You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » LOTR Cutscene Competition
Bottom
Topic Subject:LOTR Cutscene Competition
John_G
Squire
posted 01-25-08 12:40 PM CT (US)         

Welcome to a Lord of the Ring (LOTR) cutscene competition!

My name is John and Im been so boold enough (or folish?) to think that a LOTR cutscene would be at its place. A Cutscene competition with the goal to have fun, and perhaphs to awaken the fascination on J.R.R. Tolkiens fantasy world.

Try to make an (or a couple of) scenes from books as good as possible. Constructive ideas like sound, music, and exciting trigger effects are all welcome.

Due to the blacksmith server capacity the cutscenes better be as biggest 5 mb (when win-zipped).

The dead-line then? Because its only a cutscene (and not a scenario) I would like to suggest the 29:e februari. That leaves us with about 1 month work time.

Judges? For this task I look for 2 or 3 who are willingly to take this task; some who have experience of making cut-scenes.

/John_G
AuthorReplies:
Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 01-25-08 02:00 PM CT (US)     1 / 9       
Please, I beg you all, give the competitions a break for a month or two. It is fun to have competitions but the whole idea is getting ruined by overuse.

We just had a Cutscene competition, and Dantares tried to open a LOTR competition which failed. How do you figure combining the two is going to work?

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
morgoth bauglir
Squire
posted 01-25-08 03:00 PM CT (US)     2 / 9       
Matty is right. Not right now, please.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
Emperor Alexander
Squire
(id: Alex Coles)
posted 01-25-08 04:19 PM CT (US)     3 / 9       
Perhaps we should have a break at least until Easter. Have some nice easter competritions

"...there's a difference between offering constructive criticism and going out of your way to be a dick." - Aro
Julius999
Imposter
posted 01-25-08 04:20 PM CT (US)     4 / 9       
I reckon a Pretty Town Contest is about due. That's probably the only contest I'd enter any time soon.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
ForGreat_Justice
Squire
posted 01-25-08 04:24 PM CT (US)     5 / 9       
I reckon a Pretty Town Contest is about due.
Yeah, why people never make those kind of contest?? It would be a break from the usual ones...
UnnamedPlayer
Squire
posted 01-25-08 04:44 PM CT (US)     6 / 9       
why not a real game competition

that is the only thing lacking in the blacksmith nowadays. we get cutscenes, but few good games
Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 01-25-08 06:51 PM CT (US)     7 / 9       
I reckon a Pretty Town Contest is about due. That's probably the only contest I'd enter any time soon.
Relax, I or another mod will have one up sometime this year.

However, let's not turn this thread into another rant over too many contests, bad rules etc etc. A thread just got closed as a result. If you don't want to enter or say something constructive toward the contest's wellbeing itself please don't comment. People will enter if they want something out of this, otherwise fate will reveal where this is destined to go.

Not to be a cop or anything.

[This message has been edited by Mash Banana (edited 01-26-2008 @ 06:39 AM).]

Dantares IV
Squire
posted 01-25-08 08:22 PM CT (US)     8 / 9       
If you don't want to enter please don't comment.
*zips mouth*

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
Fattybryce
Squire
posted 01-25-08 11:01 PM CT (US)     9 / 9       
*zips mouth*
Well you just contradicted yourself.

The Wall

coming soon
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames