You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18, Barbarossa89, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1201 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » Are many people aware of the original Age of Empires 2 graphics?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Are many people aware of the original Age of Empires 2 graphics?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37 38 39 40 41 ··· 48  Next Page »
ELiTE TEUTONiC
Squire
posted 01-15-11 08:55 AM CT (US)         
I'm not sure if there are many long termers here (by long termers I mean original Age of Empires 2 fans who were around with its inception) but the game actually had different graphics to what you see in the final game. This version was scrapped, and to be honest with you I find the original graphics quite appealing. I will try and find the original magazine pictures and scan if for you.

Firm believer in micro-management.
Introducing one of the greatest 2D RTS Medieval mods, Sword & Arrow: European Wars

[This message has been edited by ELiTE TEUTONiC (edited 09-12-2011 @ 09:14 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
local boi
Squire
(id: dragon14)
posted 09-16-12 11:44 PM CT (US)     951 / 1201       
Sounds cool.
Matt, what would Age of Empires IV been like? Spaceman? WWII? A reboot of the first game? I mean it'd be hard to have the whole start with a town center and 3 villagers in the modern era, and spaceman kinda crosses paths with starcraft. What do ya think?

USA
katsup or mustard

[This message has been edited by local boi (edited 09-16-2012 @ 11:46 PM).]

ES_MattP
VIP
posted 09-17-12 01:18 AM CT (US)     952 / 1201       
There were two schools of thought for Age IV design that I knew of - neither of which went beyond the 'sitting around a table eating cheesesteaks and talking' stage.

One was from the industrial revolution through WW2 - the Atom bomb being the wonder.

The other was present day through about 2200ad with a Sci-fi angle.
TOAO_DaVe
Squire
(id: Tonto_DaVe)
posted 09-17-12 01:56 AM CT (US)     953 / 1201       
I like the sound of the former; feels like it would have completed the series. Begins with humans at the earliest stages of civilisation, and ending with the (okay, now relatively-) modern world.

Signed,
DaVe.

[This message has been edited by TOAO_DaVe (edited 09-17-2012 @ 01:56 AM).]

local boi
Squire
posted 09-17-12 02:37 AM CT (US)     954 / 1201       
oh. but yeah, whats a cheesesteak?

USA
katsup or mustard
ES_MattP
VIP
posted 09-17-12 02:57 AM CT (US)     955 / 1201       
local boi > oh. but yeah, whats a cheesesteak?

The source of "cheese steak jimmy's" - there use to be a location near the Ensemble Studios Office
Slartibartfast
Squire
posted 09-17-12 04:17 AM CT (US)     956 / 1201       
It looks like they haven't updated the website since the game came out Nice to know a bit of the story behind the game though

"His name has to be sneezed out" - Aro
"Slobberingbastardfart" - Scud
"Slutty-barf-fast" - Mozzarella Man

You should join I am Jack's Mafia
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 09-17-12 12:21 PM CT (US)     957 / 1201       
Those huge bagette things look AMAZING! It's times like this I wished I was in the USA.

It reminds of the man vs food ones, with cheese and pickles and chillis and really really tender steak in gravy and the bvaguette is dripped in steak juices and herbs and stuff....and the portion sizes!!!! mmmmmmm...
The source of "cheese steak jimmy's" - there use to be a location near the Ensemble Studios Office
Haha! That's a cool story.
Lurkur
Squire
(id: OtmShankIiI)
posted 09-17-12 01:28 PM CT (US)     958 / 1201       
One was from the industrial revolution through WW2 - the Atom bomb being the wonder.
I guess the Mark I would appear in the late game?

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
Cliffs! (4.5)

["I am the True God, Lua-kuh. Hhsssss. Start the Church of the Talking Lizard. Hssssssss. Build the Neo Temple. Spread the Word. Hssssssssssss. Follow meeeeeeeee... to... the otha... siiiiiiiide..."

And then he started belting out vague poetry about wanting to have sex with his mom." -From the great old Aro, about a dream I had.]
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
(id: Kastor)
posted 09-18-12 06:28 AM CT (US)     959 / 1201       
Nearer and nearer to the 1000 posts mark...
Draconian Devil
Squire
(id: DraconainDevil)
posted 09-18-12 08:36 AM CT (US)     960 / 1201       
Well thats a reason for one.
What about others?

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
AOE_IS_SWEET
Squire
posted 09-18-12 10:14 AM CT (US)     961 / 1201       
Only 39 more posts till 1,000!
chatyak
Squire
posted 09-18-12 02:02 PM CT (US)     962 / 1201       
I registered just to say that I wish The Conquerors was remade... AOK 2 Expansion was the top of the series... BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!

I've been with the series since AOE 1....

An updated game with a new engine / graphics, keeping the gameplay the same - a higher pop cap instead of 200, and a working lobby system unlike ESO...
anterior2
Scenario Design Expert
posted 09-19-12 00:23 AM CT (US)     963 / 1201       
What exactly happens when it reaches 1000?

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 09-19-12 00:26 AM CT (US)     964 / 1201       
Nuclear annihilation or something nice.

Let's find out!
local boi
Squire
posted 09-19-12 02:20 AM CT (US)     965 / 1201       
Tetsuo Shima: Those huge bagette things look AMAZING! It's times like this I wished I was in the USA.

It reminds of the man vs food ones, with cheese and pickles and chillis and really really tender steak in gravy and the bvaguette is dripped in steak juices and herbs and stuff....and the portion sizes!!!! mmmmmmm...

The stuff of fantasies and day dreams I tell you! It even sounds like it! I do, however, have food to fight back with. Down by the elementary school by the pond, there's a place called cafe 100; the main food is any variation on the loco moco, and I personally eat all the 3 scoops of rice, the two eggs, the tons of chili, mac salad and them smokie sausages, and spam on my plate. Can't beat that, it's cheap and good!

But damn that does sound really good. And who cares about aok cheats? The real bread and butter is in the originals!
bigdaddy
pow, which I've found works as long as it has a p in the start, o in the middle, and w in the end. Pretty sure you could even use other letters ! poooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
big momma

These cheats are really out there xD

USA
katsup or mustard

[This message has been edited by local boi (edited 09-19-2012 @ 02:29 AM).]

PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 09-19-12 07:20 AM CT (US)     966 / 1201       
What exactly happens when it reaches 1000?
The Age of Cookies expansion will be released. The new campaign will revolve around a biscuit looking for the caramel wizard.
ES_MattP
VIP
posted 09-20-12 02:56 AM CT (US)     967 / 1201       
anterior2 > What exactly happens when it reaches 1000?

Think of it like Kickstarter reaching a funding goal.

Hey, we can all dream
Elite Raider
Squire
posted 09-20-12 03:07 AM CT (US)     968 / 1201       
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
posted 09-20-12 05:19 AM CT (US)     969 / 1201       
Not implying that you're working indeed on such a thing, but don't you think the current browsergame and F2P era would be perfect for you to make the 2d AoE2-like game you wanted to create pages of pages ago?
Lurkur
Squire
posted 09-20-12 11:32 AM CT (US)     970 / 1201       
Microsoft would probably stick its nose in such idea, probably.

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
Cliffs! (4.5)

["I am the True God, Lua-kuh. Hhsssss. Start the Church of the Talking Lizard. Hssssssss. Build the Neo Temple. Spread the Word. Hssssssssssss. Follow meeeeeeeee... to... the otha... siiiiiiiide..."

And then he started belting out vague poetry about wanting to have sex with his mom." -From the great old Aro, about a dream I had.]

[This message has been edited by Lurkur (edited 09-20-2012 @ 11:37 AM).]

Basse
Squire
posted 09-20-12 12:33 PM CT (US)     971 / 1201       
F2P = Pay 2 win. I don't like it. I prefer the before, when I could go to a local store, pay for the game once and then have it on a DVD for whenever I want to play it!
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 09-20-12 12:44 PM CT (US)     972 / 1201       
I would definitely avoid such a title. Sadly enough, most publishers these days seem to prefer F2P to a regular title. (See also: Command and Conquer Generals 2 )
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
posted 09-20-12 03:07 PM CT (US)     973 / 1201       
basse, I guess then you were of the minority who didn't chose to pirate one game or the other. And in no way is F2P = P2Win all the time. There are a lot of titles that are like it, but not every successful title is like that.

You can love it or hate it, but it's the future (at least in short term). It's the PC gaming community's own fault to let this happen by pirating games. And there's no way anyone is go sell or play a non-F2P game in the browser, that's why I mentioned it in my question to Matt. I prefer boxed titles as well, but I find it useless to turn your backs from the future, and even more useless to bring it as an argument whether a game at it's core is good or bad.

[This message has been edited by Alexastor (edited 09-20-2012 @ 03:37 PM).]

Lurkur
Squire
posted 09-20-12 05:16 PM CT (US)     974 / 1201       
Well if that's the case, I'd well just drop RTS games altogether. I won't pay ~100 dollars, a few bucks a time, in order to enjoy a whole new game when I could pay 30 or 40 dollars for a full title in the past. No, that's just downright criminal IMO. If that's going to be the future, it's a pretty grim and unfair one.

Cliffs! (4.5)

[This message has been edited by Lurkur (edited 09-20-2012 @ 05:21 PM).]

MartiNZ
Squire
posted 09-20-12 06:57 PM CT (US)     975 / 1201       
Yes indeed it is not nice looking forward the way things are going. Making more money simply because people are impatient is pretty sad, and pay to win is just crazy. I didn't even like it when like AoE3 rewarded one for time invested with the home city levelling, but at least that is more defensible. Back in the day it was all about player skill .
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37 38 39 40 41 ··· 48  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames