You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Winter Encirclement (Continuation)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Winter Encirclement (Continuation)
Emperor Alexander
Squire
(id: Alex Coles)
posted 01-28-08 03:00 PM CT (US)         
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,37720,,all

I was listening to some music, and was bored after completing Saqqara from Pharaoh. So, I just decided to load up AoK and continue my work that I stopped. I doubt that Jerusalem project will ever happen due to my waning interest in AoK. However, I believe that I should at least get the first mission of this campaign done. In the time that i've spent back at the Map Editor i've been able to fill up the blank part on the west side of the map with a mountain "fortress". Now I just need to fill it a bit more and the map will be done. At the end part of the map I have a trigger granting victory, but should I move the location of this closer to the end of the map to allow a crazy player to try and assault the mountain fortress just for fun? Of course, i'd have to make it tough to win but maybe it would add a bit more and enable the player to use the entire map.

"...there's a difference between offering constructive criticism and going out of your way to be a dick." - Aro
AuthorReplies:
Jatayu
Squire
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
posted 01-28-08 04:48 PM CT (US)     1 / 21       
Glad to see you're continuing..

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
White Champion
Squire
posted 01-29-08 06:21 PM CT (US)     2 / 21       
Sounds interesting... letting the player have the choice of assaulting the fortress would be more fun in my opinion and would add a higher replayability level... However it would be more work for you, so if you're willing to put the time into it. Go for it!
Emperor Alexander
Squire
posted 02-01-08 05:04 AM CT (US)     3 / 21       
It's been ****ed!!! (sorry for my foul language mind you ) I was toying around with it like I said and when I try to load it up today it isn't loading! Unless I email it to someone to see if they can load it ...

"...there's a difference between offering constructive criticism and going out of your way to be a dick." - Aro

[This message has been edited by Alex Coles (edited 02-01-2008 @ 05:09 AM).]

Crazedmaniac
Squire
posted 02-01-08 01:52 PM CT (US)     4 / 21       
I guess you can mail it to me:

dragonkeeper2011 (at) yahoo (dot) com

CRAZEDMANIAC
The Ever Changing Maze Progress: 73%
Download the new beta here!

Proud member of DGDN
Dantares IV
Squire
posted 02-01-08 03:45 PM CT (US)     5 / 21       
It's been ****ed!!! (sorry for my foul language mind you )
Hey, you don't have to use an * any more. A mod said the rules were more guidelines than actual rules, so there's no problem with you spelling out the swear word any more.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
Emperor Alexander
Squire
posted 02-02-08 02:08 AM CT (US)     6 / 21       
People have been telling YOU it was a guideline for god knows how long . However, when I first typed this out there's a message going something like "The word '(insert 'F' word)' is not allowed" and it astericked it up for me. If that makes sense.

thepunkguy
Squire
posted 02-02-08 04:47 AM CT (US)     7 / 21       
Hey, you don't have to use an * any more. A mod said the rules were more guidelines than actual rules, so there's no problem with you spelling out the swear word any more.
They probably told you that in the hope you'd get banned.
Dantares IV
Squire
posted 02-02-08 10:17 AM CT (US)     8 / 21       
People have been telling YOU it was a guideline for god knows how long
Well, as soon as oliver said, the rules are more guidelines than actual rules, I now have a plan to that backfire on him, by telling everyone that people won't have to use the * anymore and just spell the word out because, "The rules are more guidelines than actual rules.". Then when people start swearing left and right, you just watch how fast he'll have that stupid quote removed from this place and watch how fast the mods will finally start doing their job. I just hope I'm still here to either see a solution come here, or else, if my plan fails, see the looming destruction of this place.
However, when I first typed this out there's a message going something like "The word '(insert 'F' word)' is not allowed" and it astericked it up for me.
Well, that's interesting.
They probably told you that in the hope you'd get banned.
Christians don't swear buddy. And if that was their plan, I hope to have it soon backfire on this place.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
Emperor Alexander
Squire
posted 02-02-08 04:13 PM CT (US)     9 / 21       
I don't mind telling you that i'm a Catholic and I suppose i'd swear 20+ times at school every day and it doesn't bother me the slightest

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 02-02-08 05:45 PM CT (US)     10 / 21       
Well, as soon as oliver said, the rules are more guidelines than actual rules, I now have a plan to that backfire on him, by telling everyone that people won't have to use the * anymore and just spell the word out because, "The rules are more guidelines than actual rules.". Then when people start swearing left and right, you just watch how fast he'll have that stupid quote removed from this place and watch how fast the mods will finally start doing their job. I just hope I'm still here to either see a solution come here, or else, if my plan fails, see the looming destruction of this place.
That is so sick. You can't stand swearing, so you are going to promote swearing to see if it can get so bad that someone higher up in HG who somehow happened to notice Oliver's quote, which was fine BTW, will come here and edit it out? What the hell.
Christians don't swear buddy. And if that was their plan, I hope to have it soon backfire on this place.
Christians don't exactly go around promoting swearing to achieve their twisted plots either, you know.

Not to mention Oliver isn't even a forum moderator over here, he was just trying to be a nice guy by helping you out and explaining why they don't instantly ban every one who bypasses the swear filter. See if people are reasonable with you, then you just twist there words into a mess. If they go off on you when they are at their wits end like Cesar or Colo, then it creates a scene. We can't win really, unless we all just pretend you don't exist and never respond to your crap. Which I am not in the mood to do today.

@Coles:
Bah, you should have finished the other project, it was way cooler. Good luck with this one anyway

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 02-02-08 06:50 PM CT (US)     11 / 21       
Good to see you are carrying this up as it does have a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to some screenshots if you ever feel like posting some; but it is a shame you have put "First Crusade : Siege of Jerusalem (1099)" on hold (for how ever long for. ) as that would of been a great game - mabye it would be good to wheel it back out if there is a HSC this year.
I now have a plan to that backfire on him, by telling everyone that people won't have to use the * anymore and just spell the word out because, "The rules are more guidelines than actual rules.". Then when people start swearing left and right, you just watch how fast he'll have that stupid quote removed from this place and watch how fast the mods will finally start doing their job.
I don’t think that is a very Christian way to act and you seem to be bringing faith as an excuse for your actions, in fact very hypocritical.... and isn’t it in the New Testament that it speaks out against the hypocrites in his? Sorry for the theology lesson and this talk should be curtailed.

Dantares, if you have any problem with the management, moderation or rules of this website I suggest you take it up with the people who run/own this website via email, there is no point plotting schemes or going off at your fellow forummers – for ironically through your actions you are being very counter-productive to the community spirit here.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 02-02-2008 @ 06:52 PM).]

thepunkguy
Squire
posted 02-02-08 06:58 PM CT (US)     12 / 21       
Edit: Yeah, probably a good idea Matty. Apologies for dragging it further off-topic Alex.

[This message has been edited by thepunkguy (edited 02-03-2008 @ 12:39 PM).]

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 02-02-08 07:02 PM CT (US)     13 / 21       
@thepunkguy:
you might want to edit that out, it serves no purpose but to cause trouble. Insulting and giving advice are different things. A mod is going to have to close the thread if it gets ugly, and Alex Coles might not like that

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king

[This message has been edited by matty12345 (edited 02-02-2008 @ 07:03 PM).]

Argotha
Squire
posted 02-02-08 07:31 PM CT (US)     14 / 21       
seriuosly guys, stop boiling down someones legitiment thread into an argument over religion, or the like. People come here to talk about their scenarios not to listen to people have petty arguments. If you want to have an argument make your own post somewhere else

@Alex - sounds cool, and if all comes to much just take the trigger a day approach

EDIT: spelling

Argotha
CHAOS... PANIC... DISORDER...
My work here is done
Current projects: Utread: chapt1 (2/6 maps), Utread 2: (2ish/?) various other scens
"this brings me to a realisation, that scenario design is like childbirth, you soon quickly forget the pain it caused you but then you go back and do it again."

[This message has been edited by Argotha (edited 02-02-2008 @ 07:33 PM).]

Jatayu
Squire
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
posted 02-03-08 00:13 AM CT (US)     15 / 21       
^^lol, and Dantares still wonders why he's laughed at.

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
Emperor Alexander
Squire
posted 02-03-08 05:46 AM CT (US)     16 / 21       
Scud, I thought i'd go with this project and get it done with since i've worked on it for a quite a nice period of time (definately longer than any other editor I use where I just goof up). Also, making an entire new map for me would be too demanding for me when i'm just getting back in to AoK I think. But I think it might be my only other choice ...

Dantares, since your behaviour tends to be questionable i'll kindly ask now that you leave the thread. You can have one more post replying to these other people but that's it.

RS Greo0
Squire
posted 02-06-08 01:29 AM CT (US)     17 / 21       
Add some screenies please.

too many bad memories. I hate the name too.
one new account off the production line
RON PAUL 2016
Squire
(id: Turty)
posted 02-06-08 08:08 AM CT (US)     18 / 21       
Hmm... that reminds me of something I need to do...

Well, I wish the best for you Mr. Coles.

Oh, yeah, how is the story of the scenario going?
Emperor Alexander
Squire
posted 02-06-08 12:25 PM CT (US)     19 / 21       
So I tell everyone my map is completely screwed and no-one pays attention

morgoth bauglir
Squire
posted 02-06-08 01:08 PM CT (US)     20 / 21       
Didn't Crazedmaniac offer himself to load it?

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
Emperor Alexander
Squire
posted 02-06-08 02:04 PM CT (US)     21 / 21       
You'r eright. Might as well wait for his reply ... over whether it works or I actually sent it and it didn't get lost in an error.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames