You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.25 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » up comeing campaign Gangster Life
Bottom
Topic Subject:up comeing campaign Gangster Life
harlem gamer
Squire
posted 05-02-06 07:44 PM CT (US)         
Gangster life For Age of kings TC Version
Created by j Marks perduction

Imagin Drugs, sex, money, house's, hookers,yuchts, manchons.
Well you got it all in 1 campaign Gangster Life. You play the role of a gangster going around towns doing odd jobs for other gangsters.Meet girls, drive boats, sell drugs, hire mercenaries, Buy houses's that come with maids that feed you, Enter buildings with real interior floors Is all here just imagin Age of kings with no rules you do the mission in any ourder.

Story line

Young Geda 27 Years old Walks into this unknown city,were they kill first and ask questions later. "Who are you?." The gangster ask's geda "Your not allowed to pass, unless you pay a fee!!." "I will not pay you nothing!!!. Geda replys and raise'es his sword. "Take this he shouts!!!." As he drives his sword into the gangsters chest."No body robs me!!." As the hurting man lies on the ground holding his chest Geda spits in the man face, the walks of into this strange city like nothing happended. "Now thats gangster."He mumbles to him self.

Features

1.No freez up taunt system
2.Upgrade weapons
3.lots of eye candy
4.Detailed insructions
5.Small story line
6.Enterable buildingins
7.Buy and sell drugs
8.Click on talk
9.15 mission battles
10.10 sub missions
11.10 side quest

MY Comnents
The gmae is not finshed yet its around � done.
I will be adding a link were you can go and view pictures.
you can email me at redrumharlem@nyc.rr.comfor more updates

Gangster Life Upcoming project

[This message has been edited by harlem gamer (edited 05-02-2006 @ 08:35 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-02-06 07:47 PM CT (US)     1 / 25       
It's... Intresting... It's not really the kind of scenario you'd excpect in this kind of game... It's very creative and not limited. Overall, I'd say it's a good idea. Good luck.
harlem gamer
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:00 PM CT (US)     2 / 25       
To neko

Thinks for the shout out. To me its gonna be a banger. im taking my time with this one, I made other campaigns but never
posted none cause i didnt like them. But Gangster Life is the one Im trying to bring someting new to AOK,

Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:08 PM CT (US)     3 / 25       
Yes. It's a good idea. If you can make it work, it will probbaly be really popular with most. I look forward to hearing your progress.
Cesar Bernardi
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:28 PM CT (US)     4 / 25       
Actually, Oliver created "Grand Theft Empires", which is very much alike...

Not to mention the famous "Life of a Mercenary"...

newIdea
Illuminator
posted 05-02-06 08:31 PM CT (US)     5 / 25       

Quote:

Actually, Oliver created "Grand Theft Empires", which is very much alike...

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,35209,0,all

Good luck.
But, do use better writing in the game.

dannyking.me

harlem gamer
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:50 PM CT (US)     6 / 25       
To all those who think im copying off Life a mercenary,Im not This is totaly different Superb Chat system , Enterable Buildings. Man im not gonna exsplain my self no more just when its finished you'll have second thoughts. Trust me Im no lousy designer The map will be beautiful,another thing dont worry about my writeing that a be corrected Hatter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
newIdea
Illuminator
posted 05-02-06 08:56 PM CT (US)     7 / 25       
No one said you were copying anything. They simply said that the "Criminal" idea has been tried before. That doesn't mean that it can't be good. A lot of good games are based on the same idea.

Oh, and it's best to let others talk highly of your work.

dannyking.me

Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:59 PM CT (US)     8 / 25       
I agree with newIdea. It's not copying. The project I'm makign has probably been tried before, but it's still uniqe in it's own way. Don't give up and it will be great!
jackdeathwish
Squire
posted 05-04-06 04:49 AM CT (US)     9 / 25       
It would be really good if you could give it a strong stroy line, but still keep it open say, 3 diffrent ways you can go. Side quests get pretty boring i found. Although the selling drugs and that is cool because it adds a echonomic side to the game, not just a Kill this guy and recive his wallet. Thats alot funner i think. Good luck.
Colosseum
Banned
posted 05-04-06 10:50 AM CT (US)     10 / 25       

Quote:

To all those who think im copying off Life a mercenary,Im not This is totaly different Superb Chat system , Enterable Buildings. Man im not gonna exsplain my self no more just when its finished you'll have second thoughts. Trust me Im no lousy designer The map will be beautiful,another thing dont worry about my writeing that a be corrected Hatter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your 'writeing'? How old are you?

Something leads me to believe this either won't be finished or suck very, very badly.

Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 05-04-06 10:57 AM CT (US)     11 / 25       
Oh boy, another white teen boy having an identity crisis...

Quoted from Colo:

Something leads me to believe this either won't be finished or suck very, very badly.

I agree. Also, this sounds quite hilarious...A gangsta with a sword...Y'all ain't keepin' it real dawg...You're also promising a lot of stuff, but I doubt you are capable of all that this campaign requires.

But, good luck, what can I say...Please don't waste me for what I have said!

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 05-04-06 12:00 PM CT (US)     12 / 25       

Quote:

...A gangsta with a sword...Y'all ain't keepin' it real dawg...

Oi blood, why you dissing the sword?! Its like proper steel init, from da' risin' sun'! It'll shank you bear bruv!

Anyway, i think you will need to work very hard to make it a scucces. To over come all the cliches and bugs that will proably arise when making a scenario of this scale.

Olvier tried to do this - and he failed, the lastest version si still rather buggy, and iirc had around 2000 triggers.

No offesnse, i dont know your skill - but for a new person to pull this off would be um....not a miracle but well, rare.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
PaulC2001
Squire
posted 05-04-06 12:06 PM CT (US)     13 / 25       

Quote:

It'll shank you bear bruv!

The yanks won't get that, I bet.

Quote:

No offesnse, i dont know your skill - but for a new person to pull this off would be um....not a miracle but well, rare.

No, I'd say a miracle would sum that up correctly.

Ollie tried it, I tried it, god knows how many people have tried it... I'm pretty sure everyone has had their flirtatious ideas with gangster "life sim" type scenarios.

It was amazing fun to make, took the best part of a year to design, but why isn't it on AOKH? Because it sucked. It played like a bitch, took ages... no one has that kinda patience.

The only successful ones are the relatively small ones like LoaM because they don't take the best part of the rest of your life to play through (don't even think you're gonna have the patience to playtest it through every time you add something new. Are you a buddhist monk? I'm not.).

However, if you really have your heart set on making one, I'll send you my version and you can get what ideas you want from it.

Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 05-04-06 12:09 PM CT (US)     14 / 25       

Quote:

I'll shank you bear bruv!

Quote:

The yanks won't get that, I bet.

I'll shank them bear if they dont!! Hey...i could help with the script lol

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
PaulC2001
Squire
posted 05-04-06 12:11 PM CT (US)     15 / 25       
Hehe. They say "we gonna mess you up" round here.
newIdea
Illuminator
posted 05-04-06 01:23 PM CT (US)     16 / 25       

Quote:

Olvier tried to do this - and he failed, the lastest version si still rather buggy, and iirc had around 2000 triggers.

Wrong. He decided to stop for many reasons. I still think he could've finished it.

Quote:

Ollie tried it, I tried it, god knows how many people have tried it... I'm pretty sure everyone has had their flirtatious ideas with gangster "life sim" type scenarios.

Hmm, sounds like a challenge.

You know, he didn't really ask you guys if you thought this was possible or not. And he certainly didn't ask you to make fun of him or his work. He was just informing you about what he's working on, much like everyone else. There's really no reason to put him down like this.

To harlem gamer, I'd suggest going to study some top-rated games to get some inspiration. Not copying, just seeing how a good scenario can come together. For something as "out there" as this, you might also want to learn how edit your .dat file, and change some units' stats/graphics. Personally, I'm think a machine gun would be cool.

You should also consider trying get some screenshots up. Take a lot of screenies from your scenario, and post the ones that you think are best. You have quite a few Features there, why not post some screenies of those.

Well, anywayz, good luck with this. The best advice I can give, is be patient. A good game takes a long time to make, but if you're patient, it will come out fine.

dannyking.me

Cesar Bernardi
Squire
posted 05-04-06 01:40 PM CT (US)     17 / 25       

Quote:

Wrong. He decided to stop for many reasons. I still think he could've finished it.

Yup. In fact, he said most of the features available in GTE were available in the second map of L&T.

Impeached
VIP (Reverie World Studios)
(id: MeGaIdIoT)
posted 05-04-06 02:05 PM CT (US)     18 / 25       
Starcraft has some really good maps of this type. GTA Classic the best one, for any of you that have starcraft, you should try that even if its the only thing you do on SC.

me
oliver
Squire
posted 05-04-06 03:11 PM CT (US)     19 / 25       
GTE never failed. I discontinued it because my computer couldn't handle it (my ambitions were higher than the CPU clock speed), and also, if you read my old thread, because I started working on my HCC campaign (i.e. L&T). Then I realized part II of L&T could be everything GTE was (fun, non-linear gameplay w/ emphasis on freedom) and wasn't (lag- and bugfree, stable, realistic, story-driven, without gangsta language and abuse of profanities). GTE will always be bigger than part II, but part II will always be better.

In one sense I will finish GTE by finishing L&T.

GTE was only roughly 1400 triggers btw, but on the other hand I only got around to trigger one island before lag ate up my scenario.

EDIT - Harlem Gamer, you want inspiration? I can send you GTE.

[This message has been edited by Oliver (edited 05-04-2006 @ 03:12 PM).]

Enraged Orange
Squire
(id: RoboPaul88)
posted 05-04-06 11:30 PM CT (US)     20 / 25       
hahaha, this MUST be a gimmick account. If not though, and this actually comes out, I think it's safe to say Ingo van Thiel is gonna be relinquishing his crown.
PaulC2001
Squire
posted 05-05-06 02:32 AM CT (US)     21 / 25       

Quote:

hahaha, this MUST be a gimmick account. If not though, and this actually comes out, I think it's safe to say Ingo van Thiel is gonna be relinquishing his crown.

Excuse me?

The_Slayer90
Squire
posted 05-05-06 09:18 AM CT (US)     22 / 25       

Quote:

not really

i like cheese
Squire
posted 05-05-06 03:46 PM CT (US)     23 / 25       
what do you mean, "not really"

Oliver's Grand Theft Empires is a great inspiration, but not the language. It's a bit er.. bad But, The Language does seem to fit the scenario. After all, it is about gangstas!

Signature Pending.

[This message has been edited by i like cheese (edited 05-05-2006 @ 03:47 PM).]

BaronPraxis
Squire
posted 05-06-06 09:48 AM CT (US)     24 / 25       
I would be actually suprised if you could pull this off. But I suppose if you try and try you could do this. May I suggest you download some mixed rap songs and put them in.

If you need a playtester I'm open for the next 3 years
My adress is:

HyperStigma@hotmail.com

[c=FF0000-FF9900]Bar[c=FF9900-FFFF00]on [c=FFFF00-FF9900]Pra [c=FF9900-FF0000]xis
[c=000000-0033FF]Current Project:
[c=000000-0033FF] Aji-Kun; In Cold Blood of Corruption
[c=000000-0000FF]Funny pictures, movies, flash videos.
The_Slayer90
Squire
posted 05-06-06 10:31 AM CT (US)     25 / 25       
@ I like cheese

I don't doubt that it's bad at all. In fact I wasn't talking about GTE anyways. I was talking about the campiagn this thread is about. "Gangster life".

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames