You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.945 replies, Sticky
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Review Requests, Guidelines, and Tutorials
Bottom
Topic Subject:Review Requests, Guidelines, and Tutorials
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27  Next Page »
Possidon
Slayer
posted 08-03-15 03:51 PM CT (US)         

Welcome to The Exchequer!

This is a place for forummers to exchange comments, reviews and critique for files which they have downloaded and played. Here you can request reviews for your files, talk about file's you've recently downloaded and learn about how to write reviews and the rewards that come with it. Anybody can write a review for a requested file, you don't have to have any special requirements. It's not just for official reviewers.

WHY SHOULD I WRITE REVIEWS?

There are great things about writing reviews. Reviews are very useful for the file uploaders because it shows them what other people think about their files. It allows them to see what is good and bad about their files, and the reviews also offer constructive criticism that will include suggestions on how to improve the file in a future update. Reviews are also helpful for downloaders because it gives the downloader an idea of what to expect when they download the file.

Rewards
When a reviewer reaches a certain milestone they may earn rewards for their achievements:

• 10 reviews: the ability to choose a custom title for your forum profile.
  • 25 reviews: become eligible to receive Official Reviewer status, and the denotation as such in one's Blacksmith profile.
  • Every subsequent 10 reviews (e.g. upon reaching 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 etc), the ability to choose a new custom title for forum profile.

• BECOMING AN OFFICIAL REVIEWER

Once a forummer has written 25 approved reviews they are eligible to become an Official Reviewer, although this is not guaranteed and may require further improvement on the reviewer's behalf. Official reviewers should be the most dedicated reviewers, writing detailed and constructive reviews that help improve the files they review. All reviews that are rated 4.0 or above by official reviewers will appear in The Blacksmith's Best Files list. Requests to become an official reviewer should be sent via email to HockeySam.

OFFICIAL REVIEWERS
    (In order of number of reviews)

Possidon (293), Tanneur99 (229), Cataphract887 (197), Lord Basse (130), Mashek (125), HockeySam18 (89), BrandNewCar (91), Jatayu (84), Panel (76), Popeychops (68), CerberusXXL (36), Angel Jerusalem (34), Devestator (34), Stephen Richards (31), Julius999 (33), RoboPaul88 (26), DTrungle (25), RF_Gandalf (24), Angel Rasher (23), Angel Park (22), The Downward Spiral (22), Mr Wednesday (22), AnastasiaKafka (20), Cherub Lobby (20), Berserker Jerker (18), Mayank Sharma (12), Dark_Warrior_1_ (11), Ingo van Thiel (8), Matei (7), Cat (6), Gordon Farrell (5), Angel SpineMan (4), Cherub thurdl01 (2)

REVIEW REQUESTS LIST

The list below consists of a number of requests and/or downloads recently reviewed. Requests are marked R and updates U. Anybody is free to review whichever file they want, but should be aware that the designers at the top of each list are waiting the longest for a review. Files that have received a review in the time of request in this thread will be removed from the list unless a second opinion is requested.

Cinematic Scenarios:

Showcase Scenarios:

Single Player:
    R Alba gu Brath, by Possidon: No Reviewer
    R Cavern Pirates 2 - Captains Revenge, by Rewaider; No reviewer
    A Small Adventure, by puente123456; Reveiwer: DustAvalon 4.4

Multiplayer:
    Galderton Hill RP, by HockeySam18; Reviewer: Possidon 5.0
    U Da Prey - Escape the Forest, by KakiharaBeast; Reviewer: Possidon 4.2
    Serva RP, by Gpyane31; Reviewer: Possidon: 4.4

Mod Packs:
    Cavalry of Asia,by leong_winglam; Reviewer: Possidon 4.8

Utilities:
    R Custom Icons Pack, by Possidon

AI Files:

Random Maps:

Recorded Games:

FILE UPDATES AND OBSELETE REVIEWS

Please edit your review after an update. A designer can ask for the removal of all reviews after an update if he feels that they do not represent the actual version of his submission. Reviews that address issues that are fixed, altered or ameliorated do not serve the visitors of our site. A review has to be a valuable tool for the designer and the downloader.

RECENT UPDATES/ REVIEWS TO EDIT
    (In order of date of the update)

Please read the REVIEW GUIDELINES

Without trying to enforce the Review Guidelines as something as law, they are still a very important part of the review system here at Age of Kings Heaven, and are used to create consistency between reviewers at the Blacksmith in order to establish fairness and equality for reviews. With the Review Guidelines’ recent update all reviewers need to take into account the new addition of rules when reviewing. However, Angel SpineMan’s primary objective for reviewing in the Old Guidelines still applies today:

“This article will provide a description of how to write quality reviews for Age of Kings Heaven that are scored consistently between reviewers and are helpful to both the file's creator as well as the potential downloader.”

In some cases, a small percentage of reviewers tend to review files according to their own rules, leading to inconsistency between reviews at the Blacksmith, which is neither helpful nor fair to anyone. To have reviews at the Blacksmith that are fair and helpful, reviewers have to follow some rules to score consistently.

If you have any questions about reviewing, please do not hesitate to post in this thread!

Single Player Campaigns and Scenarios

There are many invaluable lessons to learn when becoming a good reviewer, and a few other things besides that will result in a good and fair review. Some things are self-evident when reviewing a file; in general, do not review game styles you do not enjoy and review files according to the date of its release. There are many files back in 2000-2002 that received a score of a high 4, which would not fit the standards of today. You have to take into account the standards of the day, and rate accordingly. In addition, if the scenario is designed for original Age of Kings, review it playing AoK.

Below you will find a general breakdown of each category from a review for your convenience.

PLAYABILITY is about the fun you had while playing a scenario, and here you need to mention what affected your enjoyment in a positive and/or negative way.

BALANCE is about how easy or difficult a scenario was for you. You should mention which difficulty you played on when reviewing, although this is not mandatory. A good approach to reviewing a file would be to start with moderate and later change to standard, to see if the scenario was too easy or too hard or well-balanced overall; before ending off with hard difficulty. However, reviewers will need to take into account that not all files are difficulty-level-dynamic. In general, remember that you are rating the file according to your own skill level and not that of others.

CREATIVITY covers every aspect of a scenario. Remember that a file does not need anything new to achieve a high score.

MAP DESIGN scores compared to a random map which rates 2.0. Anything worse or better than a random map may be rated up or down accordingly. Some tips for rating this category is that you rate what you see during game play, which means no Marco and Polo. The map size and how much of the map was used should not affect the rating.

STORY/INSTRUCTIONS is a little more interesting than some. Probably the most common detail reviewers tend to overlook is that this category covers two aspects of any scenario, story and instructions. Not just one or the other. If the file is lacking in one then you can make note of that in the review and mark down accordingly. However, this does not pertain to multiplayer scenarios, whereby a story is not mandatory. In general, the presence of a functional story (while not necessarily being a good story) with instructions should be midpoint, a 3. From there you should be able to give an accurate overall rating for this category.

Non-Playable Scenarios

For files such as those where playability is void and map design is the only feature of the file (e.g. entries to the Totally-Terrain Contest), the category should therefore be used to take a look at the technical and creative qualities of the map design, while referring to how that design pushes the boundaries of realism in an AOK environment. One particular thing to note here is that just because the file is all about pretty map design, that doesn’t mean it cannot feature any creative features that might breathe life into the design, such as towns brought to life by wandering villagers, people going about their everyday lives, and other unique devices besides. Basically, anything that goes into making the map more alive and as such realistic should be taken into consideration. As the file will likely feature little anything else other than map design, a single overall rating between 1 and 5 will be fine.

Scenarios without Fighting

An exception to the balance category is when the author of a particular file did not intend any fighting, or very little of, to feature in the scenario. From the review guidelines:

One important note about scoring the balance category for scenarios is that where no fighting takes place, such as some puzzle scenarios and some RPG-style scenarios, is that just because the player cannot die in such scenarios, that doesn't mean the scenario isn't balanced. Difficulty can also be present via puzzles or other devices, and the balance of these should be taken into account.

For files such as the Pretty Town Contest entries whereby there is a great degree of walking and nothing else much, reviewers should therefore take into account the author’s intention. If it was intended that you walk around and gaze at the beauty and wonder of a landscape, then you need to rate on that account.

Rating Cut-scene Style Scenarios

Cut-scenes rate like any other scenario, the defining factor being that most cut-scenes do not allow any interaction for the player, requiring only that the player sits down and watches. One thing to note is the change of the category BALANCE to PACING, which primarily denotes the flow of the cut-scene. Well timed sequences with good flow should score strongly here, while cut-scenes with little structure or planning, sound effects appearing out of sync and the like, should score poorly.

Modification Pack Script

A Modification Pack Script (MPS) is mainly an item for the player, which has a limited use for designers; the content will not always suit a designer’s endeavours in scenario design and is very limited to its audience. Keep this in mind when you rate mod pack scripts for USEFULNESS/NOVELTY and QUALITY/INSTRUCTIONS. The main categories are USEFULNESS and QUALITY for the overall rating of a MPS. Use NOVELTY and INSTRUCTIONS to correct the category rating. Still, for a perfect rating the MPS has to excel in all four categories.

Utilities

There is no official guideline for reviewing utilities, but for some ideas you can go here. A utility is a tool for the designer and has hardly any use for the player; keep this in mind when you rate utilities for USEFULNESS/NOVELTY and QUALITY/INSTRUCTIONS. Often you cannot rate the novelty factor because the file is another eye candy map of Lord of the Rings, a Volcano, Waterfall, Trigger Guide, Tutorial or collection of battle sounds. In other words, nothing new. Originally the fifth category was Creativity but this was too close to Novelty, better to have the two rated together if possible. When you feel Novelty does not apply, you can replace it with Creativity. The four categories are of equal importance for the overall rating of a utility.

Random Map Script

Review Thread History

Luke Gevaerts started the Review Request Thread 03/30/2002. Tanneur took over 11/30/2002 until 7/11/2009. Mashek then hosted the thread until 05/19/2012, when it was taken over by Panel until about 01/10/14. After Panel stepped down as staff, it was left alone for about 6 months without being updated until Possidon took over the thread where it was completely revamped and turned into The Exchequer.

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 04-19-2020 @ 09:19 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
    Mr Wednesday
    Cavalier
    (id: matty12345)
    posted 12-20-19 09:59 PM CT (US)     911 / 945       
    And done.

The ghosts of Tanneur and Angel Spineman will perhaps look on me harshly and haunt my dreams, for I have pushed the boundaries of an official reviewer's liberties to the extreme. I think it was the right choice though, as these scenarios both already have technical, point by point reviews from two excellent reviewers in Cataphract and Hockeysam, and my review would have been rather superfluous otherwise.

A shame these entries were made in the twilight of AoKH, as they would have been something of a phenomenon a decade ago.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
    Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 12-21-19 02:26 AM CT (US)     912 / 945       
    I think I made Tanner turn in his grave when I overtook his record review count last year :P
    Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 12-21-19 06:19 PM CT (US)     913 / 945       
    Been doing a bit more playing and downloading of some older files recently and have written two new reviews and I am expecting to write a few more over the next few days.

Firstly I have reviewed Zetnus’ Castle Rush Michi RMS giving it a score of 4.0

Secondly I have reviewed Winterland and older file from 2000 giving it a rating of 3.8
    Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 12-23-19 01:18 PM CT (US)     914 / 945       
    A couple more reviews today

AbeJin's European Tavern - Rated 5.0
    Achesun's Dornishman - Rated 4.5
    The City by Bultro - Rated 4.3
    KakiharaBeast's U Da Prey - Escape the Forest - Rated 4.2

Planning on reviewing Serva RP next as it's a classic multiplayer scenario that inspired some of the best RPs in the Blacksmith and has never been rated before.
    Kataphraktoi
    Squire
    posted 12-26-19 05:08 PM CT (US)     915 / 945       
    The ghosts of Tanneur and Angel Spineman will perhaps look on me harshly and haunt my dreams, for I have pushed the boundaries of an official reviewer's liberties to the extreme. I think it was the right choice though, as these scenarios both already have technical, point by point reviews from two excellent reviewers in Cataphract and Hockeysam, and my review would have been rather superfluous otherwise.
    I quite like those reviews you left even if I dont quite agree with every sentiment 100%. They might be lacking on their own, but they dont exist in a vacuum...there were plenty of other reviews as you said. Providing a different and interesting perspective is more valuable than conforming to the review guidelines strictly.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
    Devious Dev
    Official Professional Qualified Noob
    (id: dragonslayermcmx)
    posted 01-10-20 05:11 PM CT (US)     916 / 945       
    I have reviewed Wrath of the Traibs with a 3.0. A bit of a harsher score than probably me and author were both hoping for, but I hope the criticism is perceived as constructive and helpful to you, Possidon, as you continue with your Dystonian Saga projects
    Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 01-11-20 06:41 AM CT (US)     917 / 945       
    I really appreciate your review Devastator, even though I do feel as though it is a bit too harsh, there are much easier scenarios than mine that have scored higher points in Balance, especially when some of my playtesters said they'd rate it in the high 4.5-5.0 when I finally uploaded it.

I will take on your comments and try to edit the map. I think a huge downside to the scenario was the timescale it took me to work on it, and therefore in my desperate attempt to upload it, it wasn't fully polished. It also made it difficult to edit certain parts as the trigger work is a complete mess. The majority of the story was written back in like 2010 when I was only about 14, so it’s obviously not the best writing. I have added a great deal of backstory since then and weaves into the scenario but I never changed the main storyline which is probably why it seems a little under developed. I’m might try and address this too.

I'll definatly find some time to work on your detail review and update the file. Would you be willing to update your review when that happens?

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 01-11-2020 @ 07:50 AM).]

Devious Dev
    Official Professional Qualified Noob
    (id: dragonslayermcmx)
    posted 01-11-20 08:10 AM CT (US)     918 / 945       
    Of course! Also feel free to contact me if you need testing or more specific feedback.

As for the balance, even extremely easy scenarios tend to have late-game areas that are too difficult to complete until the player has built up his strength, or some attempts at forcing the player to take a thoughtful approach to certain situations. This can be done in as little a thing as giving enemy unit types more varied stats. For example: if ranged units have an extremely high damage output but low health, the player would be forced to take those out as quickly as possible, and by extension, evaluating his approach instead of just walking into an enemy camp.

As it stands, I can remember maybe two encounters in the role playing sections that couldn't be won by letting the hero auto attack anything nearby, as long as I followed the regular upgrade curve.

In all fairness, the knight duel is an example of an attempt being made. If you go straight to the camp without collecting any upgrades, the fight will be a close call that can only be won by using the high ground. An easy way to make this persist could be to upgrade the knight along with the hero.

After some reflection, I have updated the balance score to a 2 for now. Also added notes on a few things that eluded me yesterday.
    Lord Basse
    MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
    posted 01-11-20 12:41 PM CT (US)     919 / 945       
    I think I'll wait with playing it until the update then, so that I can give a review on the final product.

__[]_________
    |||||||||||||||||
    The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
    OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
    ______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
    The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
    Lord Basse
    posted 01-18-20 08:31 AM CT (US)     920 / 945       
    Thanks for the review on my old mod, Possidon! I am a bit confused whether it's meant to be a 4.5 or a 5.0, since the score and the text of the review don't match, though!

__[]_________
    |||||||||||||||||
    ______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
    The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
    Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 01-18-20 09:01 AM CT (US)     921 / 945       
    I think it was a typo, 4.5 was what I had intended. I’ll edit that for you now. I’ve been going through a bunch of old mods lately and I’m on a bit of a reviewing spree.
    Filthydelphia
    Squire
    (id: Al_Kharn the Great)
    posted 01-28-20 01:42 PM CT (US)     922 / 945       
    Thanks for adding reviews, Possidon, even for Last Neanderthal (which feels so ancient now!). Since you enjoyed my weird little scenario A Curious Incident at the Abbey, maybe I should release that for Definitive Edition so more people can check it out. Thanks again!

Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 01-29-20 10:49 AM CT (US)     923 / 945       
    No worries. I'm actually thinking of writing a feature on the Abbey minigame as I feel it's been missed by many. My passion is reviewing and since I recently downloaded the HD version for the first time in over a year I thought why not check out one of the best designers of HD and those two caught my eye the most.

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 01-29-2020 @ 10:50 AM).]

Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 01-29-20 03:06 PM CT (US)     924 / 945       
    So I've updated this thread with all the most recent reviews.

I've also removed all of the old requests, see below, as many have been there for years. If you still want a review for any of them please post and I'll pop them back up.

Single Player
    R Cavern Pirates - Captain's Revenge, by rewaider; No Reviewer
    R Project: Just Juice, by Lil_Lebowski; No Reviewer
    R DOOM, by HELLKNIGHT61; No Reviewer
    R Wrath of the Traibs, by Possidon; No Reviewer

Multiplayer:
    R Ardar Diplomacy, by croatianboss; No reviewer
    R The Lord of the Rings, by croatianboss; No reviewer

Mod Packs:
    R Wheel of Time: End of the Third Age - Beta, by Seonid; Reviewer: Mashek
    R Realism Mod v1.12 - 250 pop limit, unit/tech edits, by Keisari Tapsa; No Reviewer
    R Still in the Dark Age, by Mr Mew; No reviewer
    R Hero Expansion Redux, by Possidon; No Reviewer'
    R Tower of London, by Pepp; No Reviewer
    R Avignon Palace, by Pepp; No Reviewer
    R Duomo di Siena, by Pepp; No Reviewer
    R Borderland Empires, by Khan Ivayl; No Reviewer

Utilities:
    R Notepad++ AI Editor, by beladar; No Reviewer

I'm planning on giving this thread a complete overhaul. If you have any ideas or suggestions please post your comments here. Ill update you wiht my ideas soon.
    rewaider
    Squire
    posted 01-29-20 04:12 PM CT (US)     925 / 945       
    I'd like to "re-request" a review for my file, cavern pirates - captains revenge. Thanks in advance

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
    Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
    My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 01-29-2020 @ 05:16 PM).]

Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 01-29-20 04:36 PM CT (US)     926 / 945       
    Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 02-02-20 05:42 AM CT (US)     927 / 945       
    I just reviewed In the Nick of Time, by Night Conqueror scooting it 4.8

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 02-02-2020 @ 05:43 AM).]

Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 02-05-20 04:46 AM CT (US)     928 / 945       
    The Desert and the Mountain, by John the Late; Reviewer: Possidon 4.3

Shattered Empire, by Mark Stoker; Reviewer: Possidon 5.0
    More new reviews from AOKH's leading reviewer

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 02-06-2020 @ 08:50 AM).]

Kataphraktoi
    Squire
    posted 02-22-20 01:30 PM CT (US)     929 / 945       
    A would point out a few detailing errors in the water, for example just below the flag in the centermost spot you can stand in a area to see a wide swathe of water, and many of the straight edges of water produced by broken terrain textures are visible...it looks quite bad and baffles me why so many elite designers leave this in their maps.
    I am not entirely sure what you are referring to here, could you post a screenshot?
    Alright Lord Basse, I finally got around to getting my HD Edition working again and can answer your comment after several eons have passed :P

So here is a snap of the offending segment:

And while thats one of the worst spots, I can find plenty of them elsewhere on the map. I am going to be very baffled if you still dont see an issue with this or if just looks fine to you! To me it looks like some artifacting, or that the textures are broken. There is a very clear and pronounced hard line visible that stands out to me and grabs my attention anytime these tiles are onscreen.

Like I said before, this fault is exagerated in HD though it is possible to create this effect in the cd version. Every map in HD has this and lots of it.

Im not saying I was considering reducing the score from 5.0 to 4.5 because the sharp edges cut into my brain or something, or even from 5.0 to 4.9 if that was possible. What I am saying is that on a map thats so good as this one, I dont understand why such obvious and detrimental flaws are left unfixed. It looks hastily put together and like the author is in such a hurry he doesnt understand or percieve their existance. Its impossible that fixing this could do anything but make the water in those areas look better.

I just examined my Mediterranean Pearl map closely and only found one such error, as seen below:

The reason thats the only one is because I spent quite some hours tweaking every single piece of water to ensure it was perfect, and hid the others behind rocks or bamboo. This one slipped through the cracks, and I just wanted to point out I could and did make the same mistake too.

I probably made the point and then some by now so I will await a reply before saying anything more

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
    Kataphraktoi
    Squire
    posted 02-22-20 01:44 PM CT (US)     930 / 945       
    Dandolo was reviewed and received a 3.8 which is certainly a campaign worth playing but held back by its very low difficulty. Less experienced players will probably find it more engaging but its very difficult to put oneself in their shoes, so this subjective element of reviewing is holding down the score here.

Julius999
    Imposter
    posted 02-22-20 06:32 PM CT (US)     931 / 945       
    I see what you mean with the first screenshot, and personally I do try to avoid those unnatural-looking lines when I mix water terrains. I think I see what you mean with the second screenshot, but I find it barely perceptible and I would certainly not count that as a mistake.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    Lord Basse
    posted 02-24-20 12:24 PM CT (US)     932 / 945       
    Ah, well now I can see what you were getting at. And I agree that those sharp lines look strange. The reason I didn't see them is probably because I never play HD with the animated water off.

__[]_________
    |||||||||||||||||
    Kataphraktoi
    Squire
    posted 02-24-20 01:07 PM CT (US)     933 / 945       
    The reason I didn't see them is probably because I never play HD with the animated water off.
    I actually forgot animated water existed until I was playing around in HD a bit more after posting I find that looks quite bad especially compared to the UP animated water.
    I think I see what you mean with the second screenshot, but I find it barely perceptible and I would certainly not count that as a mistake.
    Ya I was mostly mentioning it just to say my glasshouse isnt perfect while throwing a stone or two

So my theory about designers not being able to perceive these spots is actually accurate, atleast if they have animated water activated. That explains a few things!

QuesoConCarne
    Squire
    posted 03-05-20 11:38 AM CT (US)     934 / 945       
    Can i get a review on the 1v1 regicide map in the project octopus folder? https://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,44692,,30
    Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 05-02-20 07:47 AM CT (US)     935 / 945       
    So I’ve just crossed the 300 review milestone with a well deserving scenario - The Bells of Shangri-La by Lord Basse obviously rating it 5.0
    Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 05-10-20 05:02 PM CT (US)     936 / 945       
    I just posted a review for Hammister’s Thrones of Iberia giving it a score of 4.2. While not a perfect scenario is certainly an entertaining one and well worth people checking out.
    HockeySam18
    Dúnadan
    posted 05-11-20 04:19 AM CT (US)     937 / 945       
    I've posted reviews to all of the (playable) 2020 DtS entries:

Doorstep to Valhalla by Alkhalim (3.2)

The Battle of Sighnaq by Bassi (4.6)

Defend the Fortress by Blume (2.0)

Perdiccas by BOT_Alan (2.0)

The Last Romans by Filthydelphia/Al_Kharn the Great (5.0)

The Fountain of Youth by MrMew (3.0)

A Most Unusual Package by Thanathor (4.0)

Possidon, I believe the review tally in the OP needs updating - you recently mentioned passing the 300-review mark but are still tallied at 293, and, looking at my Blacksmith profile page, my seven DtS reviews should bring my total up from 88 to 95.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
    duyhung2h
    Squire
    posted 05-19-20 10:46 PM CT (US)     938 / 945       
    I've updated my DTS2020 entry and considered this my last update (unless if it to fix additional bugs), with some much-needed intro/outro slides for background lore and guidelines/ visible clue for players to follow.
    (display timer is still a thing, there isn't much I can do about it)
    If you can give it another go, HockeySam, and provide me your honest feedback and post a review, just like every other DTS20 entries, it'd be much appreciated. I want to apologize for my past action as well, as I'm new to the contest, having no playtester and the time constraint is a bit rough (I'm still having university work). Just make sure sound files are working, as my scenario is much dependant on it.

[This message has been edited by duyhung2h (edited 05-20-2020 @ 01:44 AM).]

Lord Basse
    posted 05-20-20 05:07 AM CT (US)     939 / 945       
    I'll also be posting a review once I have finished the scenario.

__[]_________
    |||||||||||||||||
    Mash
    Huskarl
    (id: Mashek)
    posted 07-27-20 04:50 PM CT (US)     940 / 945       
    Much appreciated for the review, Possidon! Random fact; I rewrote the entire story and all the dialogue back in 2017 (due to changes made in the sequel), so it's actually a little different to the original released in 2009. I'm pleased to see the update wasn't misguided!

[This message has been edited by Mash (edited 07-27-2020 @ 05:03 PM).]

Julius999
    Imposter
    posted 07-27-20 05:09 PM CT (US)     941 / 945       
    What changes did you make?

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    Mash
    Huskarl
    (id: Mashek)
    posted 07-27-20 09:47 PM CT (US)     942 / 945       
    Nothing major or drastic, just minor updates across the board such as character names and presentation, particularly with dialogue.

[This message has been edited by Mash (edited 07-28-2020 @ 02:46 AM).]

Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 07-28-20 04:43 AM CT (US)     943 / 945       
    No problem Mash. Been on a pick of a reviewing spree lately. Lorgan's Watch is on my list for very soon.

Having never played the original 09 release I never would have known the difference.
    rewaider
    Squire
    posted 07-28-20 04:19 PM CT (US)     944 / 945       
    Thanks a lot for the review btw, Possidon!
    (Commenting it here cause there aint much of a reply/notification system for the blacksmith, sadly)
    Left a quite lengthy comment in there addressing some questions raised/answering some stuff as well (aka the possibility of me returning to the project, etc)

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
    Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
    My Blacksmith
    Possidon
    Slayer
    posted 07-28-20 04:48 PM CT (US)     945 / 945       
    No problem Rewaider. Really loved the scenario just wished it was fully completed. I totally understand that real life gets in the way and how difficult it is to finish a scenario and passion project.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames