You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Shogun? What do you think?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Shogun? What do you think?
Filthydelphia
Squire
(id: Al_Kharn the Great)
posted 05-29-00 07:47 PM CT (US)         
What do you guys think of this idea for a scenario...

The game takes place on a large or huge map. You are a simple samauri with a small following of villagers, a few buildings, and a few men-at-arms. You are then presented with a variety of choices: you may choose to ally with and serve Daimyo A (a peace-loving internationalist) or maybe Daimyo B (a militant patriot) or perhaps go on by yourself and form your own ties with other small samauri (who begin in a similiar state [this allows for a multiplayer version later]) or with the Europeans. The scenario is composed primarily of building up, warring, and engaging in diplomacy (ie- the AI asks you to do things such as tribute them X resource, build X building in their area, give them a building, attack an enemy, etc. and they may help you if you help them).

It'll take a lot of time and may end up being far better with the X-pac, so I'm not sure if it'll be worth it to try to make it now... What do you think?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Al_Kharn the Great (edited 05-29-2000).]

AuthorReplies:
GamalierX
Squire
posted 05-29-00 08:01 PM CT (US)     1 / 4       
Hmmm, sounds good! but i would wait for the X-pac, it has more to offer.
GamalierX
Squire
posted 05-29-00 08:02 PM CT (US)     2 / 4       
and when dose the x-pac come out?
Filthydelphia
Squire
(id: Al_Kharn the Great)
posted 05-29-00 08:05 PM CT (US)     3 / 4       
Thanks for your input. I think you're right. It would be better to wait until there's the new terrain types, alterable unit stats, and the X-pac units

And the X-pac comes out officially in Septembre, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see it on store shelves in August.

First Knight
Squire
posted 05-29-00 09:21 PM CT (US)     4 / 4       
Oh, not to hijack the thread or anything, but anyone interested in the Japanese civil wars and stuff like that should download the Shogun:Total War demo at totalwar.com. Wow!! It would be soo cool if ES made an Age game like that(3D terrain with 2D units).
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames