You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Force me to do something!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Force me to do something!
Filthydelphia
Squire
(id: Al_Kharn the Great)
posted 06-13-00 08:19 PM CT (US)         
I cant stand it... i spend so long thinking up something then i start it and lose interest half way through... I need to be restricted to one thing...

So can anyone please order me to make a campaign or scenario or multiplayer on a certain region/topic or what not?

AuthorReplies:
PsychoRabbit
Banned
posted 06-13-00 08:26 PM CT (US)     1 / 18       
Okay... I ORDER you to make a campaign about the Knights Templar. I'm already making one scenario...

------------------
"I am the push that makes you move."--Slipknot

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, and sometimes it's a good day to eat breakfast."--'Smoke Signals'

The Khan
Squire
posted 06-13-00 08:29 PM CT (US)     2 / 18       
You could join the AOK>>>1 design team. That would restrict you. Just e-mail bok186@hotmail.com

------------------
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered.) -Julius Caeser
E-mail: majm101@yahoo.com
ICQ ID: WacoMitch
AOL IM ID: WacoMitch

Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 06-13-00 08:51 PM CT (US)     3 / 18       
LoL... nice try, Khan... but if i want to work in a consortium, i'll form my own... thanks

Psycho:

Templar... i dont really know anything about them... they're the french crusaders, no? How about I do the Teutonic knights? I know more about them and thats close enough

Ok... I'll make a campaign about the Teutonic Knights! Thanks.

PsychoRabbit
Banned
posted 06-13-00 08:56 PM CT (US)     4 / 18       
Hey, glad to be of service!

And BTW, the Templars were actually like this: Normans go France, making the Norman French; years later, Norman French go to England, make a big splash. The Knights Templar were mainly based in England, and held a lot of power. Their presence was still being felt in the mid 20th century (at least according to my Dad, who was there at the time). They are actually the basis of the weird Arabic charecters in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

------------------

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, and sometimes it's a good day to eat breakfast."--'Smoke Signals'

Jeru
Squire
(id: Jerusalem)
posted 06-14-00 10:12 AM CT (US)     5 / 18       
Hey! Arabic's not weird! Learn the letters and get to know how beautiful it really is.

Al_Kharn, I ORDER you to test my scenario in the "Lighthouse Creations Beta Test" thread!

PsychoRabbit
Banned
posted 06-14-00 12:56 PM CT (US)     6 / 18       
Hey, I didn't mean that ARABIC is weird. Arabic is rather cool. What I meant was the charecters in IJ were kinda weird. That's all.

------------------

Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 06-14-00 05:00 PM CT (US)     7 / 18       
I ORDER you to make a 1st Crusades campaign like you promised! (Remember that AoE one you made?)

...Or maybe that wasn't you. Oh well, make one anyway.

Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 06-14-00 05:49 PM CT (US)     8 / 18       
You got me, Talon... I did promise a First Crusades campaign and I did make one for AoE/RoR... I'm truly surprised you actually remembred... Amazing...

But anyway...

Ok... I dont have much to do over the vacation so i'll undertake both of your orders I'll make a campaign about the Teutonic knights conquering Lithuania followed by one about the First Crusade...

I'm really surprised you remembred, Talon... (though now that i look back upon it, it really was a bad campaign I mean it really had much to be desired in terms of eye candy)

Sigh...

I just realized... I promised all those Arab forummers here that I'd make one based on Khalid ibn Waleed... I'm going to be busy... it's great!

Thanks

Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 06-15-00 11:29 PM CT (US)     9 / 18       
hey, Talon...

Did you used to go on as a different login name? This one was registered (according to your profile) in January...

Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 06-16-00 05:21 PM CT (US)     10 / 18       
I did only become a member of these forums in January. I've kept with the same name since and I didn't hava another one before.

BTW, I LIKED you 1st crusade campaign.

Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 06-16-00 06:56 PM CT (US)     11 / 18       
Talon:

Thanks... I thought no one remembred my AoE campaigns except as alternatives to Ingo's... Thanks, though... I'm glad you liked it, though now that i look back upon it, it was too siege-oriented...

Thanks

Oh and I'm making a remake of it now as well as adjusting that Mongol campaign you playtested... Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately ), I met a really great girl (who's highly flexible cause she's a dancer) who keeps on wanting to hug and cuddle with me... I'll be busy quite a lot

[This message has been edited by Al_Kharn the Great (edited 06-16-2000).]

Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 06-16-00 10:34 PM CT (US)     12 / 18       
Yes! She likes me!
Talon Karrde
Squire
posted 06-17-00 06:47 AM CT (US)     13 / 18       
She? What she?
*Looks around suspiciously*
There's no she here! I'm a he! :P

Anyway, I'll be a tester too, but I'm going to be away until August 15th, and I probably won't have the internet. But If I do, I'll tell you.

JG
Squire
posted 06-17-00 07:24 AM CT (US)     14 / 18       
How about re-creating The Battle of Bradford... never heard of it ?

about 5 years ago myself and 3 mates took a real hiding off a dozen lads in the town centre. A re-enactment where we actually win would be really cool. I could act as advisor so that all details are historically accurate (except the outcome), town centre plans and layouts are available. I think i would rather like to be The Black Prince.

Let me know if you think you will run with this.

Hope it helps
JG

------------------
Life's a bitch, then you die !
e-mail: aok@jgraham.co.uk

Vladislav
Banned
posted 06-17-00 08:31 AM CT (US)     15 / 18       
If you want oooh's and ahhh's, play EVERY single scenario that Ingo made. Now, don't copy him, just use ideas.

------------------
-- Vladislav --
------------------

Captain_N
Banned
posted 06-17-00 08:38 AM CT (US)     16 / 18       
Uhhh. I have about 10 or 15 half baked scenarios if anyone wants them. I think I made about 3 Robin Hood ones, and a whole bunch of other ones. One about Theodoric, not the historical figure. It was not good. It never fails - there are two things about my scenarios that always stay the same.

1. I must include the task of getting bacon in any scenario I make. Most, anyway.

2. I usually never finish a scenario.

Once, though, I had a scenario where if you stepped on a patch of grass in the middle of the dirt, you were transformed into another UU. There were 13 patches of grass. Each one turned you into something such as a War Ele, Janny, etc.

I also made a campaign about Aethelfirth. Fictional, for I have never heard of him.

------------------
Member of the tonto clan.

The only thing funnier than a clown choking someone is a clown being choked.

Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 06-17-00 02:54 PM CT (US)     17 / 18       
Talon:

My girlfriend, of course! A real sweetie...

Vladislav:

LoL! In RoR, I was often considered sort of as Ingo's rival and the alternative Ingo... I made a campaign The End of the Warring States which score was lowered because the reviewer said it was too much like Tai Gun, albiet an equal version... Essentially, I can make campaigns that are said to be pretty darn equal to Ingo's, although they lack creativity... But the thing is, I think even though The Quest really wasn't that great (Ingo, you could've done so much better! [from what i saw, of course ]), Ingo's really improving in AoK and I'm gonna have to catch up... that's why i'm altering In the Footsteps of the Huns to be equal to his new campaign. The prob is my girlfriend really wants to be with me always, but, then again, that's hardly a bad thing

Filthydelphia
Squire
posted 06-17-00 07:42 PM CT (US)     18 / 18       
Talon:

He likes me! (meaning you!)

I realized you said that, but i didn't think to post that you liked me... i posted "She likes me!" before meaning my girlfriend But now... LoL... sweet... good job...

(I'm an idiot... i didn't realize that until just now )

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames