You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.220 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Wrath of the Traibs - Download Now!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Wrath of the Traibs - Download Now!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 7  Next Page »
Possidon
Slayer
posted 11-15-11 01:24 PM CT (US)         

Works-in-Progress Spotlight - January 2016

Story
Wrath of the Traibs follows the story of a mercenary named Alexander who is hired by a king and sent on a rescue mission:

"The Xandrian war has been the worst conflict in Dystonia for over a thousand years. Fought between two tribes, the Xanders and the Traibs, the war has been going for four years, and both sides are starting to grow weary.

I one last push to gain the upper hand King Sebastian of the Traibs has sent his top solder, Drent to spy on King Yassen of the Xanders to find a weakness in his battle strategy. However, after three weeks he still hasn’t returned…

You play as Alexander, a mercenary hired by Sebastian. Your job is to spy on The Xanders, tell Sebastian everything you know and find out what has happened to Drent..."

The Story itself is split into Three Parts:
The Rescue
The Revelation
The Retribution

About the Scenario
I started this scenario back in early 2010 but I gave up after about a month of working on it and lost it. In about February 2011 I found all of my documents on it and thought; "Hey this could make quite a nice scenario" so I drastically built up the story and created an entire new map from scratch. After many years of on-and-off again designing, I finally finished and uploaded the scenario in February 2019.

The Scenario is built on a Giant map and uses The_Slayer90's Crusade Expansion. It is set in the fictional fantasy world of Dystonia. The map is split into five Countries: Ehr, Zandria, Uldûrh, Versali and Lars. All of the people of world worship two Gods called Zachadom and Saphadema.

Features
A Giant Map of Central Dystonia, featuring the 5 Countries with many Towns, Settlements and Cities.
A huge Backstory about the History of the World, Religion and Characters.
Modded using The_Slayer90's Crusade Expansion.
Classic fantasy features such as magic and whole new fantasy world and strange beasts.
An Inventory System
Ability to Buy Buildings
Part 1 of a planned series
Music by awesome rock/metal bands such as: Skillet, Black Veil Brides, Biffy Clyro, Love Robot, & Epica.
Music by legendary orchestral groups such as: Immediate Music, Two Steps From Hell and X-Ray Dog, Future World Music & Audiomachine.
Music from epic film and TV composers such as: Hans Zimmer, Murray Gold, Howard Shore, Ben Foster and Nicholas Hooper.

Screenshots
Mapshot | Town of Greentree | Zandrian Mines | Zandrian Farms | Bandit Camp | Mountain Ranges of Uldûrh | Gallendale Cathedral

Map of the Known World
Timeline of Dystonian History

Sample Music
Click on the links to get a feel of some of the music that is featured in this scenario.
Skillet - Hero
Black Veil Brides - In the End
Future World Music - Eternal Love
Two Steps From hHell - A Hero's Return
Howard Shore - Misty Mountains
Hans Zimmer - Parlay

The The Dystonian Chronicles
This is the First Scenario in a very ambitious planned series. Obviously it is unlikely that many of these will not get made, but these are the stories that I have treatments written for. The series consists of three Single Player Scenarios - the main trilogy, various Prequel scenarios to explain various historical events in Dystonia from 40 years ago to 2000 years ago, numerous Spin-Off scenarios to explore the stories of some of the less seen characters, the unseen parts of Dystonia, and to see what the future has in stall for Dystonia. There is also a Non-Playable scenario to explore the largest city in Dystonia, and a multiplayer scenario for your own entertainment. They are...

The Wrath of... Trilogy
Wrath of the Traibs
Wrath of the Gods
Wrath of Uldûrh
Non-Playable Scenario
The City of Ardwaine
Spin-Off Scenarios
The Clearwood Troupe
Into the Wild
The Legend of The Friston
Over the Edge, and Over Again
The Bastard King
Alamore Defence
The Quad Cycle
A Shadowed Future
Minigame (Spin-Off)
Molten Treasure
Spin-Off Campaign
The Wymorian Tales
Prequels
Life, Death & Immortality
The Slave Kings
Ho, Ho, Ho. It's Magic
Last of the Wilds
Zezema: The Curse of King Jorah
Bandit Blood
The Lands Time Forgot
Mariana... The Girl Who Would Be Queen
The Birth of a Nation
The Mystical Adventures of Joseph de Burbon
One Mans Plunder, Another Nations Wealth
Inside Man
Multiplayer Scenario
Conquest of Dystionia

A BLACKFOREST STUDIOS PRODUCTION

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 02-12-2019 @ 05:25 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Possidon
Slayer
posted 04-09-13 01:13 PM CT (US)     71 / 220       
panel
Squire
posted 04-09-13 01:23 PM CT (US)     72 / 220       
@poss: I should be able to manage that. You might want to send it this sunday though, in case you make any more updates to it, as I surely won't be able to test until then.
VenGalen
Squire
posted 04-12-13 08:21 PM CT (US)     73 / 220       
I am Very interesting for the work of Playtester

My E-mail is: Thakarmarcano@Gmail.com
Possidon
Slayer
posted 04-13-13 02:01 PM CT (US)     74 / 220       
Thanks. Well I'm probably gonna send out the Final Part tomorrow evening. Just spent the last week on polishing up a few mini quests.
shieldwolf23
Squire
posted 04-14-13 00:58 AM CT (US)     75 / 220       
Waiting then.

Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Battleground: Zerrissener Krieg ||Oct 2013||Gibraltar ||Nov 2013
Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
AOK Designer of the Year 2012
Core Team Member & Site Co-Administrator,Empire Creations || Team Member, Black Forest Studios
Kakashimoto
Squire
posted 04-14-13 08:42 AM CT (US)     76 / 220       
I have a useless question, how is Traibs pronounced?
Possidon
Slayer
posted 04-14-13 08:54 AM CT (US)     77 / 220       
panel
Squire
posted 04-17-13 11:49 PM CT (US)     78 / 220       
Just to let you know I haven't received anything yet. And I would really have some spare time now
Possidon
Slayer
posted 04-18-13 09:09 AM CT (US)     79 / 220       
Yeah I haven't sent it yet. Sorry I've been caught up with loads of work for various things. I'll get on to it tonight.
Possidon
Slayer
posted 04-18-13 11:46 AM CT (US)     80 / 220       
Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 04-18-13 12:06 PM CT (US)     81 / 220       
No Problem. Received, will play through this weekend.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
Possidon
Slayer
posted 04-18-13 12:33 PM CT (US)     82 / 220       
Possidon
Slayer
posted 07-24-13 04:02 AM CT (US)     83 / 220       
Back to AOK after a long absence. Working on some last side quests and then a final playtest. Expecting release in mid September. I would like it earlier but I've got about 4 weeks of holidays coming up.

Answers to these questions could also speed things up.

1) How do I make my hero get all of his HP back after a duel using triggers so the player doesn't have to wait for ages to heal

2) I have a whole load of farmers farming all over my map. They have almost unlimited wood but they keep stopping and standing still by the mill. How do I make them farm continuously?
Devious Dev
posted 07-24-13 05:47 AM CT (US)     84 / 220       
I am sorry Possidon, but i will not be able to playtest anymore.

Scratch that i changed my mind and ill give it another go
1) How do I make my hero get all of his HP back after a duel using triggers so the player doesn't have to wait for ages to heal
Effect 0: Damage Object: Hero: 1000 (or any number above his health)
Effect 1: Damage Object: Hero: - [hero's maximum health].
2) I have a whole load of farmers farming all over my map. They have almost unlimited wood but they keep stopping and standing still by the mill. How do I make them farm continuously?
Find out how long it takes until they return to the mill, then add a timer with that lenght and loop the trigger to send them back.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by DAVASTATAR (edited 07-24-2013 @ 08:49 AM).]

HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 07-24-13 08:39 AM CT (US)     85 / 220       
If you are using the Immobile Units AI, you could use the Lord Basse's patrol/freeze trick on the farms, which makes them regenerate their food. However, if you do too many of these (more than 15-20 I think) the game will crash when you load a saved game and you will have to reboot AoK and then load the save again.

You could use Ingo Van Thiel's Passive AI to make the villagers do their tasks, but then you don't really have control over which resources or farms they choose to use.

You could write rules into the Immobile Units AI to make the villagers rebuild farms, but again, it is hard to control where they rebuild the farms. Maybe Leif or somebody more experienced with AIs could give better advice.

If you don't want to tinker with AIs, then Dev's advice would be best.

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1

[This message has been edited by HockeySam18 (edited 07-24-2013 @ 09:24 AM).]

Devious Dev
posted 07-24-13 08:48 AM CT (US)     86 / 220       
You could write rules into the Immobile Units AI to make the villagers rebuild farms, but again, it is hard to control where they rebuild the farms. Maybe Leif or somebody more experienced with AIs could give better advice.
for that, you can just use the infinite farms trick. Lord Basse made a video about that i believe.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
Possidon
Slayer
posted 08-11-13 08:45 AM CT (US)     87 / 220       
It seems that even though I have no access to Aok and the scenario I can still work on the series. I just planned out the story for the sequel scenario called Wrath of the Gods. It seems that everything I write down about the scenarios I make I can think of a dozen more scenarios to continue each idea. It would be a miracle if I made everything I planned to make. The main trilogy two spin offs and four prequels. Never made anything so big before I'm excited to see at least one scenario finished.
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08-18-13 10:37 PM CT (US)     88 / 220       
The infinite farms trick is probably your best bet. AIs will place farms wherever they want, preferably around the town center. They won't rebuild it over where it was previously placed. You might be able to detect if a farm is in a certain area and then place one with triggers if the previous farm no longer exists.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
Possidon
Slayer
posted 08-26-13 07:41 AM CT (US)     89 / 220       
Possidon
Slayer
posted 09-15-13 12:06 PM CT (US)     90 / 220       
Work on Some improvements to the Map Design. I completely remade the City of Gallendale (Capital of Ehr). I felt like it was too empty for a capital city so I remade it and made it look alot more busy. Here's a screenshot from the northern part of the city.

And for a treat here are two more screenshots.

A Small Bandit Camp
Improved New Mapshot
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 09-15-13 12:29 PM CT (US)     91 / 220       
Great stuff, Possidon! Any timetable for the final release?

John the Late
Knight
posted 09-15-13 02:08 PM CT (US)     92 / 220       
Possidon
Slayer
posted 11-10-13 12:47 PM CT (US)     93 / 220       
I've been really busy lately since I've started my Intern, but I've found some time this weekend and I've got through a fair bit of Playtesting. I'm about 2/3rds of the way through playtesting, but it seems almost every other trigger has a bug at the moment. Luckely there very simple errors and easy fixes. Hopefully I should finish this by December/January. I would be great to get it in for December and have a shot a Game of the Year 2013

Anyway I've Just Updated the Topic Post with some more teasers. See if you can find them
Possidon
Slayer
posted 01-02-14 01:50 PM CT (US)     94 / 220       
Is there anyone up for doing a Final Playtest. The files complete. I just need another (Non-biased) person to go through ti to sort out any existing issues or bugs I may have missed.
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 01-07-14 03:32 PM CT (US)     95 / 220       
I probably don't have time, but hopefully someone else will!

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
Possidon
Slayer
posted 01-07-14 04:38 PM CT (US)     96 / 220       
Reganknight
Squire
(id: Reganknight1597)
posted 01-07-14 04:57 PM CT (US)     97 / 220       
I'd like to playtest. It looks good but I don't know if I will be able to. School during the week and sports on the weekends not sure if I could fit it in.

Anyways good luck.
Possidon
Slayer
posted 01-07-14 05:22 PM CT (US)     98 / 220       
Reganknight
Squire
(id: Reganknight1597)
posted 01-07-14 05:31 PM CT (US)     99 / 220       
Most definitely.

EDIT: Haha yeah that's what I meant.

[This message has been edited by Reganknight1597 (edited 01-08-2014 @ 06:44 AM).]

Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 01-07-14 11:03 PM CT (US)     100 / 220       
Haha, defiantly. That's definitely what you meant to say.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
Possidon
Slayer
posted 04-21-14 07:12 AM CT (US)     101 / 220       
DesoPL
Squire
posted 04-22-14 10:51 AM CT (US)     102 / 220       
Looks interesing, i would like take a look on that project if is possible.
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 04-22-14 11:25 AM CT (US)     103 / 220       
I would love to help, but I don't have the time at present. You should be fine without me though- there ought to be scores of people lined up wanting to play this!

Possidon
Slayer
posted 05-29-14 12:54 PM CT (US)     104 / 220       
Started jotting down ideas for the sequel today, but I can't work on that until this is finished. Any volunteers for playtesting? I need serious people who are willing to thoroughly check the scenario and is willing to play it more than once.
Possidon
Slayer
posted 06-26-14 10:36 AM CT (US)     105 / 220       
This can be released alot quicker with a playtester or two. I need someone who can play through and check for anything I've missed. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.Plans for the sequel are coming along nicely but I can't start that until this is released, so please can someone volunteer to playtest.I assure you, it will be worth it.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames