You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » make villes goto work right away trigger?
Bottom
Topic Subject:make villes goto work right away trigger?
Augustus
Squire
posted 05-29-00 08:05 PM CT (US)         
is there a trigger to make villagers goto work on a specific resource site at the start of the game? ie, have a villager chop this tree.
AuthorReplies:
Filthydelphia
Squire
(id: Al_Kharn the Great)
posted 05-29-00 08:09 PM CT (US)     1 / 4       
Tasking them may work... not sure, though... i've never tried to do it. Sorry.
Sarik
Squire
posted 05-29-00 08:29 PM CT (US)     2 / 4       
Task the villager to a tree using triggers

You might want to loop it too, because I've had times where the AI changes it's job (As long as it's a computer opponent, otherwise you'd probably just . . . task it to a tree)

Oh, yeah, I'm new to the forum, but I'm not ignorant to this process, just so you don't think that

CelticWarrior2
Squire
posted 05-29-00 08:31 PM CT (US)     3 / 4       
Yeah all you have to do is create a trigger and no condition just an effect. The effect is task object make sure you put the right player and select the villi and the resource you want him to gather. Viola!
Tylori Dragon
Squire
posted 05-30-00 08:34 AM CT (US)     4 / 4       
It's very - very - simple.

Just use task object effect - click villager - select trees.

Don't use loop, because the villagers won't go back to the lumber camp after they have gathered enough wood, they will try to chop more, but they cant because they're at max carrying capacity and then they'll look weird.

If you don't want the AI to redirect the villager you tasked, just use a standstill AI.

------------------
AoK Dragon Designer, visit our webpage on http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/AoK_Dragon/

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames