You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Help! Game Crashes When Changing Ownership Of My City
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help! Game Crashes When Changing Ownership Of My City
Plasmaflow
Squire
posted 07-22-08 08:47 PM CT (US)         
Hey, I was wondering if anybody could help me. For my scenario I'm currently creating I need to be able to make a whole city permanently GAIA. To do this the city starts off as P1's and using the Change Ownership trigger should all change to GAIA. The only problem is whenever I try to do this the game crashes (music still plays, game dissapears etc). Is there any workaround to this other than changing ownership small piece by piece??? Thankyou!

.**.**.**.
.**.*.*. Plasmaflow .*.*.**.
..*.*.* *.*.*..
AuthorReplies:
four hundred babies
Squire
(id: Lord_Fadawah)
posted 07-22-08 09:57 PM CT (US)     1 / 8       
No, the game doesn't like large change ownerships. Split it up into 4-5 triggers and see if there's any difference.
morgoth bauglir
Squire
posted 07-23-08 02:25 AM CT (US)     2 / 8       
Like Fadawah said, it'd be better to split it to smaller triggers. And GAIA triggers are naturally unstable too.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
Gwame
Squire
posted 07-23-08 03:02 AM CT (US)     3 / 8       
Split it up into 4-5 triggers and see if there's any difference.
And have different timers on each trigger. Keep each ownership change a few seconds apart.

MY NAME IS GWAME I AM AOKH MEMBER SINCE 2004 AND I HAVE MANY POSTS
BEST SIG OF 2008 AND 2ND BEST SIG OF 2009 (SAME SIG LOLOL)
BEST SIG OF 2008
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap music. If you're on of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.
"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^" "Gwame your sig ain't funny nomore." - morgoth bauglir"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
Nezon
Squire
posted 07-23-08 03:24 AM CT (US)     4 / 8       
That is the reason why I design with AOE :P

My Projects:
|Bushido - Way of the Warrior|Assassins of Greece|

Ikeda coming soon !
Andanu Trisatya
Squire
posted 07-23-08 09:30 AM CT (US)     5 / 8       
Nice sig, Plasmaflow.
That is the reason why I design with AOE
The editor has its advantages, most notably the cool-looking gaia objects and units made exclusively for AoE, like Alligators and waterfalls, for instance.

Nonetheless, I've fallen in love with AoK editor ever since I first opened it and start putting down random objects like a baby playing around with a new toy. It's both a blessing and a curse.

████████
████████
/\NDANU TRISATY/\
The Least Skilled Member of StormWind Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
Impeached
VIP (Reverie World Studios)
(id: MeGaIdIoT)
posted 07-23-08 03:41 PM CT (US)     6 / 8       
The number is 300. Effect more than 300 units at once with an effect, and the game will crash.

me
hunnic paladin
Squire
posted 07-23-08 04:25 PM CT (US)     7 / 8       
I have had the exact same problem with my laptop. It is really old, and any time I start a new game, the music keeps playing, but the game dissapears; everything is as if you never opened the game, except the music still goes. If you do CTRL+Alt+Delete then it doesnt even say that AoK is running!

H U N N I C ~ P A L A D I N
HP is a very nice guy who'd rather be polite and nod his head in agreement to other people's opinions, than act tough and bluntly. -Andanu Trisatya
On another note, I read that you are 13, I must say that I think that you are very knowledgeable for 13. -street (That was a long time ago...)
Mystery Maze III - Currently Stalled - 39.8% Complete
Crazedmaniac
Squire
posted 07-23-08 04:40 PM CT (US)     8 / 8       
Yay for old lappy's :P

CRAZEDMANIAC
The Ever Changing Maze Progress: 73%
Download the new beta here!

Proud member of DGDN
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to: