You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Problem with a triggers
Bottom
Topic Subject:Problem with a triggers
MagyarCrusader
Squire
posted 02-04-01 01:19 AM CT (US)         
I am creating a multiplayer battle scenario and I've encountered a problem I don't know how to get around. The idea is manuever your hero around the map to certain places marked by flags. When your hero reaches a particularily special place, all of your units on the map are to get an attack bonus. This is to be all your units you currently have, and all units you produce in the future. So what I did was have a condition when the unit reaches the point, it activates another trigger. This is the trigger that gives the attack bonus, its condition is timer=1, and its target area is the entire map. It is looping, so newly produced units will get the bonus as well. This is the way I would want it to work but it doesn't. It keeps adding 3 attack points every second to all your units. I want it to add the 3 points once per unit. How do I do this?

I thought about using technologies such as forging to do the trick. The problem is, there is no "unresearch" effect that I am aware of. If the hero leaves the flag area or dies, I want all your units to lose the bonus. So, does anyone know something that can help me out?

AuthorReplies:
Meat_Wagon_
Squire
posted 02-04-01 01:31 AM CT (US)     1 / 4       
give up dude. It can't be done.

A proud member of Woad Creations!
Currently working on: BattleBots 6.0 and Hassen The Assassin.
Nick
Squire
posted 02-04-01 02:36 AM CT (US)     2 / 4       
Interesting. If there were a limit to the attack you could add, like HP then it would be possible.

If so, just subtract attack using that and add it back after the units are made.

I'll get back with this topic tommorow, if it doens't drop too far. I'm going to try and find out if there's an attack addition limit.

NICK
AKA |::| EIGHTBALL
Scenario Designer & Intermediate Ager
~
Cerwin_Vega
Squire
posted 02-04-01 08:09 AM CT (US)     3 / 4       
I agree with Meaty... I don't think it can be done. Unless you produce the units in the same place each time afterwards and set that as your area for upgrading hps. Like the blood i did for multi the units always spawn in the same place. So when the unit is created it will receive the additional hps and then move so that he doesn't receive any more. This may be your only alternative. Hope this helps ya.

•€•—•€•—•€•———Ηιrwρ Vιgε———•€•—•€•—•€•
•€•—•€•—•€•————Nψdεmρ §tudψ————•€•—•€•—•€•
•€•—•€•—•€•——Εrηhκrs Θl‘tκ €FINAL€ (4.6 - Best of)——•€•—•€•—•€•
•€•—•€•—•€•——RON: Level Designer——•€•—•€•—•€•
•€•—•€•—•€•—MyUnreal Forum - Moderator—•€•—•€•—•€•
Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 02-04-01 09:13 AM CT (US)     4 / 4       
Actually, the problem is simple.

When your hero goes somewhere and you activate that attack trigger, be sure that it's starting state is OFF.

And hero die thing:
make a trigger
condition: destroy object_____set object:your hero
effect1 deactivate trigger_____trigger:attack trigger

Did you got it?

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama

[This message has been edited by Lt_Surge99 (edited 02-04-2001).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames