You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Very Unfunny bug.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Very Unfunny bug.
ROR_Sir_William
Squire
posted 06-16-00 08:34 AM CT (US)         
this bug occurs if you have an oject visible trigger rigged up to a gaia unit. If you get the unit before it is actually on screen, the game will crash.

Example:

C: Object Visible: Gaia Lord de Graville
E: Display instructions: blah blah blah

If you spot it with somthing that has a sight range larger than the screen or spot it offscreen then move back to it, the game will crash.

AuthorReplies:
ROR_Sir_William
Squire
posted 06-16-00 08:57 AM CT (US)     1 / 10       
The above reason is not why the game keeps crashing, I changed the trigger to somthing else and it still crashes. Then I thought it was because I had too many flowers on screen (yes that crashes it too), so I took out all the flowers. It still crashed.

Can I email this to one of you out there? so you can tell me what is wrong with it. Be prepared to reboot several times.

the great Alexander
Squire
posted 06-16-00 09:39 AM CT (US)     2 / 10       
I will try to figure it out, but I'm not promising anything more.
sebastian_hagen@gmx.de
Filthydelphia
Squire
(id: Al_Kharn the Great)
posted 06-16-00 09:41 AM CT (US)     3 / 10       
It's probably your standard unit has two effects to undertake problem... Check if you had a unit do two things (ie- freeze and move north or move north and east) in the same trigger
ROR_Sir_William
Squire
posted 06-16-00 01:52 PM CT (US)     4 / 10       
I only told lord de graville to move once, and the trigger is not looped. I had this working last night, but I forgot to save it before it tested it, and another trigger crashed it.

ROR_Sir_William

------------------
Admit Nothing,
Deny Everything,
Make Counter
Accusations!

Captain_N
Banned
posted 06-16-00 02:31 PM CT (US)     5 / 10       
I am not sure, but I think that pretty much any Gaia trigger locks it up.

Another annoying bug - if you do, for instance: Effect 1 - Display intructions. Effect 2 - Display instructions. Before doing effect 2 you must select another effect, then select the effect you want - you can' do the same effect twice in a row.

------------------
It's a good thing that firefighters don't get paid by the job, because then the really greedy ones would probably start the "United Arsonist Firefighters of America".

The only thing funnier than a clown choking someone is a clown being choked.

the great Alexander
Squire
posted 06-16-00 03:07 PM CT (US)     6 / 10       
I found the reason that AoK crashed when this point of the game is reached.The 3d condition in the "temujin speaks"-trigger is a task-object effect with no object or area specified.This effect crashes AoK when it is actviated.
It doesn't happen anymore if you delete this, but the scenario doesn't progress either, you even loose a few seconds after the meeting.I suggest you rework the triggers that are fired at that point of the game.

I'm sorry about my bad English.

ROR_Sir_William
Squire
posted 06-16-00 05:12 PM CT (US)     7 / 10       
thanks
manowar
Squire
posted 06-17-00 04:50 AM CT (US)     8 / 10       
Hey,Captain_N!about display instructions twice at the same
row, try to set different string tables to the instrunctions,e.g.: 0(top),1(middle),2(bottom).try it.if it doesn't work,so,you right!we have a annoying bug here!sorry.
P.S.:Sorry for the bad english.
HEY,GUYS,IM BACK BEFORE MONTHS FAR FROM THIS FORUM!!!ALL HAIL!!!!

------------------

Vladislav
Banned
posted 06-17-00 08:38 AM CT (US)     9 / 10       
Whenever I work w/ triggers, I always exxpect a crash or two. ES needs to fix these ANNOYING bugs.

------------------
-- Vladislav --
------------------

ROR_Sir_William
Squire
posted 06-17-00 11:18 AM CT (US)     10 / 10       
Sandy said they were gonna fix as many bugs as possible and only take a few suggestions from the AOK:TC forum.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames