You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18, Barbarossa89, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » Age Of Empires II TC patches
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age Of Empires II TC patches
ephestion
Squire
posted 08-12-12 12:54 PM CT (US)         
It Says File Missing
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ageIIConquerers/Update/1.0c/W982KMe/EN-US/Age2XPatch.exe

Can someone tell them the patches are missing for this game and AOE original?

Thanks!

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
AuthorReplies:
Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 08-12-12 01:20 PM CT (US)     1 / 19       
Yup. Not sure what's happened. It's been taken off their website all together.

However, we've uploaded it to the Blacksmith and updated the link on the home page.

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11438

[This message has been edited by Tetsuo Shima (edited 08-12-2012 @ 01:21 PM).]

ES_MattP
VIP
posted 08-12-12 04:01 PM CT (US)     2 / 19       
I'm going to ask around tomorrow and see if I can find out what the deal is. All I can say is don't worry at this time.
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 08-12-12 04:20 PM CT (US)     3 / 19       
It only seems to be the TC patch that has been removed.
Basse
Squire
posted 08-12-12 08:16 PM CT (US)     4 / 19       
Aoe1 1.0c patch too
ephestion
Squire
posted 08-13-12 10:21 AM CT (US)     5 / 19       
I couldn't handle the betrayal and I let them know on their current AOEO site.

http://forums.ageofempiresonline.com/forums/thread/260072.aspx

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 08-13-12 11:06 AM CT (US)     6 / 19       
So even though you do not have any idea about their motives you post an extreme rant which is not helping the AoK community whatsoever.

Why?
ephestion
Squire
posted 08-13-12 01:19 PM CT (US)     7 / 19       
Because I have had a grudge against them since they sacked Ensemble Studios!

Plus the fact the didn't give a damn about us all these years, not one update or patch to fix balance issues atleast. I am envious of the Blizzard crowd, jealous you might say. They get treated like gold with new patch updates all the time for even their oldest games.

I am really angry with MS and their attempts to enter the gaming arena. I would never want them to dominate it like they did with XBox again. Not with the kind of service they have given us over the years.

I think we should as a community send them a piece of our mind. Formally complain in a group action. That is where my rage is at the moment.

Even if they bring back the patches it doesn't stop them from doing the same things for future releases. I just spent over $200 on getting AOEO and already I am starting to see their old tricks shine through.

They got BatsyBatsy to create an online community. They had a whole bunch of guys from MS visiting the forums over at AOEO and now they have leaned back. Leaving the fans to help out in the technical problem threads. They didn't correct bugs that were present since early Beta, severe villager stalling bugs when they collect resources etc. Yet they keep releasing Civilisations and Booster packs etc. But for how long? What happens to the people that end up investing over 1K in the game? Do we get a server in 5 years time? If it was any other respected company we wouldn't even need to ask that question.

So yeah I am pissed off, I am angry, jealous and want them to take notice of these rants so that they can change their stupid redundancy policy on software. Maybe even re-instate a proper server for AOK and AOE. I know it won't happen, but that would have been the least they could do for us.

Elite Raider
Squire
posted 08-13-12 01:40 PM CT (US)     8 / 19       
Let it all out
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 08-13-12 01:44 PM CT (US)     9 / 19       
I think we should as a community send them a piece of our mind. Formally complain in a group action. That is where my rage is at the moment.
I find this ironic. Your post was terrible and even damaging to the very community you seem to think you represent.
I just spent over $200 on getting AOEO and already I am starting to see their old tricks shine through.
How is this related? You're only looking for a reason to rant at Microsoft.
So yeah I am pissed off, I am angry, jealous and want them to take notice of these rants so that they can change their stupid redundancy policy on software. Maybe even re-instate a proper server for AOK and AOE. I know it won't happen, but that would have been the least they could do for us.
As stated earlier, I think your post only decreased the potential for such a thing to happen. I wouldn't help someone who's yelling/swearing at me, would you?
Kataphraktoi
Squire
posted 08-13-12 04:48 PM CT (US)     10 / 19       
Sounds like to me your just angry at being fooled into playing(much less paying) for a farce of a game called AOEO and taking it out on the community.

[This message has been edited by Kataphraktoi (edited 08-13-2012 @ 04:49 PM).]

Sebastien
Dark Samurai
posted 08-13-12 04:53 PM CT (US)     11 / 19       
I think you've blown it out of proportion and honestly, I'm not worried at all. In fact, I'm the opposite; excited, to what might happen next.
ephestion
Squire
posted 08-16-12 01:05 PM CT (US)     12 / 19       
So has anyone from HG other than Matt sent them an email asking WTF?

ES_MattP
VIP
posted 08-16-12 04:10 PM CT (US)     13 / 19       
I haven't been able to find out a thing.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 08-16-12 05:30 PM CT (US)     14 / 19       
Next thing will be the official sites offline forgood... Thanks for trying Matt
dukla
Squire
posted 08-16-12 09:20 PM CT (US)     15 / 19       
...?
ephestion
Squire
posted 08-24-12 04:05 PM CT (US)     16 / 19       
Are you still trying Matt?

ES_MattP
VIP
posted 08-24-12 11:59 PM CT (US)     17 / 19       
ephestion, I've got an opportunity next month that might be helpful. I won't have any news before then.
ephestion
Squire
posted 08-25-12 01:59 AM CT (US)     18 / 19       
Ok thanks

ephestion
Squire
posted 08-31-12 05:32 AM CT (US)     19 / 19       
Looks like they are back online.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames