You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.82 replies, Sticky
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The Forge III: Works-in-Progress and Completed Projects
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Forge III: Works-in-Progress and Completed Projects
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 09-20-17 09:24 AM CT (US)         

Welcome to the Forge!

What is the Forge you ask? The Forge is a place where all budding designers such as yourself may post information about their upcoming project, such as single and multiplayer scenarios, campaigns, mod packs and utilities. These will be put on display for all to see and updated according to their progress along the way. All you have to do is leave a comment below and we'll take care of the rest!

In addition, all issues, requests and questions regarding the Blacksmith may be posted here in return for a quick answer. We shall also endeavour to post all noteworthy submissions here under Blacksmith News so be sure to keep an eye out!

POSTING YOUR PROJECT:

Please leave a comment below, which should contain your project name, project type (scenario, campaign or mod pack/utility etc), genre/style (FF, B&D etc), percentage complete and a general description of the project. The description should read like a blurb to a novel; it should be short, sharp and catchy - enough to interest potential downloaders. We'll compile the information and add your project to The Forge!

WHAT NOT TO POST:

Do not post information about a project you've already completed, or which you'll finish in a day or two, just for advertising. Post works-in-progress, not completed files.

Do not post information for projects you know you're not going to finish. By posting your project here, people will expect to see it finished one day. That being said, life happens and we understand that some projects will never see the light of day due to changing circumstances.

On the side, please consider your projects carefully. We would rather smaller projects over epic campaigns due to the likelihood of the former actually being completed. We do not want to discourage you from embarking on that all-inspiring epic, but we also don't want you to feel like your new project has to be a world beater every time. That being said, it is absolutely fine to showcase your campaign in chapters with open endings, which increases the likelihood of you completing it!

Discover the most promising works from all genres and formats submitted to the Blacksmith over the past 12 months. Please feel free to make suggestions!

Aztec architecture set, by omarrgg - 4/5/18 - Relive the peek of the Aztec civilisation in this glorious and colourful modification.

Wildlife Pack - by Vardamir - 3/6/18 - In the author's own words, this neat mod pack brings to the editor "a large set of variant AoK animals, including six wolves, seven deer, three jaguars, seven birds, three bears, a llama, a sheep, and 27 horses." This is a more than useful addition to any scenario!

The Legend of the White King, by Bassi - 2/26/18 - Traverse the beautiful and often inhospitable rainforests of Brazil alongside Portuguese conquistador Alejo Garcia in search of the fabled lands of the 'White King'. This stunning five scenario campaign is the author's best work to date!

Siege of Nicaea - by Cataphract - 1/2/18 - Wage the First Crusade with your European brethren as the Byzantines led by Manuel Boutoumites during the bloody and dramatic siege of Nicaea. The powerful custom AI will test you!

Portuguese Civ Mod III - by danielpereira - 11/28/17 - Enjoy the third instalment to the stunning Portuguese Civ Mod, which includes 8 new civilisations and a raft of new game play features!

Ancient America - by Bassi - 10/6/17 - Relive four important events during the pre-Columbian era of Central America in what is a stunningly detailed and well-designed build-and-destroy affair. Ancient America awaits!

Battle of Lake Trasimene - by Alkhalim - 09/13/17 - Ravage the Roman mainland under the famous Hannibal of Carthage in what is a simple yet fun build-and-destroy scenario.

Minato and the Imperial Regalia - by AoE2 Edhun - 09/08/17 - A young man returns to the homeland of his grandfather only to find himself caught up in civil war and the struggle against the current shogunate. Enjoy this epic with hours of game play and a massively creative and detailed map!

First Battle of Panipat - by Shuvro - 05/04/17 - Relive one of Babur's famous military exploits in what is the author's first submission and depicts the Indian continent in a well-designed and immensely challenging affair. Can the Mughals hold off the much more numerous Delhi Sultanate?

Ragnar's Raids - by Al_Kharn the Great - 04/18/17 - Tread the rugged shores of Britain and Francia alongside the famous Ragnar Lodbrok in this epic Viking saga of conquest, exploration and plunder.

Black Wolves - by Vardamir - 02/20/17 - This is a neat little mod that gives designers the option of a menacing and darker wolf unit. Definitely worth the download.

Real Map Creator - by peterolson - 02/9/17 - Download this utility that enables you to create any realistic template based on real world geography.

Wind of the North by Mashek - 01/19/17 - When a fierce band of Northmen arrive at your small island on their way to the Irish mainland, you must convince peaceful fishermen to toss aside their nets and farming implements and prepare to defend their lives. Can you withstand the pagan Norse?

The In-Game Standard AI - by EliteRaider - 1/14/17 - Download the standard AI for the Conqueror's Expansion here, which should prove to be a useful tool for scenario designers over having to extract the AI from the drs files. This release also fixes the bug in Death Match games on Arena and Fortress maps that caused all civs (with exceptions to Huns and Goths) to only build towers on all difficulty settings besides easiest.

COLOUR SCHEME:

Each project will be posted in one of five colours depending on the percentage completed:

Green: (100% Completed)
Light Blue: (75% - 99%)
Dark Blue: (50% - 74%)
Red: (25% - 49%)
Maroon: (0% - 24%)

ProjectAuthorProgressStyleDescription
Heart of the Dragon
Mashek
74%
Mix
The desperate survivors of Erryth finally reach Argeron's high walls after three gruelling days through blood and snow, but fate makes a grim appearance. The sequel to Blood of the Bear. Project Thread.
Aethelflaed ~ The Lady of the Mercians
Mashek
60%
Mix
King Alfred the Great has died an old man, weary from hardship and war. Wessex and Mercia stand on the precipice of defeat as over a century of war with the Danes has brought Britain to its knees. One Saxon woman rises as Lady of the Mercians to continue in her father's footsteps... Project Thread.

Wrath of the Traibs
Possidon
99%
Mix
A young mercenary gets caught up in a religious war between the most powerful kingdoms in the world, and is sent on a quest of Rescue, Revelation and Retribution. Project Thread.
The Merchant
Stormwind Studios
98%
Mix
This is a collaborative project designed by several members of SWS. Rylus is a young man about to embark on a career as a merchant, which is no easy task in these dangerous times. Notorious bandits, rival merchants, vigilante patrols and untrustworthy rulers lie ahead. The scenario will feature a new trading system, many side quests, some new map design tricks and a high level of replayability. Works in Progress Spotlight
Fabula Fatalis -- Prelude: Chronicle
Andanu Trisatya
50%
Cinematic
A cinematic scenario which lasts for around 30-40 minutes, serving as the introductory prologue to Fabula Fatalis saga. Learn the origin of the main heroine, Ava Adorilis. Witness the genesis of the fragile world of Terra, and the fate which engulfed the land soon after, wherein mankind's foolish zealotry ravaged the land down to its knees and the Three Gods' imprudence led to even graver consequences. Project Thread.
Across the Sea (Redux)
Possidon
30%
Other (Mystery)
New & Improved remake of Possidon's 3rd place entry to the 2014 Minigame competition. A complete revamp of the buggy trigger work to bring the chilling story of The Island back to life. The scenario will now become playable and intense.

5 Player RP/Diplo Map
Great_Artiste
70%
Mix
Five factions clash in events that will shape the regions' future. Will the Kingdom mantain control over its vassals? How will the northern pilgrims affect the land? And ferocious camel sailor of the South?
Exilium
GL252
33%
Multiplayer
Four figures inexplicably appear in front of the gates of Amaton, the island city in the land of Exilium. When a first contact is upset by sudden danger, they flee and decide on cooperation to further explore their predicament.

All finished projects that were once listed in this thread are shown below, beginning with the latest finished project.

THREAD HISTORY:

This thread is an amalgamation of past threads: Current Campaigns and Scenarios and the Blacksmith. The Forge was previously hosted by Leif Ericson and later Possidon, but due to changing circumstances has been passed on to yours truly. My personal thanks to all staff who each contributed to the thread in the past.

Thanks to our previous hosts:
Previous Forge Thread Hosts:
Leif Ericson: November 21st 2012 - August 22nd 2014
Possidon: August 22nd 2014 - January 10th 2016

Previous Current Campaigns and Scenarios Thread Hosts:
Magnum Zero: April 24th 2004 - May 27th 2004
WildCardDow: June 3rd 2004 - June 26th 2005
oliver: March 19th 2006 - September 4th 2006
Scud: September 4th 2006 - February 14th 2007
Lord Basse: June 12th 2007 - June 12th 2010
Jecon: June 12th 2010 - November 21 2012

Current Campaigns and Scenarios Thread Banner Archive:
Banner #1, Banner #2, Banner #3, Banner #4, Banner #5, Banner #6

Previous Blacksmith Thread Hosts:
Tanneur99: December 3rd 2007 - June 1st 2011
Mash: June 1st 2011 - November 21 2012

[This message has been edited by Mash (edited 04-30-2019 @ 02:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Possidon
Slayer
posted 08-15-18 09:12 AM CT (US)     71 / 82       
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 08-15-18 09:30 AM CT (US)     72 / 82       
@poss:Im trying to play it now in the userpatch but the english resign as soon as I enter the game. Not sure if maybe my UP build is messed up, I just updated it but it made no difference.

Nevermind, didnt put the AI files in. Although I thought AI files were embedded inside the cpx so they didnt need to be added, normally.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel

[This message has been edited by Kataphraktoi (edited 08-15-2018 @ 09:32 AM).]

Possidon
Slayer
posted 08-15-18 10:10 AM CT (US)     73 / 82       
GL252
Squire
posted 04-22-19 04:23 PM CT (US)     74 / 82       
Scratch Fantasumer from the list please, it's a dead map at this point.

I'll focus all my AoEII time on Exilium (no progress yet, I've been away from AoK for a while after days and days of game-crashing trigger bug hunting).

Will keep you posted.

Check me out on Steam: GL252 I'm very slowly building a scenario and eyecandy map portfolio.
Andanu Trisatya
Squire
posted 04-28-19 07:10 PM CT (US)     75 / 82       
Hey Mash, I believe my cinematic is now 50% completed. I know it has been almost a year since my last post in this thread, but hey, a slow progress is better than none.

I'll be posting a teaser (a prologue to a prologue if you will) to the blacksmith in a few weeks. Though no one will probably download it.

████████
████████
/\NDANU TRISATY/\
The Least Skilled Member of StormWind Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-

[This message has been edited by Andanu Trisatya (edited 04-28-2019 @ 08:58 PM).]

Mash
Huskarl
posted 04-30-19 02:13 AM CT (US)     76 / 82       
Thread updated.
I'll be posting a teaser (a prologue to a prologue if you will) to the blacksmith in a few weeks. Though no one will probably download it.
Great work. I'll write you a review when you do.
Andanu Trisatya
Squire
posted 05-12-19 09:16 PM CT (US)     77 / 82       
Great work. I'll write you a review when you do.
Hahaha, I know you would.

You don't have to review it though, if it's gonna require some effort. It's still only half of the cinematic anyway, and I'll probably update it when the whole thing's finished. I'd love to hear some of your comments though -- I think this may the best cinematic I've ever made, design-wise.

It should be up tomorrow.

████████
████████
/\NDANU TRISATY/\

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
Mash
Huskarl
posted 06-21-19 10:17 AM CT (US)     78 / 82       
Hey Andan, I finally got around to watching your cut-scene. Perhaps your best work yet in terms of map design and storytelling (Fight Against Fate still holds the mantle for sheer epic size). I really enjoyed the added detail and polish that you've obviously mastered since your last submission. Just on the side, but did you want me to update your older files to your newer account? I think you have 3 or 4 accounts all up.
Possidon
Slayer
posted 06-28-19 04:15 PM CT (US)     79 / 82       
So... Seems like many people missed it, but I realised I never posted it here. But back in February WARTH OF THE TRAIBS WAS FINALLY RELEASED!

Please do play it people, and give me your feedback. Comment and Review for me!

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 06-28-2019 @ 04:16 PM).]

HELLKNIGHT61
Squire
posted 06-29-19 00:25 AM CT (US)     80 / 82       
Hi!.. Possidon!.. You know that I have finished your scenario. I want to give you a suggestion about your download number. I think that you must definitely upload your file to steam community. You can't find "enough" downloaders here. Steam community is the best option to obtain more downloads. This website isn't enough for obtaining high download numbers. I think that steam community is the only way...
panel
Squire
posted 06-30-19 02:42 AM CT (US)     81 / 82       
Please do play it people, and give me your feedback. Comment and Review for me!
I will do that. Perfect start for my reviewing comeback.

I actually remember playtesting for this project years and years ago
Andanu Trisatya
Squire
posted 07-02-19 04:50 AM CT (US)     82 / 82       
Just on the side, but did you want me to update your older files to your newer account? I think you have 3 or 4 accounts all up.
That would be awesome. I was wondering if changing of file author is allowed, but now I've got my answer. Thank you very much!

And thank you for watching the cinematic too. I like to call it FAF v2 since the structure will be similar. I will however, try to keep it as short as possible.

@Poss: Congrats for completing your project! It must have been a long and tough struggle but should eventually pays off in the end.

████████
████████
/\NDANU TRISATY/\

[This message has been edited by Andanu Trisatya (edited 07-02-2019 @ 04:56 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames