You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Time to make my first project
Bottom
Topic Subject:Time to make my first project
Stabby Slashy
Squire
posted 05-02-06 07:59 PM CT (US)         
But I don't know what kind of project I should create. An RPG, a historical campaign, a LOTR FF, a The Hobbit 19-scenario campaign without modpacks...

What to do, what to do...

AuthorReplies:
Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:01 PM CT (US)     1 / 8       
If you could pull it off, I'd say a historical campign. In my opinion, a historical campign is more related to the game, plus, for beginners, I'd say it's a bit easier because you don't have to come up with an entire storyline.
Stabby Slashy
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:03 PM CT (US)     2 / 8       
*points out that LotR stuff doesn't require me to write a storyline either*

EDIT: Also, less research. But if I had to do historical, I'd go for Alexander the Great.

[This message has been edited by Stabby Slashy (edited 05-02-2006 @ 08:03 PM).]

Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:07 PM CT (US)     3 / 8       
Ah, Good point. Although, I'd still say a historical campign because there are alot of people making LOTR ones. Granted there are alot of Historical ones also, there are many undone historical events.
Stabby Slashy
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:12 PM CT (US)     4 / 8       
Only one person did a The Hobbit campaign, and it really wasn't that good. Besides, no modpacks!!

And I never watched LotR movies, just read the books. Everybody else's campaign seems to be movie-based. I'm thinking of a LotR FF scenario where you control the hobbits and drive the ruffians out of the Shire.

Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:15 PM CT (US)     5 / 8       
Okay... The beggining part of that post disturbes me... You make a thread asking for opinions and when I post mine you try to find away to thwart it... However, The latter part of your post I agree with. That would be a fairly intresting thing to see.

[This message has been edited by Neko Magi (edited 05-02-2006 @ 08:16 PM).]

Cesar Bernardi
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:34 PM CT (US)     6 / 8       
Alexander the Great wouldn't fit the game very well without modpacks and heavy .dll editing...
newIdea
Illuminator
posted 05-02-06 08:37 PM CT (US)     7 / 8       
Theres currently a Age of Alexander mod in progress. I don't know much about it, as I don't do mods...

dannyking.me

Stabby Slashy
Squire
posted 05-02-06 08:41 PM CT (US)     8 / 8       
I think I can manage...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames