You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » A scenario that i want to change...
Bottom
Topic Subject:A scenario that i want to change...
orenking
Squire
posted 01-31-08 11:20 AM CT (US)         
Hello:Well I really really liked the 5th scenario of the William Wallace campaign... And I want to play the same map, but with attacking enemys, some more paved roads, nicer village, etc. I know Microsoft probably have copy rights on that map, but I REALLY want just to add some changes... (Even without the original triggers). I just want to play the scenario not as a mission, but as a random map... Or design it in the editor. So can anyone please explain to me how can i use that map with the editor, OR send me the map through this forum or into my E-mail... I don't want to offend Microsoft, and if I get the map I promiss I won't give it to ANYONE but myself... It's just for my own home use. I won't publish it OR market it...Waiting for reply,Oren Glazer.

[This message has been edited by orenking (edited 01-31-2008 @ 04:24 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Matthias1027
Squire
posted 01-31-08 12:03 PM CT (US)     1 / 4       
I think you will only get in trouble if you sell said map.

First go to this link:
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=5613
And download the Campaign Manager. (You'll probably need to copy and paste the link to your browser)
Next extract the files from the proper campaign (Which is probably cam1.cpn but I'm not sure just, a guess) and move the scenario (The one that you wnt to edit) to the Scenario folder. The Scenario and the Campaign folder are found under:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II
If you installed them to the right place.
Lastly you go into the editor and edit.

I have never tried this with an Ensemble Studios made campaign, but it should work. If not one of the more experienced designers should be able to help.
orenking
Squire
posted 01-31-08 12:22 PM CT (US)     2 / 4       
I have no intention of selling it. thank you for the help, I'l try it right away.

[This message has been edited by orenking (edited 01-31-2008 @ 01:10 PM).]

Ringer
Squire
posted 01-31-08 02:08 PM CT (US)     3 / 4       
I liked that one too. Let us know when you're done!

“Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.” --Anonymous
orenking
Squire
posted 01-31-08 04:22 PM CT (US)     4 / 4       
It's working and it's cool!^^ Although it's very laggy sometimes, but it's fun to play. again, thanks alot for the help! ^_^ oh and guys i made another topic i will be foruming there about problems i got/had with scenario designing. so if u can plz giv me tips there too^^

[This message has been edited by orenking (edited 02-01-2008 @ 02:38 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames