You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » How did Yogurt do this in Final Hour?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How did Yogurt do this in Final Hour?
Cid
Squire
posted 05-28-00 01:51 PM CT (US)         
Right me if i'm wrong but Yogurt didn't include the scenario bitmap when he sent the scenario Final Hour. But there is a picture in the scenario messages when you start custom scenario, right. How did he do that?
As far as know you must include the scenario bitmap when sending a scenario but not in a campaign, or am I wrong?
Anyway I think it's cool...

CID

------------------
- To kill one man will make of you a murderer, but to kill 1 hundred men will make of you a conquerer! -

AuthorReplies:
Yogurt
VIP
posted 05-28-00 02:30 PM CT (US)     1 / 6       
Once you select a bitmap under Cinematics and save the scenario, the editor embeds the bitmap into the .scn file. This means you don't have to include it in the .zip.

I noticed this when I was making changes to the bitmap on my hard drive -- I didn't see the changes reflected in the scenario's title page.

Yogurt

Jeru
Squire
(id: Jerusalem)
posted 05-28-00 02:40 PM CT (US)     2 / 6       
Great scenario, btw!

I realize, Yogurt, that you don't have any more plans soon for AoK, do you?...

Cid
Squire
posted 05-28-00 02:54 PM CT (US)     3 / 6       
Thanks Yogurt. I think I will use this "trick" in many scenarios.

Cid

Yogurt
VIP
posted 05-28-00 03:02 PM CT (US)     4 / 6       
That's right, Jerusalem. Final Hour is my last AOK scenario. The Age of Kings scenario editor is too clumsy for me to invest more time in it. I don't usually buy expansion packs, so the bug fixes that come with Conquerers probably won't entice me back either.

I'll still hang around the forum though, and I'm looking forward to designing for other games, such as Neverwinter Nights or WarCraft III.

Thanks for the kind words about the scenario.

Yogurt

Final Hour
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/descpages/single/419.shtml

EMB
Squire
posted 05-28-00 05:37 PM CT (US)     5 / 6       
You are quiting developing AOK scenario's Yogurt?
That's too bad!!! I mean with two scenario's rated a 5 at the blacksmith you did a great job, even with a piece of crap as the AOK editor. On the one hand I can't blame you for your decision. That takes me to another point. I think it's redicelous that we have to pay for a so cold expension pack what seems to me is nothing more then a giant Bug-fix (At least let us hope that) and some additions!!! I paid almost $50 for AOK and in my opinion much too much for the many annoying bugs in the editor... I say Micro$oft and E$ have at least do a free bugfix update and let the people decide of they will pay for more additions. At last,Yogurt: whatever you do...Keep the faith

Regards
EMB

Eggman
Squire
posted 05-28-00 08:46 PM CT (US)     6 / 6       
Don't worry all you Yogurt fans... I'll make sure you haven't seen the last of him!

Mwuhahahahaha...

------------------
Goo Goo G'Joob!

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames