You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Some Multiplayer Designing Questions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Some Multiplayer Designing Questions
Devious Dev
Official Professional Qualified Noob
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
posted 08-18-12 06:45 AM CT (US)         
Alright, ive been playing a bit more online recently, and now ive got some questions because im starting to make my own mp scenario.

1) First of all, i cant seem to change the game sound while i am playing online, which is really enoying, because i cant hear the other players when im chatting in skype or teamspeak. It works perfectly in singleplayer, but as soon as i am doing multiplayer, the sound is on highest again, and turning it down doesnt have any effect. Any ideas?

2) When i make player 8 to be cpu, and all other players are human, does the p8 cpu still exist if player 6 and 7 are not in the game?

3) Can i use a custom AI in mp scenarios?

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
AuthorReplies:
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 08-18-12 06:52 AM CT (US)     1 / 8       
1) No idea what may be causing this issue. :/

2) They won't be in the game if the players are set to 'human', setting it to 'either' will allow you to include them.

3) Not exactly sure, but think this should be possible as long as all players have the corresponding AI file in their folder.
Basse
Squire
posted 08-18-12 07:50 AM CT (US)     2 / 8       
2) When i make player 8 to be cpu, and all other players are human, does the p8 cpu still exist if player 6 and 7 are not in the game?
If 8 players join your room, all 8 players will be human players. The "Either" or "Computer" setting is useless for multiplayer scenarios, since the host decides what sort of player the other players will be. He can put p2 as computer before anyone joins and P2 will then be a computer player in game, even if p2 is set to be "Either".
3) Can i use a custom AI in mp scenarios?
Some AIs can be used without a problem, some will not function as they do in single player and some will freeze-lagg the game. As long as the AI is "inside" the scenario file it should be fine. I don't think anyone needs the .AI and .PER files if they are included in the .scn/.scx file.

Using UserPatch you can set custom AIs in the lobby too.
Dead_End
Cavalier
posted 08-18-12 10:27 AM CT (US)     3 / 8       
Shows you how terrible I am at multiplayer scenarios. Learning new things each day.
Impeached
VIP (Reverie World Studios)
(id: MeGaIdIoT)
posted 08-18-12 07:05 PM CT (US)     4 / 8       
For 1), your options aren't being saved because your user isn't set properly. Open AoC normally, select a user in options in the menu, set your sound as you want, then quit normally. Now that should be your 'default' user and options will persist.

me
Devious Dev
posted 08-19-12 06:03 AM CT (US)     5 / 8       
Thx guys. now some more things:

4) If i use custom sounds in my scenario, do they get transferred automaticly with the scenario, or do i have to provide an extra download link?

5) How do i make a text appear for only 1 specific player?

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
Basse
Squire
posted 08-19-12 07:27 AM CT (US)     6 / 8       
4) If i use custom sounds in my scenario, do they get transferred automaticly with the scenario, or do i have to provide an extra download link?
They are not included, the triggers are set to start sounds from the players SOUND folder, and each player must download the sounds manually to be able to hear them. Nothing will happen if they do not have the sounds though. Using the standard sounds might be a good idea, then you won't have to give the other players the sound files.
5) How do i make a text appear for only 1 specific player?
Use the Send Chat effect, then select which player should recieve the message.
Devious Dev
posted 08-19-12 08:10 AM CT (US)     7 / 8       
Use the Send Chat effect, then select which player should recieve the message.
but it says source player there. Wouldnt then send THAT player the message to all the other players?

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
Basse
Squire
posted 08-19-12 09:37 AM CT (US)     8 / 8       
Well, in this case it means it is the target player
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames