You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » How do you make tiny but accurate maps?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do you make tiny but accurate maps?
OldValiken
Squire
posted 07-26-08 11:35 AM CT (US)         
How do you make tiny but accurate maps? I've seen them before. They look like the map on the lower left corner but instead of dots, they show the whole unit. Or you can look at it as the plain point of view but zoomed out to like 20%. How do you do that? Is a certain program needed?

Look at this one:
here

---Old Valiken the Ostrogoth
Click here, I animate!

[This message has been edited by OldValiken (edited 07-26-2008 @ 11:39 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
hunnic paladin
Squire
posted 07-26-08 11:44 AM CT (US)     1 / 11       
That is a map shot. You cannot play the game from that point of view. Map shots are just like screenshots, except they capture the entire map in one shot(make since of that ). I havent played AoK in a while, but from my memory, I think you take one with alt+F12. If that doesnt work then it is ctrl+F12.

H U N N I C ~ P A L A D I N
HP is a very nice guy who'd rather be polite and nod his head in agreement to other people's opinions, than act tough and bluntly. -Andanu Trisatya
On another note, I read that you are 13, I must say that I think that you are very knowledgeable for 13. -street (That was a long time ago...)
Mystery Maze III - Currently Stalled - 39.8% Complete
Murloc
Squire
posted 07-26-08 12:32 PM CT (US)     2 / 11       
that's a global screenshot, you can't use it to play.
Dantares IV
Squire
posted 07-26-08 07:03 PM CT (US)     3 / 11       
OH, what a strange map. It must have taken a lifetime to design that!

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
hunnic paladin
Squire
posted 07-26-08 11:07 PM CT (US)     4 / 11       
Isnt the map the ever changing labrynth?

HP is a very nice guy who'd rather be polite and nod his head in agreement to other people's opinions, than act tough and bluntly. -Andanu Trisatya
On another note, I read that you are 13, I must say that I think that you are very knowledgeable for 13. -street (That was a long time ago...)
Andanu Trisatya
Squire
posted 07-27-08 00:02 AM CT (US)     5 / 11       
I believe it is. That's one long and winding maze.

████████
████████
/\NDANU TRISATY/\
The Least Skilled Member of StormWind Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
Crazedmaniac
Squire
posted 07-29-08 08:10 AM CT (US)     6 / 11       
You would be correct....that needs to be updated to show the latest modifications...
OH, what a strange map. It must have taken a lifetime to design that!
well, just a few hours actually xD
I have an ability to see things out in my mind (like a photographic memory, but cooler), and I literally planned out the whole maze in my mind. Tis both a blessing and a curse...

CRAZEDMANIAC
The Ever Changing Maze Progress: 73%
Download the new beta here!

Proud member of DGDN

[This message has been edited by Crazedmaniac (edited 07-29-2008 @ 08:12 AM).]

Dantares IV
Squire
posted 07-29-08 11:17 AM CT (US)     7 / 11       
Wow! I'd get bored out of my mind designing a map like that. lol

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
Crazedmaniac
Squire
posted 07-29-08 04:50 PM CT (US)     8 / 11       
heh, well, it does take time to do it.

CRAZEDMANIAC

Proud member of DGDN
hunnic paladin
Squire
posted 07-29-08 11:12 PM CT (US)     9 / 11       
Quote CRAZEDMANIAC's post #6 / 8
Lol, you sound like Monk on USA. :P

Gwame
Squire
posted 07-29-08 11:42 PM CT (US)     10 / 11       
I have an ability to see things out in my mind (like a photographic memory, but cooler)
And how does that work? The kind of photographic memory portrayed in TV shows and movies is pretty much impossible, or so I've been told.

MY NAME IS GWAME I AM AOKH MEMBER SINCE 2004 AND I HAVE MANY POSTS
BEST SIG OF 2008 AND 2ND BEST SIG OF 2009 (SAME SIG LOLOL)
BEST SIG OF 2008
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap music. If you're on of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.
"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^" "Gwame your sig ain't funny nomore." - morgoth bauglir"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"

[This message has been edited by Gwame (edited 07-29-2008 @ 11:43 PM).]

Crazedmaniac
Squire
posted 07-30-08 05:45 AM CT (US)     11 / 11       
And how does that work? The kind of photographic memory portrayed in TV shows and movies is pretty much impossible, or so I've been told.
It doesn't work like it sounds. My mind can somewhat show me how things should look. If I couldn't do this, that maze would take forever.

Example:

When designing the maze, I had to make the map entirely bamboo. In my mind, I planned out where everything was going to go. When I start doing it, it's like pieces of a puzzle coming together. My mind will say, this is done, move on. Then, I can use the same method (or photographic memory), to make the rest look identical. If your still confused, just ask away.

Edit:

Another Example:

I lost my jacket in the 5th grade. I spent days looking for it. My mom said back track. So, that night, I entered what was called REM sleep. (I think its REM sleep). Anyway, I had a dream, clear as day, it walked me through the school, and to where my jacket was. The next day, I walked the exact same path (referring to photographic memory), and guess what? Found the jacket.

CRAZEDMANIAC

Proud member of DGDN

[This message has been edited by Crazedmaniac (edited 07-30-2008 @ 06:01 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames