You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » how do u put gold and rocks on map
Bottom
Topic Subject:how do u put gold and rocks on map
battletime
Squire
posted 01-26-01 06:24 AM CT (US)         
im a newbie and just tried to make a map all i could do was put trees water and most everything else except gold and rocks can someone email me about how to do this thank you gdree@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by battletime (edited 01-29-2001).]

AuthorReplies:
Cerwin_Vega
Squire
posted 01-26-01 07:18 AM CT (US)     1 / 19       
Wow.. this question really is asked A LOT.

Go to the Units and down at bottom left where you select the player for the unit, select Gaia. Then click on other and both are in there.

•€•—•€•—•€•———Ηιrwρ Vιgε———•€•—•€•—•€•
•€•—•€•—•€•————Nψdεmρ §tudψ————•€•—•€•—•€•
•€•—•€•—•€•——Εrηhκrs Θl‘tκ €FINAL€ (4.6 - Best of)——•€•—•€•—•€•
•€•—•€•—•€•——RON: Level Designer——•€•—•€•—•€•
•€•—•€•—•€•—MyUnreal Forum - Moderator—•€•—•€•—•€•
The Conquistador
Squire
posted 01-26-01 07:32 PM CT (US)     2 / 19       
Please check out some newbie tutorials before embarrassing yourself with dumb questions such as this one.

http://www.scnnetwork.com/corners/stan

Nobody forced you to read that site, remember

aztecgod
Squire
posted 01-26-01 08:46 PM CT (US)     3 / 19       
yeah, really, go check out a tutorial or something before embarrasing yourself. Or better yet, have some common sense and actually LOOK FOR IT YOURSELF.

-"We've had one breakfast yes, but what about second breakfast?
-*Needs to be reinspired, E-mail me your scenarios.*
Petey
Squire
posted 01-26-01 10:39 PM CT (US)     4 / 19       
Don't listen to these jerks insult you Battletime. It took me a day or two of looking, before I asked my friend how to. How is this a dumb question?
Tonto_johnlee
Squire
posted 01-27-01 03:53 AM CT (US)     5 / 19       
It's a dumb question because the foo didn't have the sense to look in Gaia. I never had to ask this question before because I looked everywhere for it.

I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!

-- General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord
Ingo van Thiel
Squire
posted 01-27-01 06:06 AM CT (US)     6 / 19       
battletime,

welcome. You might have found the answer to your question in the FAQ section, but don't let people get you down. Your question has been asked a lot of times here in this forum, so some people get annoyed by reading it over and over again. If you look for the key word "gold mines" with the search function, you'll find many posts with that topic... and almost everyone who asked this question has been flamed.

Guys:

Leave him alone, he said he was newbie. Newbies have a right to ask newbie questions. Is this forum meant to help each other or what? Think about it: If so many people don't find the gold mines, there must be a reason for that. I mean, how many beginners would expect to find gold mines under "units"?

I suggest to answer future questions with a simple "Go to Units/Gaia/Other." Everything else is superfluous. Especially comments on how dumb you find this question.

Ingo

Cerwin_Vega
Squire
posted 01-27-01 06:34 AM CT (US)     7 / 19       
Battletime... don't mind stan or aztec or that other guy, they just don't have any better to do than insult newbies which is disgusting since this is supposed to be a helpful forum.

Why didn't you guys just skip this post? Why must you come and insult someone for asking this question? I think this shows that you are really full of yourselves and you need to relax and not get yourselves so worked up over a simple question. No matter what it may be.

Tevious
Squire
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 01-27-01 12:37 PM CT (US)     8 / 19       
I don't think stan the conqueror or aztec was insulting him, just giving good advise that he should explore a little before he goes and ask a dumb question and embarrace himself. Hopefully from now on, he might look arround a little better before he'll ask another dumb question and feel stupid for asking it. BTW, it is a dumb question, any newbie should look through the whole map editor, when they can't find something.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ΄ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ΔŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by The Vampire Slayer (edited 01-27-2001).]

Cerwin_Vega
Squire
posted 01-27-01 01:13 PM CT (US)     9 / 19       
What kind of "helpful" forum is this?? Most everyone has an attitude if you ask newbie questions. I know at first I didn't see the rocks or relics or gold and so forth when I first started, but I eventually found them. But to say that they are asking a "dumb" or "stupid" question is an ignorant statement. If it's such a dumb/stupid question then why do so many ask it?? Man there are some real @$$h0|e$ on this forum. On our unreal tournament forum everyone is helpful and polite to others feelings and needs, but here, people jump at the chance to ridicule someone else just because they are new at it.

Hawkju
Squire
posted 01-27-01 01:19 PM CT (US)     10 / 19       
I blame Microsoft for this question. They really did put it in a bad place. I mean, there is virtually no reason for you to think that Gaia would be in the list of players. You would just think that is a list of players to choose, and not even look at it. I know it took me a while to find.
Anyway, I dont think you should yell at newbies either. Although I do agree you might want to check the guides first, but that is still no excuse to get ****ed at someone for asking a question.

Hawk

Greg_Egan
Squire
posted 01-27-01 07:31 PM CT (US)     11 / 19       
It is the little things in life that make you laugh. Unfortanately, you just way to stupid. Might I suggest you try a different game, such as something made by....Tonka?
Tevious
Squire
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 01-28-01 01:42 AM CT (US)     12 / 19       
Hawku, microsoft has nothing to do with how the game was made. The game was made by Ensemble Studios, Microsoft is just their publisher. And I think it makes sence that it in gaia. Gaia is an actual player, but you can't play as it. Actually it's hard to explain but it makes sence.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ΄ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ΔŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
Lord Frederic
Squire
posted 01-28-01 04:26 AM CT (US)     13 / 19       
Use as player player gaia and go to other.There you find rock and gold to put in your map
Petey
Squire
posted 01-28-01 03:26 PM CT (US)     14 / 19       
Do some of you guys honestly think he is so stupid just for overlooking some un-obvious part of the game? Greg, get a life. Why not get out of this forum, go to an elementaryschool, and make fun of the kids who can't quite understand math? Why not? Beacuase you have no right you egotistical jerk. Has there ever been anything that you didn't understand? Point made. Feel free to argue, I like a good idiot-debate.
Bearded_Dragon
Squire
posted 01-28-01 03:34 PM CT (US)     15 / 19       
It's not a dumb question, we ALL become NEW at something!

Scenario Designer for Wildfire Studios. Click here to visit Wildfire Studios.
Wildfire Studios fourms Here
Greg_Egan
Squire
posted 01-28-01 04:02 PM CT (US)     16 / 19       
That was yesterday Petey. This is today. I have gotten a hold of myself. Sorry everybody!
ca_aok
Squire
posted 02-03-01 07:04 PM CT (US)     17 / 19       
All you have to do is go under the units tab, select gaia as player (or press 0), go to the other section, and they appear on the list. voila!

-------------------------------------------------------------

ca_aok

-------------------------------------------------------------

okay, u guys r being very harsh. he's a newbie, he didn't know better.

[This message has been edited by ca_aok (edited 02-03-2001).]

The Conquistador
Squire
posted 02-03-01 07:30 PM CT (US)     18 / 19       
That's some fiery attitude you got there, Vega.

The point is, this doesn't have to be a helpful forum if the people in here don't want to help. I help a lot of newbies, but sometimes I just get so angry that they ask questions that have been answered a million times. Maybe Ingo has the patience but I don't.

And I don't get impatient if it's an intelligent question that have some challenge in it and is not easily understood by someone new to the editor.

PS It's Stan the Conquistador!!!!!! Not Conqueror.

http://www.scnnetwork.com/corners/stan

Nobody forced you to read that site, remember

AzN
Forumer
(id: AznKnightmare)
posted 02-03-01 08:01 PM CT (US)     19 / 19       
You guys are awfully rude to newbies. Notice alot of these people who ask these question dont came back ever again to this fourm. Its because your stupid attitudes (yea, you know who you are)against newbies make them feel "not welcomed". Then if they dont ask questions, they will stay a newbie forever (well, some of them). Too bad...

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGames • Empires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score • 3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames