You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Invisble Gate?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Invisble Gate?
bovines
Squire
posted 07-22-08 08:25 PM CT (US)         
I'm working on a scenario where only one player should have access to tiny forest path. I thought the best way to make this work would put a gate at the entrance but make it invisible.
The first thing that came to mind was to make a couple invisible tiles and drop it in there, but when tested the enemy walked right through it! When my unit went through it still made the gate noise, so the gate was in there.
Anyone have better ideas to make this happen or a fix?
The player would need to get in and out freely.

AuthorReplies:
four hundred babies
Squire
(id: Lord_Fadawah)
posted 07-22-08 08:34 PM CT (US)     1 / 2       
Can't you use a looped tasked object trigger to stop other units from entering the area? The trouble with gates is that any unit can enter while another unit is holding the gate open.
hunnic paladin
Squire
posted 07-22-08 08:36 PM CT (US)     2 / 2       
You dont have to use a gate if you dont want to. You could just make trees to block the entrance, and then have triggers remove them right before a player 1 unit gets the trees in it's line of sight. Then once it is out you can replace them. You can use, "Object Visible" as a condition. And to make sure no enemy comes through while the trees are gone, then task that enmy that is coming in back to it's base, or just remove the unit.

Does that help?

H U N N I C ~ P A L A D I N
HP is a very nice guy who'd rather be polite and nod his head in agreement to other people's opinions, than act tough and bluntly. -Andanu Trisatya
On another note, I read that you are 13, I must say that I think that you are very knowledgeable for 13. -street (That was a long time ago...)
Mystery Maze III - Currently Stalled - 39.8% Complete
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames