You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.220 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Wrath of the Traibs - Download Now!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Wrath of the Traibs - Download Now!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
Possidon
Slayer
posted 11-15-11 01:24 PM CT (US)         

Works-in-Progress Spotlight - January 2016

Story
Wrath of the Traibs follows the story of a mercenary named Alexander who is hired by a king and sent on a rescue mission:

"The Xandrian war has been the worst conflict in Dystonia for over a thousand years. Fought between two tribes, the Xanders and the Traibs, the war has been going for four years, and both sides are starting to grow weary.

I one last push to gain the upper hand King Sebastian of the Traibs has sent his top solder, Drent to spy on King Yassen of the Xanders to find a weakness in his battle strategy. However, after three weeks he still hasn’t returned…

You play as Alexander, a mercenary hired by Sebastian. Your job is to spy on The Xanders, tell Sebastian everything you know and find out what has happened to Drent..."

The Story itself is split into Three Parts:
The Rescue
The Revelation
The Retribution

About the Scenario
I started this scenario back in early 2010 but I gave up after about a month of working on it and lost it. In about February 2011 I found all of my documents on it and thought; "Hey this could make quite a nice scenario" so I drastically built up the story and created an entire new map from scratch. After many years of on-and-off again designing, I finally finished and uploaded the scenario in February 2019.

The Scenario is built on a Giant map and uses The_Slayer90's Crusade Expansion. It is set in the fictional fantasy world of Dystonia. The map is split into five Countries: Ehr, Zandria, Uldûrh, Versali and Lars. All of the people of world worship two Gods called Zachadom and Saphadema.

Features
A Giant Map of Central Dystonia, featuring the 5 Countries with many Towns, Settlements and Cities.
A huge Backstory about the History of the World, Religion and Characters.
Modded using The_Slayer90's Crusade Expansion.
Classic fantasy features such as magic and whole new fantasy world and strange beasts.
An Inventory System
Ability to Buy Buildings
Part 1 of a planned series
Music by awesome rock/metal bands such as: Skillet, Black Veil Brides, Biffy Clyro, Love Robot, & Epica.
Music by legendary orchestral groups such as: Immediate Music, Two Steps From Hell and X-Ray Dog, Future World Music & Audiomachine.
Music from epic film and TV composers such as: Hans Zimmer, Murray Gold, Howard Shore, Ben Foster and Nicholas Hooper.

Screenshots
Mapshot | Town of Greentree | Zandrian Mines | Zandrian Farms | Bandit Camp | Mountain Ranges of Uldûrh | Gallendale Cathedral

Map of the Known World
Timeline of Dystonian History

Sample Music
Click on the links to get a feel of some of the music that is featured in this scenario.
Skillet - Hero
Black Veil Brides - In the End
Future World Music - Eternal Love
Two Steps From hHell - A Hero's Return
Howard Shore - Misty Mountains
Hans Zimmer - Parlay

The The Dystonian Chronicles
This is the First Scenario in a very ambitious planned series. Obviously it is unlikely that many of these will not get made, but these are the stories that I have treatments written for. The series consists of three Single Player Scenarios - the main trilogy, various Prequel scenarios to explain various historical events in Dystonia from 40 years ago to 2000 years ago, numerous Spin-Off scenarios to explore the stories of some of the less seen characters, the unseen parts of Dystonia, and to see what the future has in stall for Dystonia. There is also a Non-Playable scenario to explore the largest city in Dystonia, and a multiplayer scenario for your own entertainment. They are...

The Wrath of... Trilogy
Wrath of the Traibs
Wrath of the Gods
Wrath of Uldûrh
Non-Playable Scenario
The City of Ardwaine
Spin-Off Scenarios
The Clearwood Troupe
Into the Wild
The Legend of The Friston
Over the Edge, and Over Again
The Bastard King
Alamore Defence
The Quad Cycle
A Shadowed Future
Minigame (Spin-Off)
Molten Treasure
Spin-Off Campaign
The Wymorian Tales
Prequels
Life, Death & Immortality
The Slave Kings
Ho, Ho, Ho. It's Magic
Last of the Wilds
Zezema: The Curse of King Jorah
Bandit Blood
The Lands Time Forgot
Mariana... The Girl Who Would Be Queen
The Birth of a Nation
The Mystical Adventures of Joseph de Burbon
One Mans Plunder, Another Nations Wealth
Inside Man
Multiplayer Scenario
Conquest of Dystionia

A BLACKFOREST STUDIOS PRODUCTION

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 02-12-2019 @ 05:25 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
D4Ra4Aracks111
Squire
posted 03-27-16 07:48 AM CT (US)     176 / 220       
I'm waiting so long for this campaign when you release it?. have you done bugfixing.
Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-07-17 12:35 PM CT (US)     177 / 220       
I've actually opened Age of Empires for the first time in over a year and started working on this again. I'm sorry guys for how long this has been in the playtesting stage. I think I'm being a bit of a perfectionist with it. Anyway I think I'm almost done I just have one question from Sam's report.
The enemy player also has no population headroom buildings other than a castle, meaning that they're capped at 20 population. Use Trigger Studio to tribute the enemy player the population headroom they need for the B&D portion of the scenario.
This was on a playtesting report but I don't know how to do this. Any help?
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-09-17 01:46 PM CT (US)     178 / 220       
Looks good Possidon!

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 03-10-17 01:23 PM CT (US)     179 / 220       
Possidon, there are hidden resources that control the player's population limit and housing headroom. With AoKTS, you can trigger a tribute of this resource to any player to increase these values without the presence of houses.

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1
Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-14-17 12:36 PM CT (US)     180 / 220       
Does anyone fancy playing what is hopefully the final version. I'll only need another playtest after this if there is considerable bug.

Please let me know. After 6 years I want to get this out!
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-14-17 01:35 PM CT (US)     181 / 220       
Sure, i can give it a spin

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 03-16-2017 @ 09:38 AM).]

Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-16-17 09:30 AM CT (US)     182 / 220       
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-16-17 10:09 AM CT (US)     183 / 220       
Same, I can playtest.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-16-17 11:11 AM CT (US)     184 / 220       
The files you sent me have no sounds included

Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-16-17 11:14 AM CT (US)     185 / 220       
I know I just got your email. I'm currently trying to fix an issue with Campaign editor so when I've sorted that I'll send you and Leif a new file.
Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-20-17 11:26 AM CT (US)     186 / 220       
Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-22-17 08:38 AM CT (US)     187 / 220       
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-22-17 09:38 AM CT (US)     188 / 220       
pong

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 03-22-2017 @ 03:10 PM).]

Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-22-17 09:50 AM CT (US)     189 / 220       
Once you get through the wall you should lose the first Alexander. If this didn't happen I'll check the triggers. The LOS will be fixed with UserPatch in the next update. The prison thing is funny. I don't believe Sam ever had a problem with that part, and neither have I. I'll have a test and see if I accidentally messed a trigger up since the last time it was played through.

The balance should be reasonably good. I know you're an experienced player so the fights against the bandits should be easy for you. The Zandrian guards should be a bit harder but it is all possible to win. I've tried to make it has easy as possible. The B&D section in part 3 has difficulty dynamics built into the AI.
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-22-17 10:38 AM CT (US)     190 / 220       
ping

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 03-22-2017 @ 03:09 PM).]

Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-22-17 10:41 AM CT (US)     191 / 220       
Strange. as far as I can recall, the scaffolding should be purple, which is the enemy civ so you should be enemies with it. You then destroy it which brings the prison guards out to investigate. You can then slip past them and into the prison. No need to attack them at all. I think the triggers may be set that they will become enemy with you if you get too close to them.
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-22-17 10:52 AM CT (US)     192 / 220       
ping

[This message has been edited by Cataphract887 (edited 03-22-2017 @ 03:10 PM).]

Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-22-17 12:58 PM CT (US)     193 / 220       
You're doing well. I haven't really written anything in terms of Hints yet to help the player along in those part so maybe I will include these things for the final file
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 03-22-17 05:30 PM CT (US)     194 / 220       
From my runs as a playtester a couple years ago, I can definitely agree with the comment about Alexander's LoS. I'd increase his LoS to 5-6, as having to explore a giant map with a 2 LoS unit is just painful

Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-23-17 06:30 AM CT (US)     195 / 220       
I haven't been able to start playtesting yet, but I hope to start today or tomorrow.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
(id: Great_Artiste)
posted 03-26-17 04:52 PM CT (US)     196 / 220       
@Possidon
Are you still in need of playtesters?

Roger

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 03-27-2017 @ 00:14 AM).]

Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-26-17 05:05 PM CT (US)     197 / 220       
Thanks to some comments from Cataphract I discovered a few fatal bugs in this scenario that I'm trying to patch up. Once that's done I'll let you know.
Possidon
Slayer
posted 10-02-17 03:30 PM CT (US)     198 / 220       
If all goes well this may be up by the end of the year!

Had a few playtests this week and fixed a load of bugs, so hopefully once I get someone else to have a playtest and Sam fixes the AI that he made, then I'll hopefully have a fully playable game ready for you all.

To keep you excited - Here's an updated mapshot

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 10-02-2017 @ 03:39 PM).]

Possidon
Slayer
posted 10-20-17 03:33 AM CT (US)     199 / 220       
delta1000
Squire
posted 10-26-17 01:38 AM CT (US)     200 / 220       
I am ready for beta testing!!!

The last week I was playing the scenarios of zampi69, only to discover a lot of bugs of his campaigns:

1 Cimientos del Imperio.- Bugs: impossible to advance to imperial age, impossible capture "vera cruz" because...THEY ARE "vera cruz", not relics, and the trigger never work, becoming the battle with the elefant with 300 attacks nearly impossible, except with a army of monks but is very horrible see a army of monks killing with heresy a lot of soldiers that were intended to die of other way.

2 Italia española.- I never understand how suposely you can destroy the french fortress with onager with 30000 life. I use monks to convert the onagers and trebuchet, and i think is not cheap. Bugs.- Never is triggered the activation of Chemistry, you NEVER would to use cannons and naval artillery either if is very necessary for the last naval battle in the campaign. I pass this last part with cobra cars in reemplace of galleons. Is impossible win the campaign with building a Church in the sarracene zone, because the last trigger of the messages of Explanation of tricks never activate the next trigger of the last part of the conversation, who activats the win message.

3.- The introduction of the Spy, if you try to steal the holy sudary, the mission is incomplete, you go to the church and... is over... no more missions, you cant finish the mission becuase they are never finished.

i really love the History and I really love the Zampi69 scenarios. I only think there are a few bugs to be corrected and they would be better.

Okey, enough of scenarios of zampi. When i was a teenager, my computer was a pentium II, and my age of empires crashes with scenarios with more than 1000 triggers or for whatever, for this I couldnt be a good tester.

But now with my PC MASTER RACE, i think i can play whatever scenario of age of empire II with no crash.

Can i be a tester of you campaign? I really want to play RPGs age of empires scenarios, and testing those.

"Por cierto soy de latino america asi que mi ingles puede tener algunos errores de escritura" (Ah... I am from Latino america, and my english would have some errors, dont kill me please)

My emails are Delta1000@protonmail.com, and auspi1000@hotmail.com

Mis saludos.
Possidon
Slayer
posted 04-08-18 03:16 PM CT (US)     201 / 220       
Pitt_Man
Squire
(id: Dark_Reign)
posted 04-09-18 00:15 AM CT (US)     202 / 220       
Added you on Steam, hit me up. I've got about a week free at the moment.

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
Possidon
Slayer
posted 04-09-18 12:49 PM CT (US)     203 / 220       
Possidon
Slayer
posted 01-24-19 02:10 PM CT (US)     204 / 220       
BIG PROJECT NEWS!

i have been redesigning part of the map, to make it a bit more diverse and less foresty. Zandria is now a desert country, which fits the spec of the civilisation and their architecture.

I'd love to hear your comments on my desert design. They're hard to design in AOK and this is my first proper attempt at creating one.

Mapshot

An update to Uldurh is coming next.

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 01-24-2019 @ 02:10 PM).]

rewaider
Squire
posted 01-24-19 06:22 PM CT (US)     205 / 220       
The site hosting the picture is down I guess (got error msg).
Good luck tho

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith
Possidon
Slayer
posted 01-25-19 05:57 AM CT (US)     206 / 220       
Here's a new update.

Would love some feedback on the design. After that, I'll require one more playtester and then the scenario might actually be finally ready for release.
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 01-25-19 10:59 AM CT (US)     207 / 220       
It's difficult to give detailed feedback on the design from a mapshot because one can only zoom in so far while maintaining image quality, but from what I'm seeing the thing that stands out to me is how stark the transition is from the forested regions to the desert. You've essentially got a narrow river system dividing verdant, lush landscape from arid, dry desert and it's not particularly convincing. I'd expect a liminal region between the river system and the desert where there are some plains and dry grass gradually blending into dirt1 and desert to represent the fact that the riverside regions are getting plenty of water while the inland ones are not.

For example, think of how much of North Africa (those provinces were the breadbasket of the Roman Empire for a long time, actually) near the coast and the rivers is actually quite hospitable to life and habitable before turning into arid, dry desert as you venture much further inland.

Possidon
Slayer
posted 01-28-19 01:18 PM CT (US)     208 / 220       
I HAVE GREAT NEWS!

Following my last playthrough today I can now happily announce that the file is now fully playable! All I need to do now is adjust of few tiggers and amend a few silly errors and then the file will be finally ready.

I want to apologise for the length it has taken for this file to be completed. Many people who were excited for this on its first announcement are no longer around, but I hope there are still many people who will enjoy this scenario. I think I've been too much of a perfectionist with it. After 9 years, the file will be finally uploaded within the month, dependant on how much free time I have this week.
dontstayafk
Squire
posted 01-28-19 03:46 PM CT (US)     209 / 220       
Do you have a server on discord to talk about the tests?
Possidon
Slayer
posted 01-29-19 05:12 AM CT (US)     210 / 220       
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames