You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Idea for hot seat AoK
Bottom
Topic Subject:Idea for hot seat AoK
Cloud
Squire
posted 01-12-01 04:16 PM CT (US)         
A couple of minutes ago, I came up with an idea for a turn-based AoK: It requires three triggers, something like:

Trigger 0:
DEACTIVATE TRIGGER 2

Trigger 1: Timer 15
CHANGE OWNERSHIP OF PLAYER 1 TO PLAYER 2
CHANGE OWNERSHIP OF PLAYER 2 TO PLAYER 1
Deactivate trigger 0
Activate trigger 2

Trigger 2: Timer 15

Deactivate trigger 1
Activate trigger 0

Those of you who've got some basic trigger experience will know what it does --after a 15-second "turn" (which is kind of short, I may make'em longer), player 1 is turned over to the computer (using an AI file that makes the units keep on their tasks, like Immobile AI). Then, player 2's units are turned over to player 1, and player 2 can control his empire on the same computer for 15 seconds. Then, player 1 gets control of his empire.

The idea was good, and it could work, if only the effects in the trigger was carried out Simultaneously.; They aren't. AoK carries them out after each others, so this happens:

1: You get control of player 2's units. This is what is supposed to happen.

2: Your units (Player 1's units) are being turned over to player 2, but also the newly aquired player 2 units.. and you're defeated. That was not exactly supposed to happen .

Anyone have suggestions for how to do this? Playing more than one on the same computer would be a whole new world, if only we can manage to keep the newly aquired units. Anyone have suggestions?

AuthorReplies:
Dastal
Squire
posted 01-12-01 06:58 PM CT (US)     1 / 8       
Won't work. First, upgrades are useless second, I can attack you and you can't do a damn thing about it.

[Dastal]
[Semper Veritas, Semper Vinsebale.]-[Always Truthful, Always Conquering.]
[Gamebanshee]-[Making your gaming scream!]
Byz
Squire
(id: Byzantine_Warrior)
posted 01-12-01 07:13 PM CT (US)     2 / 8       
A little harsh Dastal. I think it's cool although I don't care for turn based games. It will require a lot of patiance.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
Dastal
Squire
posted 01-12-01 07:19 PM CT (US)     3 / 8       
While I admit it's harsh, it is the truth.

[Dastal]
Cloud
Squire
posted 01-13-01 06:48 AM CT (US)     4 / 8       
I don't think you would need patience if the turn was just 15 seconds . Okay, I could make that longer.
millen
Squire
posted 01-13-01 06:58 AM CT (US)     5 / 8       
Dastal, please visit the thread "lend me your ears"
Dastal
Squire
posted 01-13-01 06:10 PM CT (US)     6 / 8       
I'm not gonna flame you. I did read the post and I just will say that if I have four trebuches, I can ahve them unpacked and launcing there first round before you can do anything about it. Then you have fifteen seconds to respond. if I have guarded my treebuches, you won't even kill one of them. then in the next fifteen seconds I fire three shots and can kill anything including your castle. It's a lot of work to do any kind of triggered scenario and I would hate for all that work to be done in vain.

[Dastal]
Cloud
Squire
posted 01-14-01 10:56 AM CT (US)     7 / 8       
I understand what you mean, but with some kind of AI file using a "Respond to attack" signal or something, your military would take care of itself for the 15 seconds.
Cloud
Squire
posted 01-14-01 10:59 AM CT (US)     8 / 8       
By the way, this would work for FF games: Say that player 1 has only Samurai and player 2 has only Jaguar Warriors.

Now, with a little altering:

Trigger 0:
DEACTIVATE TRIGGER 2

Trigger 1: Timer 15
CHANGE OWNERSHIP OF PLAYER 1 TO PLAYER 2 -Samurai
CHANGE OWNERSHIP OF PLAYER 2 TO PLAYER 1 -Jaguar Warriors
Deactivate trigger 0
Activate trigger 2

Trigger 2: Timer 15

CHANGE OWNERSHIP OF PLAYER 2 TO PLAYER 1 -Jaguar Warriors
CHANGE OWNERSHIP OF PLAYER 2 TO PLAYER 1 -Samurai
Deactivate trigger 1
Activate trigger 0

"-Samurai" and "-Jaguar Warrior" is Object Type --I'll go right at testing that, it should work!

Cloud

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames