You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.142 replies, Sticky
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Steam Workshop: You help us, help you, help us all
Bottom
Topic Subject:Steam Workshop: You help us, help you, help us all
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 04-13-13 03:39 AM CT (US)         
Dear community,

The Steam Workshop has made it easier than ever to share modifications and scenarios. This comfort however does come at a price. Recently we have noticed a number of cases where users uploaded works without specific consent of the original author.
Though Steam gives us the option to report such files, we have yet to see the actual removal of said files. Which is where you, the community, come in.

What we want you to do is to report any files of which it is clear that the uploader was not the original author or was not given permission to share the files. Additionally, it would be great if you would post links to files you suspect are cases of plagiarism. We hope that a mass-reporting of plagiarized files will lead to a faster response of Steam Support.

Please encourage other users to refrain from uploading files they did not create. If you feel that a certain excellent file from the Blacksmith is missing in the Steam Workshop, please alert a moderator and we will deal with it.

On behalf of the Age of Kings Moderation Team,

Dead_End

Works uploaded with author's consent
Aro - The War of Britain
Cilibinarii - Saladin Climatic I & II
Cilibinarii - Spanish Invasion of South-America on a 10 x 10
Crasher - Attack at Dawn
Crasher - Immortal Prey Prologue - Eye Of The Beholder
Felix Waters - A Victoria Crossing
Felix Waters - England, France and Great Hill
Ingo van Thiel - Gyda's Challenge
Ingo van Thiel - Ulio
Ingo van Thiel - When the Wheel Breaks ~ Part 1 ~, Epilogue
sSc_Cobra007 - Battle of Falkirk
sSc_Cobra007 - Forgotten RPG
Stephen Richards - The Battle of Edington

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 04-13-2013 @ 06:56 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 01-24-17 05:04 AM CT (US)     106 / 142       
This guy is quite a case... explaining everything he did would take a book but I'll try to sum it down.

He first came here about 3 years ago with his project called Rise of History, but it quickly became flagrant that it was all just a compilation of others' work, done without permission or credits.

Here and here are both threads on the topic. Now making mods using other people's assets is quite a common thing, but it's the fact that a remorseless kept claiming all of it as his own that set him apart, and that he was asking for people to pay him to support his work. He even presented AGE and Turtle Pack as created by him on his website.

Both Jorgito and Tzon, whose work have been the most stolen, tried to talk to him but he both rejected them in a very rude manner (see the comments here here. He got banned and that was it for a while.

A year later he resurfaced with this thread, in which he advertised for a pirated version of AoE blatantly using Tzon's work and converted Civ3 units to which he has no right upon.

In the meantime he also uploaded several mods on the Steam Workahop, most of which have been taken down by now but he is still uploading new ones now (http://steamcommunity.com/id/StudiosEnkeli/myworkshopfiles/?appid=221380) using graphics from Civ3, 0AD and other games/mods.

He notably took Warsmithy's unreleased project and released it on Steam presenting it as his, and when confronted he claimed having the 3D models to prove it (3D models for copy paste graphics, a real genius). Anyway it was all taken down, but it doesn't seem to stop him.

He has been the main focus on the Steam workshop thread in the modding forum.

I won't even bother linking to his facebook, where is accusés FE to steal his work for the expansions, claims he was contacted by MS to work on HD and all sorts of lunacy.

No later than today he managed to raise 1000$ dollars for one of his project.

And I have wasted way more time than he deserved writing this comment.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.

[This message has been edited by TriRem (edited 01-24-2017 @ 06:32 AM).]

Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 01-24-17 02:47 PM CT (US)     107 / 142       
Wow, this guy is a real case. Thank you TriRem for taking the time to write that post. I'll get to removing his file after work.
Bassi
Squire
posted 01-24-17 06:19 PM CT (US)     108 / 142       
I can't find Enkeli's work ... ehm "thief-shop" no more ...
To whom do we have to thank for this great service?
gag2000
Squire
posted 01-24-17 10:27 PM CT (US)     109 / 142       
I had a discussion on his discussion page of his Workshop, i posted in his mother language, may be took the time and did a research what could happen when a lawyer send him a letter about what he doing, taking / making money from other peoples workia illegal.
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 01-25-17 01:15 AM CT (US)     110 / 142       
Well it's becoming ad hominem *grabs popcorn*
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=358143367900159&id=277059746008522

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
Jan dc
Squire
(id: Den cekke)
posted 01-25-17 04:25 AM CT (US)     111 / 142       
The workshop item got pulled down by a moderator and he got banned.
Bassi
Squire
posted 01-25-17 07:06 AM CT (US)     112 / 142       
@TriRem: I reported him on steam for this facebook post, with which he tries to terrorize other steam users. But I have the feeling that steam staff won't care too much ...
gag2000
Squire
posted 01-25-17 08:33 AM CT (US)     113 / 142       
he uploaded (prepare) the file here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-kings-medieval-warfare
as he told in his facebook post, i already reported the mod, you can do same - so when more user report the same mod, moderators there will keep an eye on the mod.
You find the report function here:

https://i.imgur.com/qZ8v7Ag.jpg

together as community we can stop that he spread other people work as his own (also if we can not stop him forever.

edit: and dont worry about your steam accounts, steam will research if the report is justified or not, false reporting is also against steam rules, lets hope they will earn what they seed

[This message has been edited by gag2000 (edited 01-25-2017 @ 09:18 AM).]

Bassi
Squire
posted 03-30-17 05:17 AM CT (US)     114 / 142       
This was uploaded on AoKH in 2008, now on steam. I don't think it's the original creator, who uploaded it on the steam Workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=891523164&searchtext=

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=9334
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-30-17 09:24 AM CT (US)     115 / 142       
Have you guys considered tranfering the authorship of all files on the blacksmith to the ownership of AoKH so you can issue takedowns as the personal author? Or is that crazy\outrageous\borderline behaviour?

Its rich that the file bassi linked to, the author himself linked the blacksmith page!! Wow.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
Bassi
Squire
posted 03-30-17 12:03 PM CT (US)     116 / 142       
Its rich that the file bassi linked to, the author himself linked the blacksmith page!! Wow.
I think it's a random steam user who put the link to the original campaign in the comments ... ?
Anyway, not giving credit to the original author is absolutely not ok.
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-30-17 12:06 PM CT (US)     117 / 142       
Anyway, not giving credit to the original author is absolutely not ok.
Yeah, thats what i was getting at. But according to this topic, steam wont take action unless the original author speaks up, which leaves the system open for abuse

Just to make it abundantly clear, its absolutely atrocious whats going on with the thefts here. I think you somehow misread me as condoning it somehow, but i think that was just the language barrier and me being unclear.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 03-30-2017 @ 01:16 PM).]

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 03-30-17 01:16 PM CT (US)     118 / 142       
A couple years ago there was a staff-led initiative here that aimed at uploading all (or most) of the higher-end AoKH content on Steam under a single "AoKH" Steam Workshop account. However, the process grew to be rather time-intensive as permission had to be obtained from each individual file author, and the staff member leading the initiative has since moved on due to real-life concerns.

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-30-17 01:21 PM CT (US)     119 / 142       
Unfortunately the low life losers who do this kind of thing are fairly numerous and carefree with their time, while the responsible who try to fight it tend to be far more limited. Shame on steam for their minimum curation policy Yes uploading the thousands of works worth protecting sounds like an impossible task, as well as searching out and hunting down thefts.

Bassi
Squire
posted 03-30-17 01:26 PM CT (US)     120 / 142       
I think you somehow misread me as condoning it somehow, but i think that was just the language barrier and me being unclear.
All good!
RadioLince
Squire
posted 05-11-17 04:25 PM CT (US)     121 / 142       
This guy Enkeli is stolen icons and textures from 0 A.D.
And his excuse is, he working with them when they starting as a mod. That's a lie.
Because many of that work(stolen) started after 2003-2004. Several years after Wildfire games starting 0 A.D

The icons were made Pureon probably 2009-2011.

Egyptian concepts were creating by Mythos ruler and Enrique Keykens around 2011-2012.

In a YouTube streaming he talk with this guys Mayorcete.
Saying he make the buildings in the game.

Enkeli never and never work for WFG.

Now he retires many arts from Rise of Kings because the true owner never get the properly permission.
The carcoma buildings.

Even in their Facebook and steam you can see that.

He make 3 videos in Facebook defending saying, is not plagiarism because are history elements.

He even don't have idea about, copyrighted material or intellectual property.

Mayorcete is helping with the forgotten team to steam accept his mods.

He is claiming each civ can be cost $50.
He is using Indiegogo and another crowdfunding to make money with stolen work.
Bassi
Squire
posted 05-11-17 04:34 PM CT (US)     122 / 142       
Mayorcete is helping with the forgotten team to steam accept his mods.
What do you mean by that? I'm not sure if I understand!

Do you have a link to the Youtube stream you are taling about?
RadioLince
Squire
posted 05-11-17 04:47 PM CT (US)     123 / 142       

https://youtu.be/NH3E-iqTV0Q
1:28:35
Sorry my English.

[This message has been edited by RadioLince (edited 05-11-2017 @ 04:53 PM).]

Jan dc
Squire
(id: Den cekke)
posted 05-11-17 05:30 PM CT (US)     124 / 142       
From what I heard Mayorcete reached out to get Enkeli's mod back on steam. Since none of the people who he is stealing from have actually filed complaints, he's allowed to upload his mod again.

If you know any of the content creators he has stolen from, tell them to report it together with proof, so action can be taken.
RadioLince
Squire
posted 05-11-17 06:25 PM CT (US)     125 / 142       
Yes, I will ready. But they stole the work no only from this community.

We must to defend our work and other together.

[This message has been edited by RadioLince (edited 05-11-2017 @ 06:34 PM).]

Bassi
Squire
posted 05-11-17 06:30 PM CT (US)     126 / 142       
I'm willing to help, if needed. Can you provide us with contact information?
RadioLince
Squire
posted 05-11-17 06:43 PM CT (US)     127 / 142       
Im worry for my privacy because him(Enkeli) have a group of trolls in his FB.

And see he try attack to and ban ( from stream) the people that are looking for justice.

I want inform when he try to attack because have the advantage have a group of Spanish/Latino followers.

E-Mail: Per_ohlin@hispavista.com

I saw trying to attack the user TriRem in the past and another guy from Norway.

https://www.facebook.com/StudiosEnkeli/posts/364743177240178

He said: "Okay guys, what do you think about reporting accounts on Steam? Due to your incessant denunciations of my work that you enjoy"

[This message has been edited by RadioLince (edited 05-11-2017 @ 07:24 PM).]

Jay10125
Squire
(id: thomasweed9)
posted 05-12-17 02:31 AM CT (US)     128 / 142       
But why aren't modders uploading directly uploading on Steam workshop first?
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 05-15-17 09:36 AM CT (US)     129 / 142       
Someone has recently uploaded Ulio. Gives credit, but doubt this guy has permission. He's also edited it (also doubt he has permission to do THAT) to be "Adapted to HD".

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
Bassi
Squire
posted 05-15-17 09:42 AM CT (US)     130 / 142       
Ingo has allowed the steam reuploads, as far as I remember. Igor did not change the scenarios, only converted it correctly, so the maps would actually work (which they do not in the other Ulio Uploads on steam).

[This message has been edited by Bassi (edited 05-15-2017 @ 12:43 PM).]

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 05-15-17 12:08 PM CT (US)     131 / 142       
Presumably, one of the edits was to remove that projectile from the second scenario that HD recognizes as a cow, causing the DLC system to reject the scenario if the DLCs were not owned.

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
RadioLince
Squire
posted 05-18-17 11:45 PM CT (US)     132 / 142       
Enkeli mod was takedown again.

By the way he stolen work from Steam workshop
By user Carcoma.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=649806172&searchtext=
And here

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=12558

Enkeli plagiarism
http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-kings-medieval-warfare/images/muestra-civilizacione52#imagebox

And put illegally in Moddb
The version of the mod there is a pirate copy merged with the mod.

[This message has been edited by RadioLince (edited 05-19-2017 @ 00:12 AM).]

RadioLince
Squire
posted 07-24-17 10:02 PM CT (US)     133 / 142       
Now Enkeli is steal textures from Projrct Empires.
And he was kicked from this project because he even don't know the difference of low poly.

He call himself developer but don't know how developing for different platforms.
---

The youtubers guy Mayorcete said: "Be true or lie this doesn't concern us(he)".

Enkeli still portrait as victim. And we the community are greedy because we don't share the work with him.

"Me parece lamentable que la comunidad de moders en vez de apoyarse. Anden tirando creaciones ajenas solo porque copian parte del contenido."

-----
"I find it unfortunate that the community of moders rather support, still take down the creations from other, only because they copy part of the content".

---
Is really sad read this kind of comments.
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 07-25-17 11:29 AM CT (US)     134 / 142       
It's a shame he doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes.
RadioLince
Squire
posted 07-26-17 00:05 AM CT (US)     135 / 142       
The legion of Enkeli it's watchig.

Now they capture the topics right here.
I have a conversation with Project Empires lead.
He said:

"Alright, i also realize he steal some textures from us"

I have their Twitter. I contact with him. Thanks to Mayorcete.

Enkeli the problem isn't based your work in ancient assets, the problem is taking without authorization the hard work of guys like Carcoma or Jorgito in past and be a liar.

This your original, fine this are more like your style.

These are other styles they are based in a same source Egyptian architecture

They can be similar but the style an artist is very easy to identify.
Your Babylons building the same.

Enkeli why are not same quiality?
Easy because you don't have that experience, both are based in same style, but you need, learn more.

That's why Jorgito is part of Forgotten team, you don't.

More detailed, you are an amateur. If we compared you with talented guys.

Each artist have imagination to make their own version.

-You don't work for 0 A.D. Feneur in their forums said that.
In one Mayorcete's video you said that.

You are modder since 2012 in 0 A.D all project are developed by several guys even they have detail record of their work, each member, even in early stages, so you again are taking icon by them modify.

You take some icons from Rome total war 2. For your Android game.

The icons don't have relation, if you call your self graphic designer you don't know about graphic union between element, here we can see a rip off from distinct styles , don't have cohesion, don't have coherence.

Be graphic designer means have sense of art and a great knowledge.

You don't have idea about basic rules of design.

Now you are saying that, we aren't inventing things.

-Modify a work without authorization even claim as your is same as steal.

-Now you are a plannning spam your Pathreon, because your own audience/ don't want contribute.

-You are planning spamming Taringa, Reddit, other forums.

[This message has been edited by RadioLince (edited 07-26-2017 @ 00:14 AM).]

Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 07-26-17 07:12 AM CT (US)     136 / 142       
RadioLince, I understand your frustration with this situation. However, I do not believe that continuing to shame Enkeli in this thread will contribute to a solution. Any further discussion between Enkeli and yourself is probably better suited in a private chat instead of a public thread where he cannot respond.
RadioLince
Squire
posted 08-30-17 06:57 AM CT (US)     137 / 142       
He don't want discuss. He thinks is Center of universe.

The for Enkeli, is stop lying. Now I'm happy for him.
Now many of art incluided aren't stolen.

He is changing...but not at all.
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 09-17-17 10:57 PM CT (US)     138 / 142       
Someone might want to take a look at this author;

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137800193&searchtext=

Actually looks like this guy has just uploaded a bunch of AoKH RMS scripts from various authors. As well as graphics mods and random stuff.

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 09-17-2017 @ 11:00 PM).]

kud13
Squire
posted 12-16-17 12:17 PM CT (US)     139 / 142       
Hey Mashek, someone just uploaded "Blood of the Bear" as well as a few other Blacksmith works on the Workshop.

Did Apomind ask your permission for that?
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-13-18 01:47 PM CT (US)     140 / 142       
Great scot! Apomind has struck again, stealing multiple of the most venerated files on the blacksmith!

He has really done it this time

kud13
Squire
posted 03-15-18 11:19 AM CT (US)     141 / 142       
Maybe apomind is Hellknight's steam alias?
The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
(id: Great_Artiste)
posted 03-15-18 11:21 AM CT (US)     142 / 142       
Hellknight doesn't have Steam, at least he didn't have it when we last heard of him...

Co-creator and leader of Monsoon Studios

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

A drush is not a knockout punch; it is the first punch in a combo - Barbarossa
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames