You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Freezing Units and Custom AI
Bottom
Topic Subject:Freezing Units and Custom AI
fragmaster
Squire
posted 05-26-00 08:44 PM CT (US)         
When I try to use the freeze units trigger it wouldn't work. Also how do you select more than one unit after pressing select objects button?

Also how do you use the custom AI you made in your scenario?

Thanks

AuthorReplies:
Zone Raider
Banned
posted 05-26-00 08:56 PM CT (US)     1 / 4       
To freeze units, you must make sure that every thing is filled out on the "Freeze Unit" trigger if it is a "specific unit". And make sure it it's isn't one of your units.

To select multiple units click the "select units" button, hold down the shift key, and select the specific units you wish to select then carry on with your work.

Custom AI's depends on the map type unless you have a program which can work the AI scripts otherwise. Go to terrain and select the map type, then use the terrain in desired locations and save the scenario. I'm not very sure about AI scripts...

I hope this helps!

------------------
Anyone want to challenge me on the Zone? Hehe... My Zone ID is Oo_War Lord_oO or WLOS_Leader!

They call me the "Zone Raider"! But my ratings suck!

PuzzleMan
Squire
posted 05-27-00 09:15 AM CT (US)     2 / 4       
1. The "freeze" unit trigger may have worked as you set it up.

What it does is clear the instructions the AI may have given to that unit. (or if set to player 1 - you may have given the unit)

However the AI promptly gives the unit new instructions and gives you the impression it didn't work. Sometimes setting the trigger to looping will give you the desired result.

Also using a "movenot" or "standstill" type AI works in certain situations.

If you are still having trouble use the search feature on this forum as much has been written on this subject.

2. Again use the search feature. Look for "Selecting Multiple Objects - You may want to know" posted by Cherub Lobby. It will help you.

3. The custom AI and custom PER files must be placed in the appropriate folder and then the AI must be selected from within the scenario editor. (if that is what you mean by your question)

[This message has been edited by PuzzleMan (edited 05-27-2000).]

The Khan
Squire
posted 05-28-00 00:00 AM CT (US)     3 / 4       
Lots of people don't understand how to properly do a freeze.
The thing you have to remember is: don't use a TIMER condition. If you do, the computer still might be able to move the units in between the ticks of the timer. Try this:

Unit Stand Still: Requirement: No/Looping: Yes/Enabled: Whatever you need.
Condition 0 - Own Object (Object = Whatever you need.)
Effect 0 - Freeze Unit (Player=Whatever/The unit=whatever)

This disables itself when the object gets destroyed.
If you want, you don't even have to include a condition. With no condition, the computer will re-freeze the unit as often as possible.

To select multiple objects after clicking on the "Set Objects" button, just click and drag like you would in a normal game.

------------------
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered.) -Julius Caeser
E-mail: majm101@yahoo.com
ICQ ID: WacoMitch
AOL IM ID: WacoMitch

huesos
Squire
posted 05-28-00 07:09 PM CT (US)     4 / 4       
i'm not an expert or anything but at least this worked for me: select the unit you want to freeze and include looping in the trigger
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames