You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » RelicFest ver-0.2
Bottom
Topic Subject:RelicFest ver-0.2
salahudeen
Squire
posted 10-21-00 09:43 PM CT (US)         
This is my first scenario, and I tested it out on the zone this morning, went quite well, so I thought I'd pass it on and see if anyone else has any suggestions/comments for further development.

RelicFest ver-0.2

salahudeen.

P.S It's for TC

AuthorReplies:
_o0XxX0o_
Squire
posted 10-22-00 11:12 AM CT (US)     1 / 2       

OK...I just looked at your Scenario, and I thought that it was a promising multiplayer game

Here are some comments

-it is a four player game
-when you play multiplayer you must mention that players must keep the same color, or the game will be messed up.
-it was a good idea to make it so your villagers can't build town centers and docks.
-I think that the generation of units is a little too fast, making it so that the enemy has to travel too far for any attack to be effective.
-the scenario generates too many monks and villagers, (I had to keep killing my own villagers and monks to keep within the pop limit.
-a player's created monks and villagers are tasked to the same exact area, making separating them an annoying task. It would be better if you tasked them to different locations
-There are no messages whatsoever. You should put all the information that was in the introduction messages onto your scenario instruction and objectives box, so the player can refer back to them in case they missed them on the "Display instruction" series.
All in all, this is a great Idea for a multiplayer scenario, however I think that this game might be redone a little so that there won't be a long drawn out deadlock.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 10-22-2000).]

salahudeen
Squire
posted 10-22-00 01:23 PM CT (US)     2 / 2       
Thanks _o0XxX0o_,

quote:
-when you play multiplayer you must mention that players must keep the same color, or the game will be messed up.

I'm not sure what you meant by this?

quote:
-it was a good idea to make it so your villagers can't build town centers and docks.

Yep, docks would destroy the purpose of the game (to have a big battle over the centre), but I was thinking about putting in some shore fish, what do you think? Also with the no TC's, I wanted it so people really 'hung out' for the villie generation, but as you've mentioned below, you actually end up with an excess of them. Also I need to add the other TC techs into the game somehow.

quote:
-I think that the generation of units is a little too fast, making it so that the enemy has to travel too far for any attack to be effective.

Yeh the travelling back and forth can become a little tedious, perhaps the military units should task a little more towards the centre of the map?

quote:
-the scenario generates too many monks and villagers, (I had to keep killing my own villagers and monks to keep within the pop limit.

It's currently every 2 mins, I was thinking maybe 3 or 5 mins apart, but it means that the collection of gold is too slow to begin with, maybe I should make it get slower, or put a cap on the monk/villie pop.

quote:
-a player's created monks and villagers are tasked to the same exact area, making separating them an annoying task. It would be better if you tasked them to different locations

If they weren't coming out so rapidly, this might not be so bad, but yes it can take up valuable time.

quote:
-There are no messages whatsoever. You should put all the information that was in the introduction messages onto your scenario instruction and objectives box, so the player can refer back to them in case they missed them on the "Display instruction" series.

I will polish all this kind of stuff up later I think, gonna concentrate on the game play first. But thanks for reminding me, I guess this stuff is quite handy, if you miss an instruction it can stuff the game up for you.

Thanks again,

salahudeen.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames