You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » How do you install downloaded scenarios?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do you install downloaded scenarios?
Lord of the Rings
Squire
posted 06-18-00 06:40 PM CT (US)         
I tried to download a scenario from one of the pages they have dedicated to scenarios on this site, but I couldnt figure out where to put the unzipped file. Does anyone know? (I am sure someone does)

------------------
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
-J.R.R. Tolkein

AuthorReplies:
Hibibiskaba
Squire
posted 06-18-00 06:50 PM CT (US)     1 / 2       
I know where to unzip the files.
Files that end with .scn go in c:/program files/microsoft games/age of empires II/scenerio.
.cpn files go in c:/program files/microsoft games/age of empires II/campaign
.ai and/or .per files go in c:/program files/microsoft games/age of empires II/ai
.avi files go in c:/program files/microsoft games/age of empires II/avi (you'll have to create the avi folder)
.mp3 or .wav files go in c:/program files/microsoft games/age of empires II/sound/scenerio
.bmp files go in c:/program files/microsoft games/age of empires II/
and a text file with the story line goes in c:/program files/microsoft games/age of empires II/
I think that's it.
Filthydelphia
Squire
(id: Al_Kharn the Great)
posted 06-18-00 06:50 PM CT (US)     2 / 2       
Well you're in for a delimna... a lot of designers try to be helpful by putting their campaigns and pheriphanalia in folders that you unzip in C:\ (C:\program files\microsoft games\Age of empires II\....) The prob is people put AoK into different directories and there is no standard and so on...

When you unzip, view the files carefully... and look at the folders they're in (if any)

make sure you put mp3s in the sounds folder in your AoK directory, campaigns in campaigns, scenarios in scenario, and so on...

sorry i cant say more, but i hope that helps a little...

[This message has been edited by Al_Kharn the Great (edited 06-18-2000).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames