You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » help a newbie plz=)
Bottom
Topic Subject:help a newbie plz=)
Samson209
Squire
posted 01-13-01 06:23 PM CT (US)         
I've never written a shred of code in my life (besides html). i've downloaded the cpsb or whatever, and the trigger guide thingy on scn punk. (plz excuse the vauge names, i don't know them off the top of my head, and i don't have time to find out, babysitting, lol) So i think I have the basic materials to learn the basics of writing ai script and triggers.

However, I need some clarification on what to do with what i make. u put it in a .per file in the ai file that's in the aok directory right? u also make an .ai file of the same name with nothing inside that one, in the same place right? if so, how do u put that code to work in your scenarios?

what about triggers? is that what the text editor in the map editor for?

answers to these questions, and any other misc. help will be appreciated, ty!=)

AuthorReplies:
penguini_1
Squire
posted 01-13-01 06:29 PM CT (US)     1 / 3       
The option to choose the "personallity" of the players is in "Players" in the upper menu of the editor. Click the down arrow on the right of the word "Standard" [you'll find it eventually]
hope this helps!

Cherub at Empire Earth Heaven - Administrator and Developer of Degrees of Zero Design
DJ
OD Core Group
posted 01-13-01 07:21 PM CT (US)     2 / 3       
and 'bout triggers: they're really simple (not complex trigger tricks, offcourse). it basicly comes down to condition->effect stuff. for example, if you want a soldier to die after 15 seconds, put condition timer=15 and effect kill unit (and select that soldier) hope this helps
JNewt2
Squire
posted 01-15-01 09:36 AM CT (US)     3 / 3       
I also have a trigger tutorial in the http://www.aok.heavengames.com/downloads/index.shtml that you might wanna download or check out the one Falcon was making. My tutorial's ID is 155.

Formerly known as JNewt
GO Wildcats!
Email Me at: i_luv_peas@hotmail.com
JNewt.com

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames