You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » How to make the computer attack walls???
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to make the computer attack walls???
Voodo chile
Squire
posted 08-01-08 06:01 PM CT (US)         
The computer AI never attacks walls. Is there an AI that attacks everything in their path?.Btw, its not for a random map.
AuthorReplies:
sSc_Cobra007
Squire
posted 08-01-08 06:59 PM CT (US)     1 / 3       
Yes, there is.

But, I don't really remember the command. You'd have to check it in your CPSB file and make an AI. Also, you can just task enemy units to a wall with a trigger and they will attack it.

___-=@#'=-___
_|Battle-Of-Thermopylae|_
|_-----Battle-Of-Falkirk-----_|
|_-------------------------_|
=~"-=
Dantares IV
Squire
posted 08-02-08 08:56 AM CT (US)     2 / 3       
I THINK they will attack walls if you put the game difficulty on hard.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
Ingo van Thiel
Squire
posted 08-04-08 07:19 AM CT (US)     3 / 3       
I believe there is an Ai command that uses the computer's minimum-town-size and maximum-town-size. I think the Ai tells the computer that the whole map is "his town", and that he should attack everything that is in his town. The computer will then also attack walls.

I never used the technique and only have vague memories of how it works. You may find something about it in an old post at the Artificial Intelligence Scripting Forum. It dates back to the year 2002.

Ingo

My new double album, "Song Machine Vol. 1 and 2" with 24 of my songs is online now on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon and most other online services. Check it out, it's published under my name.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames