You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Trigger Question
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trigger Question
James Thomas
Squire
posted 05-29-00 07:03 PM CT (US)         
What does the 'Object Has Target' trigger do?

------------------
Why is "Abbreviation" such a long word?

AuthorReplies:
Yogurt
VIP
posted 05-29-00 07:36 PM CT (US)     1 / 4       
It means "when this object is aiming at this object" -- for example, to shoot an arrow at it, or convert it, or stab it, or heal it.

Not sure if it works with villagers and resources, but that's easy enough to find out.

Yogurt

James Thomas
Squire
posted 05-29-00 08:57 PM CT (US)     2 / 4       
Aha! Thanks!

------------------

Ingo van Thiel
Squire
posted 05-30-00 05:41 AM CT (US)     3 / 4       
"Object has target" doesn't work properly, neither with villagers nor with military units. No matter which target you select, the trigger will always fire as soon as the first object has *any* target.

Example: You want an enemy War Elephant to drop dead as soon as your villager attacks him. You select the villager as the object, the elephant as the target... annnnnnd...

... the stupid elephant dies no matter what your villager does. You can go woodchopping, and the elephant drops dead. You can go berry-picking, and the elephant drops dead. Doh.

There's the same problem with military units. To use the same example with a soldier: the elephant will drop dead even if your soldier attacks a building in another corner of the map... or if your soldier boards a transport, or garrisons inside a tower.

Annoying bug. I hope it's fixed in the expansion.

Ingo

James Thomas
Squire
posted 05-30-00 01:27 PM CT (US)     4 / 4       
That's nasty. When Yogurt told me what it did I was hoping to use it in my RPG, but I will have to find another way.

------------------

[This message has been edited by James Thomas (edited 05-30-2000).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames