You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project: Minato, the tales of the emperor
Bottom
Topic Subject:Project: Minato, the tales of the emperor
AoE2 Edhun
Squire
posted 09-19-19 04:22 PM CT (US)         
Over 2 years after releasing my first scenario, i'm back with another. Even more ambitious and complex this time.

STORY

50 years after uniting the clans, Minato, the hero of Haruyume ,finds himself at the end of his reign. Taking over as emperor after the passing of his wife Fuki, he now recalls the days from his past. The time before he sailed to the east.

Seeing the growing struggles within his own society, he finds it important that his story is told to the next generation. The story of how he grew up, the sacrifices he had to make, and the things he learned on his long and troublesome journey.

This scenario will serve as both sequal and prequal to my previous map: Minato and the Imperial Regalia RPG

FEATURES

-a giant sized map made to look extremely detailed from an RPG standpoint. Making heavy use of the Rise of Rajas assets.

-an elaborate story that delves into the past of Minato, the hero of my previous scenario. Good for around 8-10 hours (in-game) of gameplay.

-over 30 quests to complete, earn EXP and gold on your way to progress the main story.

- a unique skill casting mechanic similar to my previous scenario. Improve you skills by levelling up and spending skillpoints in the skill tree.

-An extended amount of RPG elements including equipment shops, merchants, blacksmiths and even a fully fletched minigame to play against gambler NCPs.

-Close to 3000 triggers that bring the world to live in the form of cutscenes, choices through taunts and over 1500 lines of dialogue.

CURRENT STATUS

I am still polishing the overall map and gameplay. I expect that it will be in a playable state in 1-2 weeks. After that it would still need playtesting by others as well as a major grammar/spelling review (ya, I am still terrible with that).

SCREENSHOTS

The outskirts of a wealty city, still save from conflict.

Your very own ship! Also having some unique skills, including the option to fish for treasures in deep water.

In the middle of a battle near a temple complex.

A crossroad near the ricefields
AuthorReplies:
HELLKNIGHT61
Squire
posted 09-20-19 08:00 AM CT (US)     1 / 13       
Hmmm... I want to ask you a question. Your scenario looks too complex and detailed. How many days ( weeks or months ) did you work to finish this complex scenario? Also how many hours did you work for per day? ( Average hour number for per day )
AoE2 Edhun
Squire
posted 09-20-19 10:07 AM CT (US)     2 / 13       
Hmmm... I want to ask you a question. Your scenario looks too complex and detailed. How many days ( weeks or months ) did you work to finish this complex scenario? Also how many hours did you work for per day? (Average hour number for per day )
I started with this map in december 2017, however 80-90% was done in the past year. I would say an average of 1-1,5 hours a day would be a decent guess of the amount of time it took. So probably around 500 hours.

I was able to do things relatively quick because of my experience with previous scenario's. A lot of it was really copy/pasting trigger and making/writing/building the world.
BF_Tanks
Squire
posted 09-20-19 01:47 PM CT (US)     3 / 13       
It's a HD map, so how well does it perform?

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
bassi_aoc
Squire
posted 09-20-19 03:49 PM CT (US)     4 / 13       
Looks excellent! I am looking forward to the release.
AoE2 Edhun
Squire
posted 09-20-19 04:10 PM CT (US)     5 / 13       
It's a HD map, so how well does it perform?
It has some of the usuall HD bugs such as player/AI names getting defaulted once opening a save file and some weird frames on gates/TCs after their ownership tranfsers. But other then that, it is pretty solid I guess. I haven't noticed much lagg or anything like that.
bassi_aoc
Squire
posted 09-20-19 04:23 PM CT (US)     6 / 13       
some weird frames on gates/TCs after their ownership tranfsers
That's an old bug, not introduced by HD.
To solve this, make GAIA the same civ the player has.
AoE2 Edhun
Squire
posted 09-21-19 01:25 PM CT (US)     7 / 13       
To solve this, make GAIA the same civ the player has.
I have GAIA as the same civ as the player, but the TCs/gates that are having the issue are owned by AI (other civs). Anyway, it not that big of a deal.
Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 09-21-19 09:25 PM CT (US)     8 / 13       
This looks genuinely great. Admittedly I didn't play the first one, but I guess now I have two to try to get to.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
AoE2 Edhun
Squire
posted 09-22-19 03:30 PM CT (US)     9 / 13       
Admittedly I didn't play the first one, but I guess now I have two to try to get to.
It is not needed to play my other map before this. They can be played in any order. That said, it will definitely give you a taste of the RPG gameplay,that I refined to make this project.
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 09-23-19 03:58 PM CT (US)     10 / 13       
Very nice, I wondered where you went after the first one. I cannot offer to playtest and spellcheck this one though, the first one was way too difficult to do so for!

By the way I dont remember performance issues in the first scenario. HD tends to work fine for RPG scenarios;the main cause of lag in AoC tends to come from pathfindig and AI attack-now commands and you need little of both in RPGs

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
AoE2 Edhun
Squire
posted 09-28-19 10:35 AM CT (US)     11 / 13       
Over the past 10 days I have been playtesting the map by myself and today I was finally able to complete the map from start to finish for the first time. It took me just over 11,5 hours of in-game time (about half of that in real time, done over several days).

Ya, I really need some playtesters right now. So far I found one.

Here is also another screenshot, from very late in the scenario.

Basse
Squire
posted 09-29-19 06:40 AM CT (US)     12 / 13       
I enjoyed the first one, even though I never finished it due to a corrupted save file that crashed the game. Looking forward to the release!
Jatayu
Squire
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
posted 10-02-19 10:51 PM CT (US)     13 / 13       
Good to see, IIRC the first one is one of the best quality RPGs we have in the Blacksmith, really enjoyed that one.

Jatayu O===| /
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames