Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Trigger help
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trigger help
Dogbert
Squire
posted 01-27-08 01:14 AM CT (US)         
I'm designing my first scenario, and I'm having some trouble with the triggers. The map is based loosely on the world, with 8 civs battling it out over Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Some of the civs start with wonders, and they get a bonus for it, but they lose if the wonder is destroyed. So my first question is
how do I get the wonder to declare the owner defeated if the wonder is destroyed?

The civs that start without a wonder are able to build one to get an ally. Here is the second problem: How do I set up the trigger to change diplomacy once the wonder is built? I know how to change diplomacy, but I don't know how to get the condition to know that I have built the wonder?

Thanks in advance.
AuthorReplies:
Crazedmaniac
Squire
posted 01-27-08 03:02 AM CT (US)     1 / 4       
OK, first if the person has a wonder at the start of the match..here is what you do:

Condition: Destroy Object
Then as an effect, just have it remove all objects of Player X

Effect: Kill Object for Player X

That effect will result them being defeated (no units available). Do not select an object OR area for this trigger. Instead, the engine will kill all of the objects of that specific player.

Now for the second one, do this:

Condition: Object in Area (Select area where wonder has to be built at)

Effect: Change diplomacy

I'll have some screenies I hope for you.

Tell me if it works

CRAZEDMANIAC
The Ever Changing Maze Progress: 73%
Download the new beta here!

Proud member of DGDN
Dogbert
Squire
posted 01-27-08 03:35 PM CT (US)     2 / 4       
Sure, I will try it.

Edit: Okay, I tried it and neither one worked. I still don't get how that kill object effect works; every time I selected building, it went back to unit. I need somebody to give me much more specific advice about how I could get that to work. Thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by Dogbert (edited 01-27-2008 @ 11:44 PM).]

Lazy Monkey
Squire
posted 01-28-08 03:37 AM CT (US)     3 / 4       
You may have an edited version of AoC such as the IGZ server if so, it normally glitches up, but i find you dont need to put building as long as you have it selected and player X selected.

Current project: Um...What's that?
White Champion
Squire
posted 01-29-08 02:34 PM CT (US)     4 / 4       
For the kill part...

Create the first trigger

Trigger 0

condition: Destroy Object (press set object then select the wonder)
effect: kill objects (put the same player as the wonder you have the destroy object condition on) then select set area and drag it across the whole map.

This will kill all of that player. The only problem with this is that the game may crash because of the amount of things you are killing. Try it out...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames