You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1611 replies, Sticky
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The Designer's Tavern IV - Ask questions and discuss scenario design!
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Designer's Tavern IV - Ask questions and discuss scenario design!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 44 45 46  Next Page »
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 07-04-15 04:56 PM CT (US)         

Welcome to the Designer's Tavern! After switching owners twice before and undergoing some time-consuming renovations, the tavern is now in our capable hands. Who are we? That's a good question! We are HockeySam18 and Mr Wednesday, your benevolent oligarchs hosts! Established by SonicShadow in 2005, taken over by Matt LiVecchi in 2009, and passed on to Lord Basse in 2010, the tavern is a place for the SD&M community to sit down, relax and have a sip of an imaginary pint of ale. This is the place for general discussion on scenario design; talk about whatever you want as long as it's related to scenario design, downloads in the Blacksmith, and the like. If you want to say something totally unrelated to scenario design, the Town's Crier is a fine place to go to instead.

Seminars_on_Designing_and_Trigger Tricks

Have a new discovery you want to share with the world? A design trick, a good way to design a fortress, or a trigger system? Perhaps you feel the need to address what you think is a problem with designing? Contact us via email or post a reply with the article! It doesn't have to be something brand new, but it shouldn't be something of common knowledge either, like "A Guide on Painting Water on your Map" (though that can propagate some interesting discussion in of itself)! Write a paragraph or three, add a screenshot and send it off, and we'll make sure it gets up here.

Past seminars:

Designing a realistic forest, by HockeySam18

Current seminar:

Utilizing off-grid placement to its full potential, by Mr Wednesday

Off grid placement is the most powerful tool to come along since Data editing. I opened AoKTS three times when doing my PTC entry, compared to hundreds or thousands of times when doing The Quiet Dawn. While all the effects I used in Smile No More (and that screenshot) were technically possible before, the simple truth is no one would ever have done them. When covering the Asian monastery to get only the statue, I could select trees that had the exact shape as the outline of the statue (or close enough) and essentially just paint over the stuff I didn't want. To do that once with AoKTS would have taken probably a couple days. I did it in dozens of spots.

Designers haven't really picked up on the full power of this yet I don't think. AoK has always had a very limited set of graphics, and we use the closest approximation to represent everything we don't have.

Except now, people need to start thinking of all the graphics as just 2D images. If any part of a graphic can represent what you want, or any combination of parts, you can make it happen. In that screenshot, the obvious choice for a treehouse is the Outpost. The sea tower is the next thing you logically think of. But the best looking part might be the Archery range, which is a perfect example of using one quarter of a graphic or less, and essentially making the rest disappear.

The only thing that matters anymore is the front image essentially, which consists of whatever parts are showing from all the images.

I'd caution that 99% of this is depth perception, so watch the shadows, where the bases hit the terrain, etc. Make sure there isn't anything showing that breaks the illusions you are creating.

Playtesters and Other Requests:

Feel free to ask here, I will add your request to the topic post if it doesn't get fulfilled quickly. Go ahead and link your project thread as well if you like!

Help with AI Scripting for Custom Scenarios

For anyone struggling with AI scripting, this tool by Jan dc allows you to generate a competent AI tailored specifically to the needs of your custom scenario.

Current Projects and Screenshots:

We'd love to see screenshots and hear teasers from your current projects or whatever you've felt like working on. Feel free to post them and we'll start up a list below!

- Storm on the Steppe - by HockeySam18

- The Battle of Senc Tor - by Aristeides

- Wrath of the Traibs - by Possidon

- Aethelflaed Modification and Campaign - by Mash

- Paradise Lost Remastered - by Devastator

- Pirate's Treasure - by PresterJohn

- Barbarossa - the campaign - by Paul_TD

Tavern Staff:
Owners - HockeySam18 and Mr Wednesday
Patron and Resident Viking - Leif Ericson
President of the Board - Dead_End
Board Members - Popeychops and John the Late
Chef - Major Helper

"Hot" Barmaids:
Prester John
Miathemother

Menu:
Steak and ale pie
Rack of lamb
Grilled venison
Roasted iron boar
Spam
Vegetable medley

Drinks:
Glass of wine
Pint of ale
Bucket of ale
Tub of mead
Cider
Tea
Coffee
Guarana

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1

[This message has been edited by HockeySam18 (edited 07-27-2017 @ 08:49 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
rewaider
Squire
posted 09-01-18 11:39 AM CT (US)     1576 / 1611       
It seems like the timer conditions in the triggers with chance conditions are not resetting after being activated\deactivated;they start instant firing without any regard for the timer delay I place on them.
Do they have a "desactivate trigger" (itself) effect at the end of them (instead of in the next trigger)? This usually solves this issue. I've always done it this way and have never had any problems related (except for a few exceptions due to HD bugs, but whatever).
If it still happens, then you could just create a separated trigger with just the timer, activate the next one and then desactivate itself.
Unfortunately I need to call a number between 1 and 15;
For 15 different numbers it should be quite a pain indeed. I don't even know if it's possible through triggers... Unless you're ok with a "not-so-accurate" randomizer (using the decreasing percentages method).

Besides the AI randomizer, you can also try to use the "transport ship" trick if it all goes to sh*t. It seems to be pretty reliable, since it's used in literally every RNG based MP map out there (Roll The Dice and such).

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 09-01-2018 @ 11:43 AM).]

Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 09-01-18 11:57 AM CT (US)     1577 / 1611       
Do they have a "desactivate trigger" (itself) effect at the end of them (instead of in the next trigger)? This usually solves this issue.
I will try this for sure. I was using a single trigger which deactivated every single chance trigger.

This system below can produce a 1-12 random number already, the only issue being it sometimes calls two numbers simultaneously.

EDIT; added an effect to deactivate themselves, same deal with triggers eventually firing simultaneously. Will have to try implementing my physical timer idea;a hussar assigned to move between points and instead of timers, detect object triggers required to fire the chance triggers too. This way some actual time must have elapsed as the unit moves.

Each broken road has an 8% chance of having a palisade appear, and if no palisade appears we run the system again until one does. This seems to produce a very even distribution of numbers, but I didn't collect hard data. It doesn't need to be perfect, anyway, just similar to random. This is just what I described above with the 50-50 scenario expanded in size.

Its also important that I be able to add or remove numbers at any time from the list of possibilities. Now I dont want 3,7 or 9 as possible outcomes, or now I want to add 9 but remove 11. I can block these outcomes by putting down or removing a stone wall or something via other triggers elsewhere, and then that number will simply never be called up because a palisade couldnt appear on that tile.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel

[This message has been edited by Kataphraktoi (edited 09-01-2018 @ 12:24 PM).]

rewaider
Squire
posted 09-02-18 12:14 PM CT (US)     1578 / 1611       
About the physical timer: I would use flag A's as a measure of time. They work pretty great, since you can overlap them indefinitely, reset the counter at will and detect exactly how many there are at any time. To initiate the counter just activate a looping trigger with a 1s timer and a create flag a effect, to end it, just desactivate the trigger and remove the flags altogheter. Flag objects are also pretty useful for creating actual flags in game - eg. did the player chose to buy x item? create/change ownership (flag). etc.

About the timer issue: Well, then this must be one of those exceptions... I dont know exactly what cause it to happen, but it seems to be related to various timers using low numbers in a row or something.... idk. Time based loops usually work pretty flawlessly in *most* situations afaik (yeah, this problem happened in some of my scenarios too, though I managed to solve them with redundant 'flag' based switches to halt the triggers).

Since you'r creating so many different outcomes, then I'd strongly advise you to NOT use the random number condition. Since its not possible to input decimal numbers in AOK (they would be needed for the decreasing percentages workaround most likely).
Both the AI randomizer and the transport ship's are the most reliable sources of RNG I know. Even though they can get quite clunky in large scales (transport ships' can take a lot of space and the AI's requires you to add some resource to x player to be detectable through triggers)

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 09-03-2018 @ 04:54 AM).]

Skadrel
Squire
posted 09-03-18 05:26 PM CT (US)     1579 / 1611       
Hi all. I have a simple question.

I plan to arrange a pitched battle with a few friends. It's going to work very much like Warhammer in that we all buy our armies for points using a "total resources" system like Spirit of the Law. For example, a Skirmisher costs 35 wood and 25 food, meaning it'll cost a total of 60 points. Each player starts out with a number of allotted resources, and then we build our armies and duke it out on a Tiny custom map. Players will also be able to buy Blacksmith and University upgrades and similar for these points.

However, the issue is that I'd prefer letting players have access to both regular and Elite Skirmishers for example. I like the aesthetics of mixed armies similar to the Total War series. This means that ideally a normal Skirmisher could cost 60 resources, and then an Elite would cost 85 or whatever is balanced. However, I have no clue what upgraded units would then cost. Is there a good resource somewhere that compares "effective" unit value, how much more resources an Elite Skirmisher is worth than a normal one? I figure that maybe people have used some form of guesswork when balancing scenarios. This is why I wanted to ask.

EDIT: Also, I'm well aware that the above system won't inherently be balanced due to how much more effective gold units are. I will probably have gold be worth more than food and wood in the final scenario. I just wondered whether people had an idea about how to do this.

[This message has been edited by Skadrel (edited 09-03-2018 @ 05:31 PM).]

Julius999
Imposter
posted 09-03-18 06:01 PM CT (US)     1580 / 1611       
There is inherent difficulty in balancing differently upgraded units of the same kind too. The idea of upgrading is that the player expends a one-off investment in order to have better units (but for the same marginal cost per unit). Therefore, the value of that expenditure obviously depends on how many of the upgraded version of the unit that the player has.

I am by no means an expert player, but I would suggest as a starting point a rough rule of thumb as having the additional cost of an upgraded unit as being [(0.05*(resource cost of upgrade)) + unupgraded resource cost].

That is based on the premise that upgrading is good value if you have ~20 units of that kind.

I am presuming that it is better to err on the side of incentivising upgraded units, to avoid spamming cheap units being obviously the best strategy.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 09-03-2018 @ 07:16 PM).]

Skadrel
Squire
posted 09-03-18 07:14 PM CT (US)     1581 / 1611       
Thanks! Especially for the expedient answer. I played around in Scenario Editor going with a flat "unit size" so to say (ie, set size regiments), and it's simply not something I have time for. It's a casual scenario I'm going to play with my friends for fun anyways, so I think I should just go with your math.

That said, you mean [(1.05^(resource cost of upgrade)) + unupgraded resource cost], right? Or do you mean [0.05*(resource cost of upgrade)) + unupgraded resource cost]?

[This message has been edited by Skadrel (edited 09-03-2018 @ 07:17 PM).]

Julius999
Imposter
posted 09-03-18 07:16 PM CT (US)     1582 / 1611       
I mistyped. I meant multiply rather than an exponent!

Skadrel
Squire
posted 09-03-18 07:17 PM CT (US)     1583 / 1611       
Great! I'll just try out that ^^
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 09-13-18 10:00 PM CT (US)     1584 / 1611       
Since you'r creating so many different outcomes, then I'd strongly advise you to NOT use the random number condition. Since its not possible to input decimal numbers in AOK (they would be needed for the decreasing percentages workaround most likely).
Both the AI randomizer and the transport ship's are the most reliable sources of RNG I know. Even though they can get quite clunky in large scales (transport ships' can take a lot of space and the AI's requires you to add some resource to x player to be detectable through triggers)
I actually got this system working as described, even though the outcomes are not perfectly random. No time for a detailed post looking into this at the moment though.

@Anyone from this forum I am in email conversation with, my internet went out AGAIN and the fixit date got pushed back to monday here. g

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
BF_Tanks
Squire
posted 09-14-18 07:48 AM CT (US)     1585 / 1611       
If you're looking for an understanding on the Chance condition;

I'm not entirely sure on the exact values, but I believe it's "rolling" for a number between 0 and 100, and if it's below the value you put in the trigger then it "passes", otherwise it "fails". It will do this every time the trigger list is checked (So every 1 "Tic" (One Game Second)) until the roll passes. When the roll passes, the trigger does the effects and deactivates (unless it's set to looping, in which case it stays active).

The problem with this trigger is that it's not straight forward to just set it to only roll once. It'll keep rolling every tic until it's passed, so you have to set up a couple additional triggers.

Firstly you will have the activator, You'll activate this trigger every time you want to roll your chance. This will activate the next two triggers;

The Chance trigger itself, where you do whatever you want for your chance,

followed by the Deactivator, which will immediately deactivate the above chance trigger. Don't use timers on either of these, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

As soon as you introduce a Timer (which has a minimum time of 1 tic AFAIK), you're creating a gap where the Chance condition can re-roll itself, as the list of active triggers is checked every tic -- Your Chance trigger will be checked before the deactivator is checked, every time. So, obviously, the Chance gets checked at least twice if you have a Timer on the deactivator.

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010

[This message has been edited by BF_Tanks (edited 09-14-2018 @ 07:49 AM).]

Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 09-15-18 11:14 AM CT (US)     1586 / 1611       
Actually a chance condition with a negative percentage is a one time check already, I think scripter mentioned this somewhere

Bassi
Squire
posted 09-15-18 11:58 AM CT (US)     1587 / 1611       
If you need a random event that not needs to be repeated several times, there is a cool AI solution for that.

My AoC Workshop
Make Build & Destroy great again!
BF_Tanks
Squire
posted 09-17-18 12:26 PM CT (US)     1588 / 1611       
Is that for UserPatch specifically or HD as well?

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
Bassi
Squire
posted 09-18-18 04:40 AM CT (US)     1589 / 1611       
Works fine in HD!

Here is an example. That construction is used in one of my upcoming scenarios to place a relic. To make the scn more interesting, the relic can spawn in three different locations:

; === RELIC ===

(defrule
(true)
=>
(generate-random-number 100)
(disable-self)
)

;Position 1
(defrule
(random-number < 33)
=>
(set-signal 71)
(disable-self)
)

;Position 2
(defrule
(random-number >= 33)
(random-number < 66)
=>
(set-signal 72)
(disable-self)
)

;Position 3
(defrule
(random-number >= 66)
=>
(set-signal 73)
(disable-self)
)

My AoC Workshop
Make Build & Destroy great again!
Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 12-10-18 02:37 AM CT (US)     1590 / 1611       
I'm curious to know if anyone has ever thought of ways to blow up bridges using triggers in the editor? I have one idea in mind to protect a watch tower, but if that is destroyed the bridge blows up by way of: remove bridges, create macaws and kill, play sound "explosion" and create ruined bridge ends. Kind of feels clunky but it works. The only problem here is that I can't seem to take a transport boat over the shallows left over by the bridge middle pieces.

[This message has been edited by Mash (edited 12-10-2018 @ 02:54 AM).]

rewaider
Squire
posted 12-10-18 06:08 AM CT (US)     1591 / 1611       
I've seen plenty of MP scenarios doing this in similar ways, and afaik, you gotta use the top/bottom bridge in the middle in order to make it walkable for ships (not sure tho).
If that doesn't works, then you can simply remove the terrain restrictions via UP-EFFECT for every type ship that you own (removing the 'fake water' that spawns beneath the bridges from the list).

My Blacksmith
Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 12-10-18 03:11 PM CT (US)     1592 / 1611       
Thanks for the reply, Cata! I will play around with the editor some more and see if I can't tweak the effect here a bit or even remove the bridge water restrictions using UP.
Julius999
Imposter
posted 12-12-18 05:37 PM CT (US)     1593 / 1611       
Try it with the bridge middle pieces not being there in the editor but instead being placed by triggers at the start of the scenario.

Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 12-13-18 02:03 AM CT (US)     1594 / 1611       
I've done it at some point in one of my cinematic scenarios. I don't remember how I solved the shallows problem though (in fact I don't even recall having it)
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 12-13-18 03:39 AM CT (US)     1595 / 1611       
Try it with the bridge middle pieces not being there in the editor but instead being placed by triggers at the start of the scenario.
This, although be advised that ships will be able to sail on top of the bridge before it is destroyed unless you create a barrier with invisible cliffs to prevent this from occurring. Additionally, units will be unable to walk on the bridge, even before it is destroyed.

An alternative solution is to do the same as Julius suggests, but with one minor alteration: to draw shallows terrain on the tiles where the bridges would be created. Since the bridges have been created by triggers during the game, the terrain beneath them will remain technically shallows even if the aesthetic of it changes to bridge water. This still comes with the pitfall of ships being able to sail over the bridge if there is no sort of barrier preventing this, but it allows units to walk over the bridge while it is still intact (but they will be blocked from doing so by the broken bridge pieces once the bridge is destroyed.

Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 12-13-18 11:05 AM CT (US)     1596 / 1611       
You could use UP transform\upgrade effects to do this with no terrain changes at any point but that has some downsides too like the bridges not being walkable unless its shallows

oliver
Squire
posted 01-12-19 06:39 AM CT (US)     1597 / 1611       
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to capture and edit a movie version of Legends of Chila, and would like to know if there's any way to "mod away" the sound that's played every time the display instructions effect is used. If there's no way, I might be able to go about it by adding the sound fx in my video editing software, but it'd be a tad hard to add the in game sounds such as burning buildings and dying people (morbid, I know).

In any case, I always wanted Chila to run without the dialogue sound, but IIRC it was not possible when I made it. Has there been any development in the last 12 years?

Thanks.
oliver
Squire
posted 01-12-19 06:38 PM CT (US)     1598 / 1611       
Solved it myself.

New question: is there a fix yet for the dislocation of shadows from objects such as trees if there's a consecutive change view effect in place on UserPatch?
oliver
Squire
posted 01-12-19 08:40 PM CT (US)     1599 / 1611       
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13KI4KbG3vLHlZn-i_f-FfG8J5JfrHrzl/view?usp=sharing

Apart from the change view bug, I think this is the version I like the most. When Legends of Chila was made, I hadn't got into modding media files yet, but I always wanted to get rid of the interface. Turns out the 1024x768 display resolution, when cropped to the actual game window, is almost 16:9. Fits well on a widescreen, in other words. Quality is so-so on larger screens, sorry bout that.

Nice trip down memory lane for me.
Basse
Squire
posted 01-13-19 08:06 AM CT (US)     1600 / 1611       
How did you solve the message sound problem? It sure makes for a great cinematic effect with it gone! Replacing the sound-file with a silent sound?
scripter64
Wolved
posted 01-13-19 11:55 AM CT (US)     1601 / 1611       
There were fixes made for the shadow delinking issue in UP v1.5. Have you tested with the latest version, oliver? I just watched Legends of Chila on latest and didn't see the shadow delinking that is very apparent at around 3:10 in your video. Hopefully, it works ok for you, as well. This is a beautiful scenario/cutscene, by the way

You can find the latest here: http://userpatch.aiscripters.net/download/1.5 (UserPatch.v1.5.20190101-000000 build 6260)

[This message has been edited by scripter64 (edited 01-13-2019 @ 01:11 PM).]

oliver
Squire
posted 01-13-19 07:17 PM CT (US)     1602 / 1611       
@Scripter64
Thanks! Works like a charm.

@Basse
Exactly what you described. Used Turtle Pack to replace the dialogue sound in interfac.drs with an empty wav file.

I also mistakenly ran the scenario on a modded .dat file, so some graphics were off and siege onagers fired like trebuchets. Not what I intended.
TIEdup14
Squire
posted 02-04-19 00:14 AM CT (US)     1603 / 1611       
Hi all, just a few quick questions:

1) Is there a limit to Gaia objects in a particular area? Sometimes I notice some objects disappear after I test a scenario in the editor.

2) Is there a playtesting thread I can post cutscenes/scenarios before I publish?

3) Can I PM an admin or moderator for a forum name change?

4) Is Trigger Studio viable for the latest HD AOE 2 version? I'm still doing everything the old school way without it, but it seems like it could be useful (especially for dialogue trigger repeats!!!)
rewaider
Squire
posted 02-04-19 08:14 AM CT (US)     1604 / 1611       
1. Certain objects (like stumps, graves and such) tend to disappear after playtesting the scenario. I suppose it's a bug, and happens both in UP AOK and HD edition - though it happens a lot more often in HD, cause they somehow managed to made the issue worse (and most of the times it's completely random, while in UP the objects only tend to disappear when above cliffs and certain unusual places/clogged up in specific manners and/or areas of the map).
The actual "hard" limit for 1 tile should be something around 200, 300, which creates the famous "invisible tile" trick.

2. You can just make a thread for your project and then paste the download link in there when its ready.

3. It requires an specific amount of reviews from you (afaik) - to get a title**. Theres also a "name change" day or something similar.

4. Yeah. Well, at least it was working pretty well in the version I was using it with (like 5 months ago).

My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 02-04-2019 @ 08:16 AM).]

Possidon
Slayer
posted 02-10-19 08:53 AM CT (US)     1605 / 1611       
I've been told there is a way to increase a units LOS in userpatch using triggers. Could someone please explain to me how to do this simply?
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 02-10-19 10:36 AM CT (US)     1606 / 1611       
Check this thread.

Sir Twi
Squire
posted 03-13-19 04:41 PM CT (US)     1607 / 1611       
Edit - sorry wrong topic.

The Crystal Shards - A massive free-roam RPG

[This message has been edited by Sir Twi (edited 03-13-2019 @ 04:41 PM).]

GL252
Squire
posted 04-22-19 04:06 PM CT (US)     1608 / 1611       
Some more cool random tricks I found (I dubbed it the Monk Machine):

A) Random Monk Machine - Healing version (image above)

Setup:
- Get some monks in a fixed position
- Patrol or task allied units within the lanes
- Damage your patrolling units in intervals
- Have random monks healing your units, the random condition is the monk having your damaged unit as healing target (has target).
Controls and adding Noise
- You can tweak unit speed (or increment it until maxed)
- You can set monks at different distances
- You can make the pathing more complex
- You can have a feedback mechanism like 'if monk A has target Unit, decrease unit speed' or 'if monk C has target Unit, pause trigger{Damage units}' for added randomness or complexity.
- The chance and timer conditions for added randomness.

Another version I prefer...

B) Random Monk Machine - Conversion version (image above)
Setup:
- Similar to v1 above, but...
- You can make it a 1 by 2 'on/off' or as big (-4 rows and columns of tiles) as the Ludakris map itself.
- You can involve 2-8 players or AI in this conversion machine.
- Use Chance, Timer or both, even compound chance (more noise) to make the 'conversion table' less uniform and make the patrolling more distributed and random.
- You can use a variety of conditions to activate your random trigger:
i) Where the unit lands during conversion (unit in area)
ii) when monk x has target
iii) using trigger studio, conversion stats (tribute to gaia)
iv) you can subdivide the areas, for example:

--- red square: trigger C
----- green square: sub-trigger C-a
------- yellow square: sub-sub-trigger C-a-c
--------- white square: sub-sub-sub-trigger C-a-c-a
This would make a decision making tree thing-a-majig.

Did I mention the Turing completeness of the AoE II scenario editor yet?

Anyway, have a great one!

Check me out on Steam: GL252 I'm very slowly building a scenario and eyecandy map portfolio.
SafeKeeper
Squire
posted 09-20-19 07:27 AM CT (US)     1609 / 1611       
Simple question, been away from AoK for years: what are the different colours for messages in the Display Instructions effect (For example, < RED > yields red text)? I can't seem to figure out how to get teal/cyan messages.

[This message has been edited by SafeKeeper (edited 09-20-2019 @ 07:28 AM).]

Basse
Squire
posted 09-20-19 08:29 AM CT (US)     1610 / 1611       
<AQUA> is the teal one

BLUE, RED, GREEN, YELLOW, AQUA, PURPLE, GREY, ORANGE for p1-p8 respectively

[This message has been edited by Basse (edited 09-20-2019 @ 08:36 AM).]

SafeKeeper
Squire
posted 09-20-19 09:46 AM CT (US)     1611 / 1611       
Much appreciated .
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 44 45 46  Next Page »