You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Conversions and tower gates
Bottom
Topic Subject:Conversions and tower gates
The Black Petard
Squire
posted 02-03-08 01:00 AM CT (US)         
For the scenario I'm designing, I want to make it impossible for the player's monks to convert other units. (there's one monk in the scenario; he starts out as a player three unit, then is converted to player one.)
For some reason, disabling the Dark Age technology didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas why?

Also, how does one make gates that have towers or other objects for the endposts? I can't find a utility for this on the blacksmith.

Devoted blogger (now with working link!)
I am quite possibly the 2nd
165th
2,118,454th
4,102,427,119,263rd best person ever.
AuthorReplies:
Argotha
Squire
posted 02-03-08 01:22 AM CT (US)     1 / 6       
im not sure what to do about the monks. As for the gates or ends.

Ends, if you wish to make a tower in palce of the end but does have a new end appear next to it there are two ways to do it. if you have c patch there is only one way and that is the one ill describe now. It require only one trigger where you remove the object (the end of the wall) and create a tower in its place. becasue this is in game a new wall end will not appear.

as for gates you need to use the water trick where you drag water on teh left or right of the gate until the tower disapears. the fill up the land again and palce a tower. reapeat for the other side

Argotha
CHAOS... PANIC... DISORDER...
My work here is done
Current projects: Utread: chapt1 (2/6 maps), Utread 2: (2ish/?) various other scens
"this brings me to a realisation, that scenario design is like childbirth, you soon quickly forget the pain it caused you but then you go back and do it again."
Silver Serpent
Squire
posted 02-03-08 04:58 PM CT (US)     2 / 6       
I am guessing you disabled dark age tech and are in feudal, castle or imperial age.

~~ The Prophecy ~~ 4.9 An enthralling tale about a beggar named Orion.

Designing a scenario and looking for something novel? Try ► Old Explorer and it's uses ◄ 4.5
The Black Petard
Squire
posted 02-09-08 06:26 PM CT (US)     3 / 6       
Thanks for the help, Argotha! I'll give it a shot.
I am guessing you disabled dark age tech and are in feudal, castle or imperial age.
Umm... yes. Is that a problem?

165th
2,118,454th
Impeached
VIP (Reverie World Studios)
(id: MeGaIdIoT)
posted 02-09-08 07:59 PM CT (US)     4 / 6       
Make the starting age dark age, disable that, then research the other ages/techs you want players to have. I think that'll work.

me
The Black Petard
Squire
posted 02-09-08 10:53 PM CT (US)     5 / 6       
Sounds tedious. Anyway, I suppose I'll have to...
Thanks very much for your help.

165th
2,118,454th
Cohort_Crusher
Squire
(id: paladinslaughter)
posted 02-10-08 06:49 AM CT (US)     6 / 6       
Also, how does one make gates that have towers or other objects for the endposts?
Place a gate while you're in map editor, then place a tower randomly. Go to the ''terrain'' tab, and then select the map-copy (I thought) tab. Map-copy the tower on top of the gates ends, and here you have it.

''This is madness!''
''Madness? THIS IS HOLLAND!!!''
''What's the difference?''

The 300 Dutchmen will fight in the shade of an oil fountain..
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames