You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » AGE OF KINGS BETA ALERT: (little present for you inside)
Bottom
Topic Subject:AGE OF KINGS BETA ALERT: (little present for you inside)
Taichi San
Squire
posted 02-01-08 06:17 AM CT (US)         
I received an Important e-mail from the ensemble studios!
They notefied me, that they didnt saved the early pre-release versions of this game

They pointed me to peple who may still have it such as Bruce Shelley, Archangel, (or AoERat/Agamemnon!)
Meanwhile i realized the every day that will pass will make it harder to find an older pre-release version than the russian one!

I alert all people to begin the search.

I have here a little present for you all.
Because some of you helped me before with finding some great old screenshots, I managed to extract a house graphic from it (see below)
http://taichi.quotaless.com/downloads/betaao2/house3we.gif (I changed the Image to a Direct URL link)

ATTENTION:
> Everyone possible owner or someone who found beta stuff please report to me (you too: agamemnon and phatfish )

BTW you may use the submitte image for your own mods, thanks to me, it can finally be used as a slp

[This message has been edited by Taichi San (edited 02-02-2008 @ 05:51 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Jatayu
Squire
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
posted 02-01-08 08:04 AM CT (US)     1 / 8       
Please make a single post, don't spam

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
Dantares IV
Squire
posted 02-01-08 03:52 PM CT (US)     2 / 8       
I remember that there used to be this huge thread that a guy made that had a bunch of stuff from the old Beta version of AoE II. Unfortunately I forget the guy's names, and the name of the thread. If I find it, I'll let you know.

Anyways, good luck with the search.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
Crazedmaniac
Squire
posted 02-01-08 11:24 PM CT (US)     3 / 8       
the image can't load from quotaless.com.....crappy serivce anyways...host it on imageshack.us or tinypic

CRAZEDMANIAC
The Ever Changing Maze Progress: 73%
Download the new beta here!

Proud member of DGDN
crasher
Squire
posted 02-02-08 04:33 AM CT (US)     4 / 8       
In this day and age we can't find free web hosting?

Ahhh, I DO remember the day when a free hotlink was HARD to find. We used to go to all sorts of crazy measures just to get one image displayed here on these forums...

Wow, how things have changed. These days my photography business has over 20 gigs of photos online and burns 10-20 gigs of bandwidth per month. Of course, I have unlimited storage and a PB of bandwidth per month... (yes I said PB) It costs $100 a year, but 5 years ago $100 would have barely bought a month of storage / traffic of that magnitude... (BTW I often offer to host high-bandwidth images for fellow designers, like full-resolution mapshots etc... )

But, I digress. I'm interested in seeing what this new beta unit is!

=Crasher=

[This message has been edited by crasher (edited 02-02-2008 @ 04:39 AM).]

Taichi San
Squire
posted 02-02-08 05:50 AM CT (US)     5 / 8       
hello guys

For a note: I am that beta dude (Ancient Warrior)
Strange man, currently I am seeing the image of this house in front of me, and it works, strange.
I think, I forgot to set the correct permissions to the image file.
OK, I must fix that.

Meanwhile I builded up a quite huge collection of alpha/abeta matherials.
You can contact me on the0bald@hotmail.com on msn, if you are interrested to get the whole picture collection (its around 83MB now).

I have meanwhile found 2 betas.
The russian one, 00.09.07.0222 from shadowflare, meanwhile I got a patch to get it to work, and all files are english now.
and I got a 00.11.13.0768 Beta, this one is newer, but contains cool bonus functions such as a sprite viewer and combat tester.

Currently I searching contact with AoERat/Agamemnon Yea, he uses 2 names.
But I have some prooves that he posesses an older beta version:
> Some time ago, he submitted some alpha graphics as modpacks to the blacksmith, to take the early alpha castle as a example. This castle wasnt possible to be extracted from images, because there were simply none of them that shows the castle in complete form .
> Evidence 2: I searched the webarchive.org page, and stumbled on an older page with AoERat (agamemnon) saying the following:
Yess! I have the Age of Kings Beta! Where can i upload it? He wrote no further messages after that one .

But this gives a pretty convinced feeling.
Dantares IV
Squire
posted 02-02-08 10:02 AM CT (US)     6 / 8       
For a note: I am that beta dude (Ancient Warrior)
Ah! I see. Well, I hope you do better with this link than you did with the other thread. ;0

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
Agamemmnon
Squire
posted 02-02-08 10:28 AM CT (US)     7 / 8       
Tachi San, I am not AoERat. Please read my post in the same thread you started in the modding forum.
Ringer
Squire
posted 02-02-08 12:56 PM CT (US)     8 / 8       
Finding old graphics is fine, but I'd rather make buildings to order! They're the easiest graphics to do.

And, by that I mean, describe a building to me, give me two days, and I'll post my model of it. Modpacks/expansions are BETTER when you make them from scratch!

“Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.” --Anonymous

[This message has been edited by Ringer (edited 02-02-2008 @ 12:57 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames