You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Town centre problem?????
Bottom
Topic Subject:Town centre problem?????
Syed Anwar
Squire
posted 07-16-08 00:58 AM CT (US)         
In a scenario design where i disable the town centre in the disable buildings option twice because it is written twice over there.But again when computer's town centre is destroyed they tend to make a new one. How can I prevent them from making the new town centre although I have disabled it in the disable building options....and what is the function of loop in trigger.........

<<<<<<<<<<<<< /\/\E\/\/ >>>>>>>>>>>>>

[This message has been edited by Syed Anwar (edited 07-16-2008 @ 01:14 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Crazedmaniac
Squire
posted 07-16-08 02:01 AM CT (US)     1 / 7       
The AI tends to not listen to the scenario instructions, since they use building codes, and not a GUI like we do, so, they can build stuff we can't (Yurts, tents, etc). I don't have a solution for you though...sorry.

CRAZEDMANIAC
The Ever Changing Maze Progress: 73%
Download the new beta here!

Proud member of DGDN
Syed Anwar
Squire
posted 07-16-08 03:03 AM CT (US)     2 / 7       
and what is the function of loop in trigger?????
Crazedmaniac
Squire
posted 07-16-08 03:14 AM CT (US)     3 / 7       
The trigger constantly loops until the condition is no longer valid

CRAZEDMANIAC
The Ever Changing Maze Progress: 73%
Download the new beta here!

Proud member of DGDN
four hundred babies
Squire
(id: Lord_Fadawah)
posted 07-16-08 08:42 PM CT (US)     4 / 7       
Or in other words the trigger happens again and again, until it is disabled by another trigger or the condition is no longer met.

If you want, you could set a looped trigger that removes computer town centers whenever they get built.
Powery
Squire
posted 07-17-08 03:38 AM CT (US)     5 / 7       
You can also simply give no wood or stone to computer so they don't have resources to build Town center.
Well, stone isn't a requirement for it unless you have loaded patch 1.0c.
Syed Anwar
Squire
posted 07-18-08 01:39 AM CT (US)     6 / 7       
TO POWERY:
--------------------------------------------------------You can also simply give no wood or stone to computer so they don't have resources to build Town center.
Well, stone isn't a requirement for it unless you have loaded patch 1.0c. ---------------------------------------------------------- Well if I dont give wood or stone to the villagers then there is almost no need of villagers anymore in the scenario except for repairing purpose which also requires wood and some time stone and gold so which means they have again the chance of building a town centre.
TO ALL: Uptil now the replies I had received, shows me that there is no such way that only one Town Centre can be built.So you have to defend it at all costs.

[This message has been edited by Syed Anwar (edited 07-18-2008 @ 01:42 AM).]

dane_g87
Squire
posted 07-18-08 04:50 PM CT (US)     7 / 7       
You can write your own AI dictating how many town centers the computer player can build.

Or you can use the trigger "Condition: own object: Town Center => Effect: Remove Object (Town center)" and set this to looping.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames