You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Neko Magi Presents: -City Life-
Bottom
Topic Subject:Neko Magi Presents: -City Life-
Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-07-06 12:46 PM CT (US)         
After having major writers/designers block on my other campign, I decided to start a diffrent one. This will be a campign with very little fighting, although there will be bounties. Basicly, you are a villager from a far away village of Tidus. You move to Midas to start a new life. There will be plenty of things to do. Here is a list of a few of them:

-Go Ice Skating
-Buy houses
-Visit two other villages
-Travel in "buses"
-Defeat bandits
-Collect bounties

I'm hopeing for this to be a massive campign. I am aware that city levels have been done before... althouh alot of the ones I've seen are either no good or there just eyecandy. Screenshots will be posted soon. If you want to playtest, e-mail me at muhsprodigy@yahoo.com.

[This message has been edited by Neko Magi (edited 05-08-2006 @ 07:52 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
i like cheese
Squire
posted 05-07-06 01:35 PM CT (US)     1 / 17       
Just don't include Cameos. (actually, if you are, don't say it untill your thread is thriving).

sounds like Grand Theft Empires, but that never came out. good luck!

Signature Pending.
Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-07-06 01:37 PM CT (US)     2 / 17       
Thanks! Don't worry I won't. I kinda got the Idea from that but it's going to be bigger and better. I plan to work as hard as I cna to make sure it comes out. I am still open to ideas though.
Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 05-07-06 01:45 PM CT (US)     3 / 17       
You dropped the one about Orlnu.

No offense, but this doesnt sound that creative and many people have tried, and failed, to make a "big city" scenario.

In my opion you should of stuck with the Orlnu scenario - for that original, playing as a pack of wolves, iirc - its never been done before.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 05-07-06 01:46 PM CT (US)     4 / 17       
I'd go with Scud on this one. Finish Ornlu !

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-07-06 01:48 PM CT (US)     5 / 17       
Don't worry. Don't worry. I am still working on Ornlu as well... I plan to release that one first anyway.
PaulC2001
Squire
posted 05-07-06 01:55 PM CT (US)     6 / 17       
Sounds good. Funny thing; I was planning on calling a scen from ages ago "City Life" but then someone told me they had a project of the same name in SWGB. Popular name, it seems...

Also, someone said it to me back then, and in the interest of upholding tradition:

This sounds alot like "Sh*tty Life". I think that just makes it so much better.

newIdea
Illuminator
posted 05-07-06 02:00 PM CT (US)     7 / 17       
Argh. I was just reminded of this game that was justa big free-roam city. You could have a job, join the french foreign legion, and a bunch more, but I can't remember the game. Oh well.

Quoted from Neko Magi:

I kinda got the Idea from that but

Hey, you write "I"s that same way as me.

Good luck.

dannyking.me

PaulC2001
Squire
posted 05-07-06 02:12 PM CT (US)     8 / 17       

Quote:

Hey, you write "I"s that same way as me

What's the other way?

Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-07-06 04:52 PM CT (US)     9 / 17       
Yeah... It seems really good so far... like I said though, I'm working on both projects, my Ornlu one and the City one. Ornlu is probbaly gonna take the lead in my work schedual so it will be released soon hopefully.
militia mouse
Squire
posted 05-07-06 10:08 PM CT (US)     10 / 17       
Stick with Ornlu Neko, It has the potential to be a classic.

If you're having writers block here's an idea for you(..check your mail)

:::::M:I:L:I:T:I:A:M:O:U:S:E::::

drop in to eleven:11 - my gallery
:::::::::Tsunami::Studios:::::::::

[This message has been edited by militia mouse (edited 05-07-2006 @ 10:37 PM).]

newIdea
Illuminator
posted 05-07-06 10:14 PM CT (US)     11 / 17       

Quote:

What's the other way?

Um, not capitalize it?

dannyking.me

Ziko
Squire
posted 05-07-06 10:34 PM CT (US)     12 / 17       
Well, in my opinion, I would rather have you finish off Ornlu, but this is going to be new...
When you say skating, is it going to take place in winter..?
Hopefully you complete this, I would love to try it out!

Oh, how large is the map?

Chaos is upon us! The balance between "Good" and "Evil" will clash and the Earth will be covered in darkness!!
No Idea if this makes sense, just thought it sounded cool
Email me athell_chronicle@hotmail.com for more information on my scenario's.
Current Scenario working on...: Sir Hye Merfiable: Save the Past II & Sir Hye Merfiable: Heart of a True Champion

[This message has been edited by Ziko (edited 05-07-2006 @ 10:35 PM).]

PaulC2001
Squire
posted 05-08-06 02:00 AM CT (US)     13 / 17       

Quote:

Um, not capitalize it?

Ah fair do's.

Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-08-06 07:10 AM CT (US)     14 / 17       
Yeah I do mean ICe skating sorry. It's not just going to be you watching eagle warriors skate, you will accually e able to control one. And Like I said, Ornlu is still receiving the majority of my time. I plan to release a cutscene from the campign(Ornlu's) soon, just so you guys can see what I have.
Super_Cell_51
Squire
posted 05-08-06 02:19 PM CT (US)     15 / 17       
Sounds interesting, but campaigns like this one usually never get finished, and if they do, they are usually very buggy...Not to only look on the downside ,though.

Good luck, and I hope you finish this project,

SuperCell

___~ Super Cell 51 ~___
"Live every day as though it was your last."
JESUS SAVES!
Cesar Bernardi
Squire
posted 05-08-06 02:43 PM CT (US)     16 / 17       

Quote:

"Sh*tty Life"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quote:

What's the other way?

1|)34?

Anyway, good luck with this. The greatest problem you'll get (be sure you will) it's lag. If you manage to make a huge city without lag, then you'll become a hero.

Neko Magi
Squire
posted 05-08-06 04:45 PM CT (US)     17 / 17       
Yeah... The bug thing has been a problem. Although, I spend at least a day perfecting each part of everythign I do. By the way, I'm using a giant map.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames