You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Scenario Design Problem - AI issue
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Problem - AI issue
JohnDunn
Squire
posted 01-25-08 09:40 AM CT (US)         
Hi there,

I apologise if this is rather a basic question but for some reason everytime I launch the scenario I have made in Map Editor, the Computer proceeds to do nothing except produce a few villagers and gather resources. The AI won't research technologically nor will it build even basic military units. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
AuthorReplies:
ForGreat_Justice
Squire
posted 01-25-08 11:40 AM CT (US)     1 / 17       
Is it the standard AI that came with the game? Or did you make a custom AI??
JohnDunn
Squire
posted 01-25-08 11:50 AM CT (US)     2 / 17       
It's the standard AI
ForGreat_Justice
Squire
posted 01-25-08 12:00 PM CT (US)     3 / 17       
Then I dont have a clue, sry man, maybe someone else knows the problem...
Jatayu
Squire
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
posted 01-25-08 12:31 PM CT (US)     4 / 17       
maybe it's on easiest

People overlook the most obvious things sometimes..

Jatayu O===| /
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios

[This message has been edited by Jatayu (edited 01-25-2008 @ 12:43 PM).]

ForGreat_Justice
Squire
posted 01-25-08 12:55 PM CT (US)     5 / 17       
well even on easiest the AI should do somethink besides collecting resources...
viperiv
Squire
(id: EpIc CoMmandeR)
posted 01-25-08 12:59 PM CT (US)     6 / 17       
The standard AI starts off by gathering reasources.

How many did you give it?

Also the standard AI sucks, download some others.
JohnDunn
Squire
posted 01-25-08 01:31 PM CT (US)     7 / 17       
It's on hardest and the computer starts with 2000 of each resource, a town centre, a scout, and 4 villagers. Any ideas?

Also, it'd be great if someone could point to a difficult, aggressive AI to download.
viperiv
Squire
(id: EpIc CoMmandeR)
posted 01-25-08 01:34 PM CT (US)     8 / 17       
Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 01-25-08 02:01 PM CT (US)     9 / 17       
Totally off topic, are you related to Andrew Dunn?

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
ForGreat_Justice
Squire
posted 01-25-08 02:06 PM CT (US)     10 / 17       
What is totally off topic??
Jas the Mace1
Squire
posted 01-25-08 02:51 PM CT (US)     11 / 17       
You just answered your own question John, 'agressive AI' is the AI that you want. It's not in the AI downloads though, you have to download a game that has it. I know my game Adventure Series I Southern France has it as well as several others.

[This message has been edited by Jas the Mace1 (edited 01-25-2008 @ 03:34 PM).]

JohnDunn
Squire
posted 01-25-08 03:56 PM CT (US)     12 / 17       
Ok I've used a custom AI and the computer still isn't doing anything, in fact his villagers are now simply motionless. The AI is working though as he keeps sending me threatening messages
Jas the Mace1
Squire
posted 01-26-08 00:28 AM CT (US)     13 / 17       
What AI are you talking about?
You can also make the standard attack more by starting them in a much higher age with resources. They start in the 'sending troops at you' stage. If you 'really' feel die hard you can set up map revelers for your enemy in your camp/Fort and give them troops(with slow moving siege) to attack you(#1) early.
John Mendl
Squire
posted 01-26-08 04:08 AM CT (US)     14 / 17       
JohnDunn, are you using a custom AI that you have made yourself? Or have you downloaded some custom AI from the blacksmith? Never trust custom AIs blindly. Many of them might not have an economy and might not contain commands to research technologies or train villagers, military or task villagers to resources. Besides, you might have downloaded an AI specifically made for a certain scenario. Actually, standard scenario AI is not that bad. If you have 3 to 4 standard AI starting from castle/imperial age with around 15 villagers and about 700 food, wood and gold, on moderate difficulty, they keep training armies and reasearch some technologies and often launch coordinated attacks. Make sure you place ample resources like trees, gold etc. near the computer players. Put the human player at disadvantage to the AIs, that is, give the human player lesser resources/villagers or make human player start at a lower age than the computer.

@Jas the Mace1
Does the aggressive AI train villagers, military and resaerch techs? In short, does it have an economy?

@Epic Commander
Are you sure that atleast half of the AIs in the link that you gave him are AIs with economies? I doubt almost all are immobile AIs or AIs specifically adapted to certain RPG/RPS/FF scenarios. He needs an AI capable of maintaining an economy.

@Matty12345
I don't think he is a relative of Andrew Dunn. If he was, Andrew would have cleared all his doubts by now

[This message has been edited by John Mendl (edited 01-26-2008 @ 04:39 AM).]

morgoth bauglir
Squire
posted 01-26-08 05:28 AM CT (US)     15 / 17       
AllianceThundaEmpire and Saiyan_AI, which I reviewed a 5, have both excellent economy and military.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
John Mendl
Squire
posted 01-26-08 08:55 AM CT (US)     16 / 17       
But are they fit for use in scenarios where a player may start in feudal/castle/imperial ages?
morgoth bauglir
Squire
posted 01-26-08 08:59 AM CT (US)     17 / 17       
I believe so. Definetly in feudal, I don't see why they shouldn't work in other ages...

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames