You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Gladiator Campaign
Bottom
Topic Subject:Gladiator Campaign
hZ_Xerxes
Squire
posted 06-06-01 08:48 PM CT (US)         
Ok ok now that you've all sighed and said "Well like I haven't seen that one a million times..." Allow me to explain what I'm doing here...
A while back a friend and I were working on a Gladiator Campaign that basically retells the whole movie in AoC. This will probably be unlike any other Gladiator Campaign you've seen because this one is not so much a playing one as watching one. Thats right, rather than controlling hundreds of units in Germania you are only in charge of Maximus and his calvary. The computer with the help of triggers and an AI script we wrote quarrel with the Germanics as you move your calvary in for the flank.
This was our idea from the start and originally we were going to use the Byzantines...that is until WFS released the Roman modpack, now we are using that and I must say everything looks much better with the new Roman units.
The battle of Germania Scenario is complete but the only problem is that it only works in test mode for some reason (A little help from that for anyone who knows) The battle contains some sounds from the movie and much of the dialouge. We are currently working on the scene where Commodus enters and the whole deal at the Roman encampment.
As I mentioned earlier we are using a ton of trigger work and different AI scripts to get the effect we want to make the scenario enjoyable to watch and play.

Horizons Clan
http://www.hz.f2s.com/
AuthorReplies:
Knight_Of_The_Templar
Squire
posted 06-06-01 09:02 PM CT (US)     1 / 10       
That Gladiator Campaign sounds like a great idea, but are you really gonna make it? What I'm saying is that in a couple of months/weeks EE and AoM are going to be released and there wont be too much activity in Heaven Games. Well, you can always try.
Knight_Of_The_Templar
Squire
posted 06-06-01 09:03 PM CT (US)     2 / 10       
That Gladiator Campaign sounds like a great idea, but are you really gonna make it? What I'm saying is that in a couple of months/weeks EE and AoM are going to be released and there wont be too much activity in Heaven Games. Well, you can always try.
hZ_Xerxes
Squire
posted 06-06-01 09:10 PM CT (US)     3 / 10       
I don't think AOM will be comin out in a while and frankly i don't think EE will impact AOK that much...when you look at it...a lot of people still play ror so i'm not too concerned.
Of course I'm going to make this campaign the first mission is already done...I like making scenarios anyway so I don't care too much if a lot of people don't really play it.
Dastal
Squire
posted 06-06-01 09:15 PM CT (US)     4 / 10       
Yeah, EE ain't coming out 'till November...

[Dastal]
[Semper Veritas, Semper Vinsebale.]-[Always Truthful, Always Conquering.]
[Gamebanshee]-[Making your gaming scream!]
The Ztolk
Squire
(id: Ztolk)
posted 06-06-01 09:35 PM CT (US)     5 / 10       
Here's a trick I made for Gladiators.

Put two enemy champions on a tiny island with something else off the island

Trigger 0
No looping

Timer, 0
Effect change player 1 unit hp to 1000, attack to 30?

Trigger 1
Looping on
Own fewer objects, enemy champion, 1 (or 0, I forget)
Effect: Create object, enemy champion, nearby

When you kill an enemy, another one pops up. It's pretty cool

Ztolk
Stronghold Heaven Cherub
Knight_Of_The_Templar
Squire
posted 06-06-01 09:43 PM CT (US)     6 / 10       
I thought EE was coming out in June or July? Oh well.
Brave Sir Robin
Squire
posted 06-07-01 04:43 PM CT (US)     7 / 10       
Ooops. Double post.

[This message has been edited by Brave Sir Robin (edited 06-07-2001 @ 04:43 PM).]

Brave Sir Robin
Squire
posted 06-07-01 04:43 PM CT (US)     8 / 10       
Hey Xerxes, what is the actual name of the scenario? Is it something like: "Gladiator campaign scenario one done some triggers"? What I mean, is that the name may be too long- try to Save As with a shorter name, then load it normally.

Brave Sir Robin
Expert combiner of official Stronghold art.
Knavish Knave of Knavery, The Tragedie of BSR.
Scenario Designer and Member of Tsunami Studios.
Head of The Tsuniversity

The_Chimera
Banned
posted 06-07-01 05:41 PM CT (US)     9 / 10       
ok so what is EE?
RoRLegion
Squire
posted 06-07-01 05:52 PM CT (US)     10 / 10       
EE=Empire Earth

RoRLegion
.:FireDrill:.
You must be logged in to post messages.