMart has a small hand-held CD cleaner with a spinwheel thing, for like $20-$25. You might want to give that a try. I use it for my scratched CD's and it cleans it pretty nicely. Good luck.

dannyking.me

Fattybryce
Squire
posted 05-03-06 11:27 PM CT (US)     14 / 16       
Car wax? i never would have guessed. Anyway im gona try take it to the local video store now they repair them and stuff for free. If that doesnt work ill try the car wax thing and if that doesnt work ill get a new one. We gota go get my dog rosie from the vet anyway (she had an eye tuma they chopped it out) soo i will be back in about an hour or so and hope it works
Cheers
Edit: we went down. good news and bad news people
good news: Rosie is fine
good news: conquerors works(YEAH!)
bad news: ive lost all my scenarios i was working on :-(

The Wall

coming soon

[This message has been edited by Fattybryce (edited 05-04-2006 @ 00:10 AM).]

PaulC2001
Squire
posted 05-04-06 02:26 AM CT (US)     15 / 16       

Quote:

ive lost all my scenarios i was working on :-(

When it asked you if you want to save all your previous files and folders, you clicked no, didn't you...

Fattybryce
Squire
posted 05-04-06 02:52 PM CT (US)     16 / 16       
@paul I think i did...oh well
@everyone. Thank you for trying to help!

The Wall

coming soon
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames