You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » A hearty congratulations to our very own Cherub Lobby!
Bottom
Topic Subject:A hearty congratulations to our very own Cherub Lobby!
Rasher
HG Alumnus
(id: Angel Rasher)
posted 10-19-00 11:41 PM CT (US)         
In case you hadn't heard the news, here is the press released that was released today by Stainless Steel Studios, the makers of the upcoming RTS game Empire Earth:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stainless Steel Studios Enlists Scenario Designer, Stephen “Lobby” Ryan

New Strike Team member to contribute to Empire Earth, the next generation of real-time strategy games.

October 19, 2000

Stainless Steel Studios, the cutting edge strategy game developer, today announced that Steve “Lobby” Ryan has joined the Empire Earth Scenario Design Strike Team. The Strike Team is a group of professional and highly talented hardcore gamers who are helping to develop, design, and create Empire Earth’s single player campaigns. Steve will be responsible for designing scenarios and helping ensure that the campaigns that ship with Empire Earth are the best gamers have ever seen.

An Australian, Steve has a government job in Melbourne, but he has a passion for creating intriguing scenarios. His Age of Empires scenario “The Relay” won the first scenario design competition sponsored by the AoE Heaven web site. Steve consistently produced top rated scenarios and eventually hooked up with AoE Heaven. There, he helped judge the Rise of Rome and Genghis Khan competitions. With the advent of AoE II: The Age of Kings, Steve opted out of judging to submit the “Karl der Grosse” entry in the Charlemagne scenario design competition run by Microsoft and Ensemble Studios. His entry won the AoK Heaven portion of the competition, but was edged out for the overall prize.

Steve’s exceptional designing talent and experience prompted Rick Goodman, Lead Designer of AoE and now Empire Earth, to ask him to join the Empire Earth Strike Team. When asked why he wanted to work on Empire Earth, Steve responded, “What could be better than getting to work on the development of what looks like the most exciting RTS game ever!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to Lobby! This is truely great news.

AuthorReplies:
Jeru
Squire
(id: Jerusalem)
posted 10-20-00 09:33 AM CT (US)     1 / 4       
I couldn't think of a better person for the job myself! Congrats, Steve!

(P.S. -- Next time, could you do a small favour and change all the "smart quotes" into, err, "stupid" ones? They show up as Arabic letters on my computer .)

[This message has been edited by Jerusalem (edited 10-20-2000).]

Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 10-20-00 02:59 PM CT (US)     2 / 4       
Congrats Lobby!
Good luck in your job!
Demolition Ship Captain
Squire
posted 10-20-00 04:21 PM CT (US)     3 / 4       
Kool! Congrats Lobby!

and uhh "smart quotes"?

what are those?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Preparation can only take you so far... After that you gotta take a few leaps of faith.
Irish
Squire
(id: Tonto_Irish)
posted 10-20-00 08:35 PM CT (US)     4 / 4       
Congrats man! Best of luck!

And even now part of me flies over Dresden at Angels one-five though they'll never fathom it behind my sarcasm desperate memories lie...

Oh no... Not me... I never lost control...

The voices tell me I'm sane.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames