You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.22 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » News Discussion » Double the Green!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Double the Green!
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08-14-14 10:51 PM CT (US)         
Setting an Olympic Record (OR) is a major feat. Even more of a feat is setting a World Record (WR). What you all didn't know is that there is an even greater feat: the HR, the Heaven Record. These records are so rarely set, the name doesn't even sound right. Heaven Record...Heavens Record...Record set in Heaven...whatever. The point is that today we are likely setting an HR at HeavenGames tonight! Today we are witnessing the rise of four new cherubs to join the Age of Kings Heaven staff team: Popeychops, HockeySam18, John the Late, and Possidon, bringing our total number of cherubs to eight. What a group!

With four new staff members, things are obviously going to change a bit. Popeychops will help moderate the Town's Crier and manage the University. In addition, he is planning a new feature, so stay tuned. HockeySam18 will help keep the site up to date with AoK:HD and AoF, the new version and expansion of the game released on Steam as well as helping out in numerous places. John the Late will help moderate the Scenario Design and Modding forum and post updates for the Continuous Screenshot Competition. Lastly, Possidon will help moderate the Scenario Design and Modding forum as well as reviewing files at the Blacksmith. I will be stepping down as a moderator of the Scenario Design and Modding forum to focus on publishing University articles and site content. Of course, we may upset the fruit basket again at a later date, so keep your eyes glued to this page! With four new cherubs, you know there's change in the wind...

Come here to congratulate these four new cherubs! We know that you all will be great additions to the staff here at AoKH!

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 08-15-2014 @ 06:47 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Jetkill Fastmurder
Squire
(id: Mayank Sharma)
posted 08-15-14 03:18 AM CT (US)     1 / 22       
Congrats to everybody!

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel
Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Census II
fr steve
Squire
posted 08-15-14 03:55 AM CT (US)     2 / 22       
Good recruitment! AOKH shall stay alive forever!

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
Lord Sipia
Knight
posted 08-15-14 05:33 AM CT (US)     3 / 22       
Holy...

That's a lot of staffers suddenly.

"You can't open up the story of my life and just go to page 738 and think you know me."
--Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson (on judging people by their Google search history)

"It's hard to have an existential crisis when everything is so pretty."
--Dan "Danny Sexbang" Avidan
Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 08-15-14 07:19 AM CT (US)     4 / 22       
Grats Popey, Possidon, John and Sam!

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
Reganknight
Squire
(id: Reganknight1597)
posted 08-15-14 07:23 AM CT (US)     5 / 22       
Congratulations to you guys!

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ )¬,|¯ (¬ /-\ |\| |/¬ |\| | (¬ |-| --|--
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II
Lord Basse
MI6 Scenario-Making Machine
posted 08-15-14 08:53 AM CT (US)     6 / 22       
Welcome aboard, chaps! Good to see you all in green!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 95,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 08-15-14 09:50 AM CT (US)     7 / 22       
Thanks guys

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
Possidon
Slayer
posted 08-15-14 09:58 AM CT (US)     8 / 22       
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 08-15-14 12:10 PM CT (US)     9 / 22       
Thanks for all the kind words, chaps.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
panel
Squire
posted 08-15-14 04:11 PM CT (US)     10 / 22       
This is surely one of the coolest things that happened ever since I came to HG. I have been waiting a long time for you guys to become staff but I honestly didn't see it coming all at once. I even feel a certain amount of pride knowing that, in the case of Possidon and Sam, I had a small part to play in your development as designers/reviewers. As for Popey , he's been around and was an official reviewer/established forummer long before I even arrived, so it was about time for him to get some wings John is the only one that doesn't qualify as an oldie by any standard but he always struck me as one of the most level-headed people on here, so the choice is logical.

To sum it up I couldn't think of any people better suited for the job. Congratulations and best of luck to you guys!
Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 08-15-14 04:47 PM CT (US)     11 / 22       
Good to see you here panel

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
Possidon
Slayer
posted 08-15-14 05:01 PM CT (US)     12 / 22       
in the case of Possidon and Sam, I had a small part to play in your development as designers/reviewers.
Thanks Panel and I agree. You certainly played a huge part in my development with your helpful advise. I hope life since you left is treating you well
John is the only one that doesn't qualify as an oldie by any standard
I'm an oldie now am I? Thats wierd.
To sum it up I couldn't think of any people better suited for the job. Congratulations and best of luck to you guys!
Cheers. I hope I can do AOKH proud with my work
John the Late
Knight
posted 08-15-14 05:15 PM CT (US)     13 / 22       
Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 08-15-14 05:34 PM CT (US)     14 / 22       
I'm an oldie now am I? Thats wierd.
You just asked if you are an oldie, that automatically removes the title from you and now you have start over again.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
panel
Squire
posted 08-15-14 06:13 PM CT (US)     15 / 22       
Good to see you here panel
I hope life since you left is treating you well
thanks. I was in a pretty dark place and that's part of why I left, but I'm kinda getting back to normal now. Hopefully I'll be more active around here too in the future.
I'm an oldie now am I?
Not really but calling you one makes me look like one too
Possidon
Slayer
posted 08-15-14 06:26 PM CT (US)     16 / 22       
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 08-15-14 09:21 PM CT (US)     17 / 22       
Thanks a lot for everything, Panel. I'm glad that things are getting better for you- here's to hoping you end up being around here more
Not really but calling you one makes me look like one too
Couldn't help but think of this

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
Cysion
VIP Forgotten Empires
posted 08-16-14 06:08 AM CT (US)     18 / 22       
Congrats all =)
scripter64
Wolved
posted 08-16-14 01:39 PM CT (US)     19 / 22       
Congratulations and thank you for all of your time and effort!
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 08-16-14 04:32 PM CT (US)     20 / 22       
Holy cherubim, Batman!

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 08-16-14 04:52 PM CT (US)     21 / 22       
Thanks Scripter, and likewise!