You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Pretty Pretty Pretty Rome....
Bottom
Topic Subject:Pretty Pretty Pretty Rome....
roMaximum
Squire
posted 06-07-01 11:27 PM CT (US)         
So who all is going to submit (or plan on it) a map for the "Pretty Rome" contest? I am.... but who else?

As he was valiant, I honor him. But as he was ambitious, I slew him.
- Marcus Brutus; Julius Caesar, Scene 2, Act 3

rAoK: For The Maximum in Age of Kings <-- My web page
romaximum@subdimension.com 101303519

AuthorReplies:
Gawain
Squire
posted 06-07-01 11:34 PM CT (US)     1 / 12       
I'll try. It prolly won't be very good tho. City designing has never been one of my specialties

USMC
roMaximum
Squire
posted 06-07-01 11:36 PM CT (US)     2 / 12       
Yeah, I figured I'd give it a try too, city design is a little lowely but I am hoping my eyecandy will make up for it.

Gawain
Squire
posted 06-07-01 11:40 PM CT (US)     3 / 12       
Yeah, that is what I am hoping too. Although having a large city filled with mainly terrian and gaia units won't get high marks

USMC
roMaximum
Squire
posted 06-07-01 11:46 PM CT (US)     4 / 12       
I'll give away my basic city but all of my eye candy is Classified G-14 so no one can hear about it.

In the middle there's my city, in the central of the city there is a large ****** area for the peasents to **** and *****. Roads lead off from there through a small "park" type road, one leads off into a swirvy road with all the houses on it, another leads off to the temple/worship area. Theres barracks and stables and archer ranges and I'm gonna have soldiers patrol the area, even tho triggers don't count. Then there are outlying farming and mining towns and a seceret eyecandy in the nearby woods. I'm about 75% done with the map. I think I'm gonna put triggers that describe the area with the "object visible" so they can understand what's happening in the eyecandy/town.

roMaximum
Squire
posted 06-08-01 08:09 AM CT (US)     5 / 12       

RoRLegion
Squire
posted 06-08-01 10:54 AM CT (US)     6 / 12       
I'll do it once my campaign is released.

RoRLegion
.:FireDrill:.
Andres_age
Squire
posted 06-08-01 11:03 AM CT (US)     7 / 12       
I dont know if ill do... but id like the Latin Design Team could enter like a team...
sandy_pants
Squire
posted 06-08-01 12:03 PM CT (US)     8 / 12       
Sice you can submit two entries i thought that if I could submit two for my self and two for my design company and t5he members could submit two we would seriously up our chances of wining, but that couldn't be fair to any one esle... the town is separated in to 3 portions, govermental, millatary, and pleben. the map is my pro-pleban assult on the roman empire, I gave the plebs all the crummy yurts and made them farm MILE HIGH CORN! it'll probilly some points for layering and controled battles, i got the legonares to garrison in rams and take out the enemys camp, unfortetly, they took out the plebans instead... BBD, the best use of fire, farms, and bamboo out there.

Head designer, founder, spokesperson, poster, and LEADER WHO IS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS!,of bamboo blaze design .
Quote:
some day you'll see things my way
Quote:
Hello, I'm doctor worm
laffingdonkey
Squire
posted 06-08-01 07:25 PM CT (US)     9 / 12       
I saw something somewhere about they don';t care about triggers, they just want city design I deleted my entry when I saw that and am not entering.

'If theres anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.'
roMaximum
Squire
posted 06-08-01 07:27 PM CT (US)     10 / 12       
Yeah, it kinda sucks. I'm still gonna use some to keep my villagers moving and soldiers patroling. I don't care if it's not going to influence them or not.

laffingdonkey
Squire
posted 06-08-01 07:31 PM CT (US)     11 / 12       
well my whole idea was to have a roman city on the far west side of the map and do a HUGE country side. Put up some walls around the sity and make a large vineyard/farm/slum and have tns of villigers working. I would then give them 2-3 minutes to look around and then suddenly a massive army will come and attack, and then I will create a mass of legions to swarm out of the gates and have a huge battle.

but no, they don't want to see the mod in ACTION they want to see their mod standing still. Bah

'If theres anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.'
roMaximum
Squire
posted 06-08-01 08:32 PM CT (US)     12 / 12       
LOL, do it anyways, they said it won't give you extra points but it would still rock. =0

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames