You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » AoK Monthly Update
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoK Monthly Update
viperiv
Squire
(id: EpIc CoMmandeR)
posted 01-26-08 12:03 PM CT (US)         
The AoK Heaven Monthly update

This is just a trial to see how it goes.

News

2007 AoKH forumer of the year awards - Yes the 2007 AoKH Forumer of the Year Awards were hosted by ax_man1, there were many categories, from best moderator to best noobie.

Scud scooped a most of the awards and is the AoKH 2007 forumer of the year (Congrats) If you want to look at the results take a look at the thread in the Town Crier. (Thread).

Jatayu's Defend the spot Competition (Thread) - That's right, Jatayu has hosted a Defend the Spot Competition, many forumers entered, but a handfull failed to meet the deadline, however, there were still many entries and eventually it was up to the three judges, Jatayu, Matty12345 and Julius999 to decide on the winner...

...and eventually they did, Lord basse's "Defend the Island 4" came first with 120 points (Download here!), then in second place came Dantres IV's "The Outer Rim" with 107 points (Download here!) and in close third with 105 points came "Adventure Series VIII The Horde" by Jas the Mace1 (Download here!)

Blacksmith and project Updates

DRS AOK - Ykkrosh has released a utility that lets you view and extract files from the DRS file. (Download!)

Golden Cataphracts - Jatayu has released a handy utility that changes the silver armour of the Byzantine Cataphracts to gold. (Download!). Jatayu has recently been getting into data editing and has released an ideas thread and a guide to data editing. (Guide Part 1, Guide Part 2, Ideas thread)

Advanced Genie Editor - StSB77 has released an advanced genie editor, this extremely useful programme lets you edit all unit attributes, add, remove and change units and techs. It supports both AoK, and TC. (Thread, Download)

2475 - Birth of the Uruk-Hai - Quaazi has released his long awaited "2475 - Birth of the Uruk-Hai" campaign, in this campaign you start out with a army of Uruks under your control and you must fight your way through the forest-land of Ithilien and finally, reach the ancient city of Osgiliath and torch it to the ground. Be sure to post your comments in the thread. (Thread, Download).

Expansion project for AoK - Agammemnon has started a new expansion for AoK that will add loads of new units to the editor to help enhance your scenarios, he is still accepting ideas so if you have any post them in the thread, he has also released a beta so you can have a sneak preview at his work. (Thread, Beta)

Age of Chivalry - Last but certainly not least is the Age of Chivalry by Kor and Mechstra it is an update of the earlier version. It requires you to have ModPack studio 2 installed and the 1.0c patch. (Thread, Download)

So, what do you think?

Just noticed a spelling mistake in the title:/

[This message has been edited by Epic Commander (edited 01-26-2008 @ 12:10 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Dantares IV
Squire
posted 01-26-08 12:22 PM CT (US)     1 / 9       
Looks good, but I don't see it going too far. Maybe.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
morgoth bauglir
Squire
posted 01-26-08 12:59 PM CT (US)     2 / 9       
I don't think this is a bad thread, but I feel as if the Blacksmith thread covers all these things.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 01-26-08 01:40 PM CT (US)     3 / 9       
You seem to have even more spare time than I

I agree with Quaazi though, the Blacksmith thread covers most of this, and so does the regular news - if the mods started updating them again

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
ForGreat_Justice
Squire
posted 01-26-08 03:57 PM CT (US)     4 / 9       
If the mods started updating them again
Exactly, so for now, I think it is good.
viperiv
Squire
posted 01-27-08 03:26 AM CT (US)     5 / 9       
@Basse: Alas I do
If the mods started updating them again
Exactly why I posted this.
Ringer
Squire
posted 01-27-08 09:30 AM CT (US)     6 / 9       
As stated, it beats not having any from the people who were supposed to be doing it. I appreciate the little review on the month. It's not worth everybody expanding on it for the next several weeks, but, well, wait. What am I reading it for in the first place? I've come here almost every day for the past month... Really haven't contributed much myself.

Now ... close the browser and ... work on ... your scenario.

This reminds me how contribution-y other people have been lately. Another hand for the ModPack fellas and contest hosts.

“Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.” --Anonymous
Jatayu
Squire
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
posted 01-28-08 05:29 PM CT (US)     7 / 9       
Nice work. I might add that Ykkrosh did not 'release' that utility, I submitted it to the blacksmith because it was getting difficult to find. It was meant for SWGB actually.

And quite unnecessary to put the golden cataphract thing. That took what, 10 min? I just thought it looked cool

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
viperiv
Squire
posted 01-29-08 01:33 AM CT (US)     8 / 9       
Yeah, I was thinking of doing this every month, but..
Andanu T
Squire
posted 01-29-08 04:36 AM CT (US)     9 / 9       
You should. At least until The Blacksmith thread is up and running again.

But it's been stickied now, so we don't have to worry about it sinking to the bottom of the pages.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-
StormWind Studios

-:|:- Fight Against Fate -:|:- Zegrelandia -:|:- Eternal Moon -:|:- Current Project -:|:-
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames