You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Who decides what to review ?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Who decides what to review ?
JG
Squire
posted 06-17-00 08:14 AM CT (US)         
This is me just getting something off my chest, I do not intend to offend or have a go at anybody ok ?

It seems to me that it is almost impossible to get a review unless you are known to the reviewers (who are they ?) or in a "clique".

In the blacksmith you are able to search on review scores and I would imagine that most people go for the high scores. If you have not had a review then your scenario will never appear, this means that there will be loads of great stuff not getting played .
It would be interesting to know what percentage of files in the Blacksmith have reviews against them..
If the answer to the low number of reviews is " because the volume is too high for the number of people available to review", then maybe the "review panel" should be expanded.

It would also interest me to know the ages of the reviewers, because what may appeal to a 15 year-old may not apply to a 30 year-old.

There... I've said it.. and remember this is not intended to be a "dig" at anybody, just a request for information and to open a dialogue.

JG

------------------
Life's a *****, then you die !
e-mail: aok@jgraham.co.uk

[This message has been edited by JG (edited 06-17-2000).]

AuthorReplies:
Rasher
HG Alumnus
(id: Angel Rasher)
posted 06-17-00 08:32 AM CT (US)     1 / 3       
There is no limit on what the reviewers are told to do, they simply pick what they think looks interesting, and away they go.

Yes, most of the "big name" people like Ingo van Thiel, AoK Punk, Steve Ryan, etc, will be reviewed first, but there is still a good chance that yours will be reviewed.
Here's a couple of tips for if you would like your work reviewed:

1) Have an interesting, detailed description. I will almost never review a scenario with a crappy Author's Comments, and none at all is even worse
2) Have an interesting title. It may not seem fair, but many times the scenarios with the interesting titles are the ones that get noticed. However, you need to realize not to overdo it. A ten-line title will only tick people off

I haven't been doing a lot of reviews lately because I have been very busy, and most of the time now I only review a scenario if it looks quite good, or if the author e-mails me with a request. I will be doing a lot more reviews in the future, but for now that's the way it is... if there were more reliable reviewers, more scenarios could be reviewed. Right now, there simply isn't enough to handle all of the stuff in the Blacksmith.

BTW, I am 15... i'll be 16 next month

Jeru
Squire
(id: Jerusalem)
posted 06-17-00 10:05 AM CT (US)     2 / 3       
I think that teams get preference too. (At least I hope so, my team's first scenario is to be released soon).

------------------
My Site: Stuff to Do When You're Bored
A Proud Member of: Lighthouse Creations

Park305
Squire
posted 06-17-00 11:16 AM CT (US)     3 / 3       
Actually I don't like to review people I know since I'm scared they'll get angry at my score

Really though it all depends on your title and desc. as Rasher said although after 5 scenarios I just pick anything...My first scenario never got reviewed (thank god if was horrible) and it was put up before the year 2000 although my Ville De la mont did get reviewed which I did after my first one

Its all luck and a good title/description

------------------
http://aokbattlefield.warzone.com
Has the greatest map making section
My ICQ is 48273398
Also known as EliteKnight
Proud member of JKA and AOK Punk and AOK Battlefield

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames